Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #31
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

If needs be, can I send some money to someone who has a Paypal account, which they can then add on to their check?
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Old 09-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #32
BarbR-Atlanta
Honorary DIS Veteran
I dropped my cell phone in the toilet but blamed it on my son

Count the Reardon family from Atlanta in. Just waiting to hear how we are proceeding....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #33
HookdonWDW
Yankee Girl in a Southern Belle World
Perfect feet- just my torch to carry

Thanks so much to those who have already read and replied to this thread. I know that the contributions that members of the DISBoard family make to the scholarship fund will be deeply appreciated.

After much thought, and many conversations with different people, it has been decided that it would be best if people made individual contributions, and/or signed the online guestbook. The logistics of keeping track of all of the donations - even with the advent of Paypal could be a logistical nightmare. Individual donations will be quicker and easier in the long run.

Last edited by HookdonWDW; 09-10-2004 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-10-2004, 05:29 AM   #34
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for letting us know. We're in too!! He shared way too much to let this pass.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:23 AM   #35
JimC
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Great idea. Thanks for getting the necessary information.
WDW - All Star Movies (Fantasia), Animal Kingdom Lodge (3), Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House-2, Kidani Village-5), Bay Lake Towers (7), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas (8), Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (2), Caribbean Beach (Aruba-2, Jamaica-2), Coronado Springs (Casitas-3), Dixie Landings (Bayou), Disney Institute (Villas-3), Grand Floridian (Sago Cay), Old Key West (5), Polynesian (Figi), Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs (Carousel, Congress Park, Grandstand-2, Paddock, Springs, Treehouse Villas), Villas at Grand Floridian, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (5), Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Other (Cypress Harbour-6, Doubletree Castle, Renaissance WorldGate, Village [Royal Plaza, Pickett Suite])
DCL - Dream (2/11 4, 10/11 3, 2/12 4, 5/13 4, 5/14 4), Fantasy (11/13 Eastern), Magic (6/99 4, 5/05 Panama Canal, 9/08 5, 11/10 Eastern, 10/11 Western), Wonder (12/06 4, 9/09 4, 5/12 Alaska)
DL - Grand Californian (4), Villas Grand Californian (3), Marriott
Other DVC - Hilton Head, Vero Beach (6)
Old 09-10-2004, 09:08 AM   #36
DisneyMeMa

Welcomed Guest

Thanks for the addtional information, HookdonWDW. With your help, my note and contribution are ready to be mailed.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #37
jaysue
DIS Veteran

Count us in too.....

Awaiting any group instructions

Thanks
Jason & Susan "jaysue"
Old 09-11-2004, 11:56 PM   #38
AdventurerKat
Cries in her Jello shots
Adventurers Club Addict
Thinks she is invisible to the Tag Fairy, but she's not!

I would also like to contribute and will check this board for information.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #39
JudyS
Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!

I think contributing to the scholarship fund is a wonderful gesture.

I suspect there are many people here who would like to chip in a little something, even though they never met Rich in person. However, they feel awkward about sending a check for only $5 or $10. So, I'm concerned that if there is no way to do a joint contribution, many people will just not contribute at all.

I propose that some active person on the board use their own paypal account to accumulate a contribution that will be sent to the scholarship fund. I personally would have no trouble trusting a member of the "DIS family" to forward my contribution. However, for those who might be concerned, there are various ways to make sure that the money goes where it is intended. For example, a second active member here could be given permission to look at the paypal account and see how much was donated, and check with the family to make sure that they received the proper amount.

I am not that active here, so I don't think I'd be an appropriate person to collect the money. But, I hope a volunteer steps forward.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:37 PM   #40
ReneeQ
DIS Veteran

I posted this last night on the "In Memoriam" Post, but got no response. Then I saw this thread was "updated," so thought maybe there was new information about sending donations, but that's not what it was. So I'm putting my original post here also:

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, with all the threads on Rich being consolidated into one. I sent a card and a donation to the address in Doc's post. It came back to me today with "Return to Sender, Undeliverable as addressed, unable to forward."

I mailed it on 9/10 and it is postmarked in Fort Lauderdale on 9/14. I double checked the address and I have it EXACTLY as Doc has it posted.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Old 09-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #41
klmnluvdis
Earning My Ears

Unhappy richyams scholarship fund

hi all
this is rich's sister lori...
let me just start off by saying THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
I did check the info and what is posted is correct...
I will check on mon to make sure.. I hope this not happening to everyone please let me know..thank you
Old 09-19-2004, 10:15 PM   #42
Richyams
A man, A legend, A way of life...

Hello all, this is Lisa...

...and I've heard from several people that they've had trouble sending to the funeral home address (returned to sender, etc).

If you'd like to send via mail, you can use this address:
Lisa Hyams
C/O Discovery Latin America/Iberia
6505 Blue Lagoon, 3rd Floor
Miami, FL 33126-2210

or via Paypal:
lhyams@quickstartconnect.com

Thanks once again for your continued support, thoughts and prayers. They are very much appreciated.

Sincerely
Lisa
Old 09-20-2004, 09:37 PM   #43
ReneeQ
DIS Veteran

Thank you Lisa, for the updated information. I hope you, Jacqui and the rest of Rich's family are doing well during this difficult time. I think of you all often.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: