Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > In Memoriam
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #11
Crissup
Upset CAK because she didn't get to hold it first
Haunted by Tag Fairy droppings

Unhappy

This is very sad news. I first encountered Rich on these boards back in 1998. Back before the threaded format of the boards. I used to look for posts from Rich and selectively pick them out to read because I knew they would either be very informative or very funny.

The first time I replied to one of his posts, I quoted one line from his post (proper netiquette from the early days of dial up BBS'ing, you only quote enough to remind people which post you are replying to). Rich thought I was selectively quoting to intentionally take his words out of context. Once I had replied and explained that I was using proper netiquette, all was well and we never had a problem again.

I always loved seeing Rich's replies. It was obvious that he was an extremely intelligent guy and also loved to yank people's chains and watch them react. LOL!! I would sit back and watch as Rich would poke at just the right places to stir the pot and I would sit in front of my computer chuckling like a crazy man.

I also remember when I was playing around with stocks. Rich had started posting some information on the DizBiz board about how and when to react. I learned quite a bit from him.

Rich will be sorely missed by myself and many others. I'm truly saddened by this loss.

Rest in Peace, Rich!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: