Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2004, 07:08 PM   #46
DutchsMommy
I did the Pirate Name thing
'The Angry Cuban' made me snort

Great thread - some funny stories, some just gross

The thing I can't believe is that someone would jump off Deck 4 into a harbour - what a complete dingdong!!! It would be so easy to DIE from that - not to mention who knows what the heck is in the harbour! For some reason that whole notion just gives me the giant heebeejeebeeies!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:20 PM   #47
angielynn10
Earning My Ears

Just had to say to DutchsMommy: that is one cute baby you've got there. Just made me laugh with that great grin!
All-Star Sports 1995
Caribbean Beach 1996
Coronado Springs 2004
Yacht Club & Disney Cruise 2004 - 10 yr anniversary
Saratoga Springs March 2006
Pop Century: September & October 2006, June & November 2007

DH 1st trip to Disneyland - January 2009

Disney Wonder - 6/2004, 12/2004, 10/06
angielynn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2004, 11:07 PM   #48
Tandyc
Disney brings out the kid in me!

Poodle with an eye patch !!!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I am loving this thread.

More more more
Old 11-10-2004, 11:41 PM   #49
GoofyFD
I'm the wretch the song talks about
Life changing...Job changing....heart changing.....

Great thread!
LOL
GoofyFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:33 AM   #50
conny264
DIS Veteran

I agree,great thread.
My sister and I took our first evre cruise this May.
Normally I´m easy angered by obnoxious behaviour,but Hey I´m on vacation.Unfortunatly I injured my knee on St.Maarten and had to keep it low for the rest of the week.But missing out on CC,no way.So I limbed very sowly with the help of two trams to serenity bay and found a nice place to enjoy.
Next thing two Mexican Ladies arrive,talking VERY loud to each other and in a walkietalkie to their husbands,settle down 3 chairs down the beach,talikng talking talking.
Guess what-10 minutes later the men arrive with kids(5 year old and baby with stroller and tons of stuff).
I told them very politly that this was the adult beach-no reaction.
My sister went swimming and sure enough baby starts crying.I got up,limped down the beach to find a castmember,who helped me back to my chair and then went to the family.
At first they pretended not to understand.so he send them away with more force.It was very amusing to see,how long it took for them to get all their stuff together and the noise that came with it.But after 20 minutes peace and quiet returned to serenity beach but the looks I got from them the rest of the day on the ship could have easyly killed me.

Lots of greetings from Germany
Conny

conny264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #51
natsmom125
Performed live, on stage aboard The Magic. Lucky to have cruised with "Babette" and "Scar. FDNY NEVER FORGET

I guess the Mom who complained thought it was inappropriate to be partially unclothed around young children. All of these kids were standing in line like little soldiers staring at this woman....and everyone has their own opinion on what is appropriate and what is not for their kids to see.

Phyllis

natsmom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:32 AM   #52
MarcyIn Florida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by natsmom125
I guess the Mom who complained thought it was inappropriate to be partially unclothed around young children. All of these kids were standing in line like little soldiers staring at this woman....and everyone has their own opinion on what is appropriate and what is not for their kids to see.

Phyllis

Well, I thought, from your original post, that it was just her belly that was exposed. :D If she was freestyling it, that's another story.
Our DCL Cruises: Disney Wonder, 2001; Disney Wonder, October 2002; Disney Magic (Western), the Hurricane Frances tour, Sept. 2004; Disney Magic (Eastern), February 2006; Disney Magic (Western), New Year's Eve 2007-2008; Disney Magic (Eastern, Tortola), July 2009; Disney Magic (Eastern, 8 Day Holiday Cruise), December 2011.
You can usually find us on the lazy river at Blizzard Beach.
MarcyIn Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 05:33 PM   #53
JRLINK3
Mouseketeer

I'm really loving these stories!

(Me 32) (DH 32) (DD 13)
JRLINK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #54
westjones
Mother of Two Disney Princesses
Boy I learn something new all the time on these boards!

OK, my funniest story was from someone in our group. Actually, I hadn't met him before, he is the BIL of my friend who joined us on the Magic this past September.

My friend's BIL liked wearing a large white cowboy hat all the time on the ship. At night, he wore western shirts to dinner.

While walking to dinner some kids spotted him and yelled to their parents, "Look! A Cowboy! Can we get a picture?" They thought he was one of the characters on the ship! My friend's BIL stopped and posed for the pictures and then went on to dinner!

DJ
westjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:32 PM   #55
ashtravel
Earning My Ears

When I last cruised on the Magic, I was sitting by the Mickey pool when I saw a lady sitting directly across from me. She was wearing a very skimpy bikini. Her son, who looked to be about 4 or 5 years old, came up to her, pulled her top to the side , and started to breast feed. When he was done, he put it back and jumped back into the water. I couldn't believe my eyes and though they must be European. The child did it a second time. I wanted to see if I could detect an accent and when I passed by her I noticed a distinct southern drawl! That still gives me a chuckle to this day.
ashtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #56
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Okay, I'm a stupid man, but isn't 4 or 5 a little old to be breast feeding, even by La Leche standards?
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 10:18 PM   #57
ashtravel
Earning My Ears

That was what was so creepy about what I was witnessing. It was too weird to see a kid that old manhandle his mother like that. I believe in breastfeeding but that was too strange for me. I really thought they were European but it turned out they were from the US. And the fact that she did this in just a public place was beyond imagination. It truly was the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life.
The other thing I remember was a young couple with a toddler who insisted on allowing her in the main mickey pool. The lifeguard repeating told them she belonged in the "ear: because she was wearing a diaper. I overheard her say that this was her vacation and her daughter was going to go in the main pool. She would have her husband watch the life guard and she would stand in front of her kid to block the view of the life guard while she played in the main pool. She had to be told a few times. Of course, soon after watching these events, the pool had to be closed because of an accident in the pool. The mindset of some people is unbelieveable that they are allowed to have fun at other people's expense. That toddler was perfectly happy playing in the "ear" but her mother felt like (and I heard her say) we paid a lot for this cruise and my little darling is going to swim where ever she wants. Please!!!!!!
ashtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:13 PM   #58
GoofyFD
I'm the wretch the song talks about
Life changing...Job changing....heart changing.....

Ok, we bought a Mickey balloon at WDW and brought it on the ship. Well not knowing that if you have the veranda door open and you open up the stateroom door, WOOOOSSSSHHH out went Mickey. Thank God my Daughter was up in the pool with Mom! She never questioned about the balloon.
GoofyFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:32 PM   #59
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

AKA BIP - Bibbidy is a Pirate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by brack
While I consider the "natural" method of feeding an infant the best for the child ........ right at the coffee station on deck 9, with NO COVER AT ALL, is not the proper place. I was stunned to see 'it".
Not sure what you mean by no cover at all (do you mean the entire breast was exposed?) but I also have to ask- what would have been the proper place? The bathroom stall or something of that nature?
*sigh*

As for the exposed belly- someone said people have different ideas of what is appropriate behavior... if it was ONLY the pregnant belly, it was inappropriate to ask her to cover it up no matter how many children were staring- it was just a belly! They were probably staring because it was so big! But there's nothing wrong with showing a belly, pregnant or not.
If you meant her breasts were also exposed, then please say so... but if not, they have no right to ask her to cover up her belly.
2004 ASMU solo trip
2005 ASMO mom & kids trip (June-DD's birthday), ASSP mom & kids trip (Oct-MNSSHP)
2006 GF RPC & Disney "double scoop" cruise (family trip)
2008 Disneyland & EB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
2009 WDW @ FW & 7nt Western Cruise (family trip)
2010 DL (mom & kids road trip), WB TransAtlantic Cruise (family trip)
2011 DL & Wonder B2B repo & Alaska! (family trip), offsite WDW mom & kids trip
2012 DL Jan/Feb 2012 (w/friend), WDW/Fantasy 6/23/12 (family trip)
2013 Magic Galveston cruise (family trip), July DL (family trip)
2014 WB Panama Canal Cruise (family trip)
BibbidyBobbidyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:46 AM   #60
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Not sure what you mean by no cover at all (do you mean the entire breast was exposed?) but I also have to ask- what would have been the proper place? The bathroom stall or something of that nature?
*sigh*
I dont think they should have to breastfeed in the bathroom stall but a little discretion would be nice. I was on a plane and the lady next to my 11 year old god son just whiped her breast right out there and breastfed...he was so embarrassed and he was stuck there next to her on the plane the whole time she did that...a little cover up,, blanket etc would have been nice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: