Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2001, 03:35 PM   #1
peace30

I need urgent help....please...

Hi all,

This will be my first trip in WDW.
I want to stay off-site..
Which hotels are you reccommend?(40-60$)
What do u thing about Ramada Eastgate Fountain Park??
Thanx for your help in advance....
Kind Regards,
Bulent
Old 04-18-2001, 09:08 PM   #2
deena
Mouseketeer

I have not heard anything about your particular hotel....

but I can make recommendations in the area of properties you might be interested in. Last year I stayed at the Howard Johnson Maingate West and had a terrific time. The room was nice, clean, and spacious; housekeeping service was great along with very attentive desk staff for $52 a night.

Also, there have been fantastic reviews about such hotels as the Marriot World Center, Holiday Inn Family Suites, and Comfort Suites as well as plenty others. Others that I have read about that stayed at these have had wonderful accomodations close to Disney at a really good price.

If you want to find out some more about offsite options you can do a search at the bottom of this Orlando Hotels and Attractions board by typing in "offsite hotels" and you may also find out something concerning your specific hotel.

Welcome to the board and hope you have a nice trip to WDW.
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2001, 09:40 AM   #3
tinaluis
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Ramada back in 1993 and it was a nice place then, but I think I read a negative review of it recently. Try a search of the board using Ramada + Eastgate.

We've stayed at the Best Inn on 192 thru Priceline for $25/nt.(HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE), the Wyndham on I-Drive thru priceline for $16/nt. (wonderful), the Travelodge on I-Drive package deal thru AA Vacations (average), and one other that was so remarkable I've forgotten the name (ha, ha!). We have upcoming reservations at the Amerisuites near the Convention Center thru Priceline for $13/nt. and I've heard some wonderful things about it. We're really looking forward to it.
tinaluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 01:11 PM   #4
SimonV
Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'

For offsite hotels, I can definitely recommend Holiday Inn and Suites Maingate East; Sheraton Safari (Lake Buena Vista); Holiday Inn Sunspree (LBV); either of the two Hampton Inns; Country Inn and Suites (I-Drive); Sheraton Studio City (I-Drive); Radisson Orlando (Universal); or, for something really different and quite beautiful, the Celebration Hotel in Celebration.

You should also look up the Orlando Hotel Discounts link at the top of the page for some good prices on a whole range of very good properties.

simon.veness@virgin.net
SimonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 08:02 PM   #5
singitalto
Can't wait to stay at the Beach Club Villas!
Just loves 'OHana!

If your looking for some thing nice between $40 and $60 a night, I wuld either try priceline [ only after learning as much as I could, so I don't over bid]- OR-
I keep reading wonderful posts on The Magic Castle Inn on 192. There is a post on the boards right now, just down the page a little. Why don't you look into them. It sounds like a bargain. Clean, with a fridge and a pool with breakfast for like $32 a night. :D

All Star Sports Oct 2000
HIFS & Sheraton World Feb 2001
Courtyard WDW May 2001
HIFS Sept 2001 &
Dolphin Oct 2001
singitalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
JenC025
Mouseketeer

I used priceline for a three star hotel and got a room at the Courtyard By Marriott

for only 39.00 a night (this is costing me an extra 6.00 a night for a fridge) It's off site but I still get the early entry perk because it's affiliated with Disney.
JenC025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2001, 12:59 PM   #7
DJT
DIS Veteran

Hotels

Last year we stayed at the Sleep Inn Maingate on Irlo Bronson (192) for $34.99 with a coupon from www.roomsavers.com. It was very nice with a cont. breakfast, and had a microwave and refrigerator in the room. This year we stayed at a Hampton Inn on Universal Blvd. for $52.00 with coupon and cont. breakfast for two nights, then at the Extended Stay America on Westwood Boulevard for $42 a night for seven nights. It was nice and had a full size ref., a microwave, two burner cooktop, and sink. However, it did not have daily maid service (which was fine with us).
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote