Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2014, 07:20 AM   #796
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23
Please remind me, I remember at the bottom of the TS meals receipts there are 2 suggested tips amounts listed is it 18 and 20%? Thanks!
Yes
Old 09-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #797
ValarDisneyus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard101 View Post
I just got back last week and was on the dining plan. When they bring you the bill,unless you are a party of 8 or more I believe, they will bring you a bill for the total of your meal and there is a spot on the check that gives you a recommended tip amount ( if I am not mistaken it shows 18% and 20%) this is just a suggestion. there is then a spot for you to writ in the tip amount. They will take the check back after you put your room card in the sleeve and fill out the tip amount. They will bring you the final copies of your receipt one for the room charge and one for the tip amount. You sign both of them and look over them to make sure all charges are correct. If you have any doubt about weather a tip has been added, check the original receipt for added grituity. It is really easy and if you ever have any questions you can always ask the server they are very understanding about the confusion behind understanding the charges on the dinning plan. Don't fret, I have never been double charged for my tip. if it happens I would assume it was an oversight by not reading the check closely. Have a great trip and enjoy.
Forgive me; I haven't read all the way through yet, but I was wondering how this has changed now that there are magic bands, please? Thanks in advance!
ValarDisneyus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #798
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

It doesn't. The magic band is only the device you use to pay for the meal. Everything else is the same.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #799
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarDisneyus View Post
Forgive me; I haven't read all the way through yet, but I was wondering how this has changed now that there are magic bands, please? Thanks in advance!
They bring out a little pad, and you roll your band over it. Pretty simple.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #800
ValarDisneyus
Mouseketeer

And then you just sign for the tip amount?
Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #801
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarDisneyus View Post
And then you just sign for the tip amount?
it's exactly as was posted above. They scan your band, bring you a receipt to look over and put in a tip amount. They then run your DP and charge the tip to your room and bring everything for you to sign
Old 09-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #802
ValarDisneyus
Mouseketeer

Got it! Thanks so much!!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:23 PM   #803
smidgy
dimples

I believe the auto gratuity is added for parties of 6 or more (not 8)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #804
Andytoo
Earning My Ears

Wishes Dessert Party Tipping

Are tips expected/accepted for the wishes dessert party?
Thanks!
Andytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #805
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
New tipping thread policy

Time for a fresh start to the tipping thread. Same rules, same info, just a new start

Tipping threads here on the Restaurant Boards have consistently turned into debate threads with lots of arguments. They all tend to get closed in the end once they cross the line.

The Restaurant Board mods are willing to create one thread where tipping questions can be asked and answered. HOWEVER, this is NOT the debate board.

Here are the basic guidelines
1. No fighting, name calling or debate on people's personal tipping habits. This includes but not limited to:
• I will not tip my server more than I tithe the Lord
• I will not give a server more than I make an hour
• Everyone knows servers make 100k a year, why should I tip them
• Servers should be paid a living wage and not have to depend on tips to support themselves. hence tipping should be abolished.
2. No flaming anyone for any reason.

3. Any post deemed off topic or in anyway against the posting guidelines will be deleted without comment and the poster will receive an infraction.

4. Any other thread started on the restaurant board for the "tipping" topic will be closed with a note to see this thread (This includes DDP board).

5. No personal tipping habits are to be discussed. Generally speaking, what you tip at Disney is entirely up to you. To figure out what your meal will run, check out the menus here on the DIS. This will give you an idea of the meal cost. Disney does provide 18% and 20% calculations on the dining receipt. What you actually tip, is up to you with the exceptions below.

The exceptions to this are those using the Tables in Wonderland (TiW) Discount Card and parties of 6 or more. If you are in either one of these categories, you will have an auto gratuity of 18% added to your bill. Adjustments to this would need to be discussed with a manager.

Parties of 6 include everyone at the table, including children under 3 and infants. If you are dining with another group and paying separate, you are still subject to the 18% gratuity added to the bill. Each group at the table can get their own bill with their portion of the gratuity split out.

Please note – Disney does not differentiate between types of Table Service – buffets, all you care to eat and menu ordering locations are all treated equal and subject to the same guidelines by Disney.

There is always concern expressed about a set gratuity and service. Your option is to talk to the manager at the time of the incident. The only adjustment possible is done by the restaurant manager. Better to speak to the manager early on and receive improved service than to complain at the end to request redeuced gratuity

6. You may pay the gratuity in many different forms. You may use:
• Disney Dollars
• Disney Visa (or any credit card)
• Disney gift cards and Disney Reward cards
• Disney room charge (KTTW card)
• Cash (Just write cash on the tip line and leave the $$ in the folder)

7. The gratuity is included (on DDP and OOP) in the dinner shows Hoop Dee Doo Review, Spirit of Aloha and at Cinderella’s Royal Table. You can always leave additional.
(For Dining Plan guests it is also included for Private In-Room Dining and Pizza Delivery when using Dining Plan Credits to pay for your meals)

8. No tip is accepted at the Wishes dessert parties.

Please abide by these guidelines - and everyone can get the info they need for planning their magical Disney vacations.

If this does not work, we will ban this topic from the restaurant boards. Any new posts started will be closed

Thank you and we appreciate your cooperation,
The Restaurant Board Mods
Just a reminder of all of the great info in the first post of the thread.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #806
MendySueH
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixeldust Fairy View Post
No, we tipped 20% all of us did. None of us left with out leaving well above the 18% for the tip. No one in my family would skip out on the tip. We all work in service and that was never an option. In all the years we have traveled and paid like we do (separating tickets) we have never had this happen before this incident. I know it's easy to say someone in your party did not tip accordingly. But I am positive we all left the proper amount.
I had this happen to me last year at Whispering Canyon. My 20% tip would have been $17. I left a Disney Gift Card that had $25 on it (I bought them in advance through disneygiftcard.com for each meal that I had ADR) in the billfold. So, I left her more than 20%. When I went to settle my bill at check out at the resort a few days later, I had a $17 charge for a tip to my account. So, that server (who wasn't even that good and wasn't in character for the meal) got well over 20% and there was nothing I could do about it. This year I will be charging them to my room and settling my bill nightly at check-in desk at resort with my gift cards.
MendySueH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: