Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #9
mickeyfanmom
DIS Veteran

Yeah aprilgail2-

I remember being on a business flight many years ago and a woman was breastfeeding next to a 10 year old boy with no blanket or any cover at all. He was asking her questions about it, and this made her mad so she called over a flight attendant to have HIM moved!

So the flight attendant comes to me and asks me to switch with the boy. I didn't really want to switch because it was way farther back in the plane, next to the window and my stuff was overhead of my seat but I wanted to help this poor boy out, so I moved.

As soon as I sat down, the woman started telling me that the boy that had been seated next to her was a rude boy to even ask her what she was doing, and to look etc. So I told her that kids are just naturally curious and maybe she should have covered up with a blanket to avoid the situation. She said that she was not going to put a blanket over her baby's head and put him in the dark and heat just because no one had taught that little "brat" manners. I bet she turned out to be some fine mother!

Before you flame me, I will tell you that I breastfed two children myself. But I always went to a discreet location (yes even a bathroom sometimes) or at the very minimum covered up with a blanket in a corner somewhere. I understand that it is a natural process, but so are a lot of other things that we do not do in public and that nobody else needs to see if they don't want to.

Flame away, but that's how I feel!

But the belly thing wouldn't bother me for my family to see if it was JUST the belly!

Now let's hear some more funny stories! This thread is great!

mickeyfanmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: