Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #106
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

I'm so glad we bought our tickets for Halloween Night and 10/28 last week!

I haven't been to MNSSHP since 2010. Does anyone think doing it twice is going to be over-kill?
Or was a good a move to go twice so that we're not trying to cram everything in in one night?

I knew 10/31 was going to be crowded, but can anyone offer any ideas as to how crowded it may be compared to a regular/ordinary crowded park day?

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #107
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears

Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle

Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends at the witching hour for the season’s most decadent dessert party. Taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, it’s the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle!

Set within the majestic halls of Cinderella’s Royal Table, don’t miss your chance to meet a menagerie of malevolent special guests—all while you indulge in devilish desserts and wicked entertainment.

As the evening continues, follow fellow Guests to the dining room, where the surroundings have transformed into an upscale, villainous atmosphere. Inside, enjoy the eerie entertainment as a piano player provides live music, accompanied by a few haunting solos from Lady Tremaine herself.

By purchasing a ticket to both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle, you’ll receive preferred viewing for the 8:15 performance of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, as well preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular.

Plus, you’ll be treated to the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Table—a delightful affair where you can feast your senses on Lady Tremaine’s eerie musical talents, over-the-top desserts and specialty non-alcoholic beverages. You’ll even receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup!

Admission

Admission to the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is available for $99 per person, plus tax (gratuity included).
Please be aware that admission to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and is not included in the price.
In addition, be aware that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event and is not included with admission to Magic Kingdom park.
Reservations

Online booking is not available for the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle. To make a reservation, please call (407) 939-5262. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Reservations are highly recommended for the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table, taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014; and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014.
Check-In

To check in for the event, visit the Will Call booth outside the main entrance of Magic Kingdom park from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Starting at 7:30 PM, you may check in at the parade and fireworks viewing area in the central plaza by the Castle Forecourt Stage.
Once you have checked in, you’ll receive a wristband identification, which must be presented to enter the preferred viewing areas and Cinderella’s Royal Table.
If you choose not to participate in the preferred parade or fireworks viewing, you can check in at Cinderella’s Royal Table at your designated seating time.
Additional Information

Entertainment and character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Reserved viewing for Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade is for the 8:15PM performance only.
Wrist bands are non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Please be advised that seating is not provided at the preferred parade or fireworks viewing. Wheelchairs and Electronic Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) can be accommodated in the viewing areas and at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event.
Offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
There are a limited number of tickets available for this event.

Last edited by TheSweetestThing; 08-25-2014 at 08:48 AM.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #108
iheartMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThing View Post
Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle Join Lady Tremaine and her villainous friends at the witching hour for the season’s most decadent dessert party. Taking place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, it’s the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle! Set within the majestic halls of Cinderella’s Royal Table, don’t miss your chance to meet a menagerie of malevolent special guests—all while you indulge in devilish desserts and wicked entertainment. As the evening continues, follow fellow Guests to the dining room, where the surroundings have transformed into an upscale, villainous atmosphere. Inside, enjoy the eerie entertainment as a piano player provides live music, accompanied by a few haunting solos from Lady Tremaine herself. By purchasing a ticket to both Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle, you’ll receive preferred viewing for the 8:15 performance of Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, as well preferred viewing for the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks Spectacular. Plus, you’ll be treated to the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Table—a delightful affair where you can feast your senses on Lady Tremaine’s eerie musical talents, over-the-top desserts and specialty non-alcoholic beverages. You’ll even receive an autograph card and a souvenir Maleficent dragon cup! Admission Admission to the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle is available for $99 per person, plus tax (gratuity included). Please be aware that admission to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is required and is not included in the price. In addition, be aware that Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is a special ticketed event and is not included with admission to Magic Kingdom park. Reservations Online booking is not available for the Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle. To make a reservation, please call (407) 939-5262. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Reservations are highly recommended for the Dessert Soiree at Cinderella’s Royal Table, taking place at both 10:15 PM and 11:45 PM on September 1, 9 and 12, 2014; and at 10:15 PM only on September 14, 16, 19, 21, 23, 26, 28 and October 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 13, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 30 and 31, 2014. Check-In To check in for the event, visit the Will Call booth outside the main entrance of Magic Kingdom park from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Starting at 7:30 PM, you may check in at the parade and fireworks viewing area in the central plaza by the Castle Forecourt Stage. Once you have checked in, you’ll receive a wristband identification, which must be presented to enter the preferred viewing areas and Cinderella’s Royal Table. If you choose not to participate in the preferred parade or fireworks viewing, you can check in at Cinderella’s Royal Table at your designated seating time. Additional Information Entertainment and character appearances are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Reserved viewing for Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade is for the 8:15PM performance only. Wrist bands are non-transferrable and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Please be advised that seating is not provided at the preferred parade or fireworks viewing. Wheelchairs and Electronic Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) can be accommodated in the viewing areas and at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Disney dining plan entitlements may not be redeemed for this event. Offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. There are a limited number of tickets available for this event.
Just booked this today. The kids are very excited about this new event.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
iheartMagicKingdom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #109
Ero_FL
AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP22 View Post
I'm wondering how the below (Maleficent horns) would fit in relation to the above rule...

http://www.amazon.com/Maleficent-Mov...leficent+horns
I would think anything that you could wear to the park on a regular day you can wear to MNSSHP. I saw a woman with those at HS when we went in June. I bought a pair online when we got home.

They're a little on the small side and heavy-ish for the headband, definitely why they have a child in the photo. It's really hard to get it to stay on my head. I need to put my hair back into a tight pony and tuck the sides into my hair to hold it. Even that is not going to last an entire evening. I was thinking of wearing mine but I'm not sure yet.

(Me) (DH) (DD9) (DS4) (DD1) We are APs now!
ASM: Oct '14 (MNSSHP) / Boardwalk: Sept '14 (F&W) / AOA (LK suite): June '14 - 7 days / POR: Feb '12 / CSR: May '10 / Pop: Oct '09
Ero_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #110
Ero_FL
AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetestThing View Post
Villains’ Sinister Soiree: A Wicked Takeover of Cinderella Castle...
Oh I wish we could go. Not sure about dropping $400 for a dessert party, though.

ASM: Oct '14 (MNSSHP) / Boardwalk: Sept '14 (F&W) / AOA (LK suite): June '14 - 7 days / POR: Feb '12 / CSR: May '10 / Pop: Oct '09
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #111
Virtucomp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_FL View Post
Oh I wish we could go. Not sure about dropping $400 for a dessert party, though.
You forgot you get a Maleficent Dragon mug too! It must be gold plated.
Aug 1990 Fort Wilderness Camp, Nov 2000 All Star Movie, Oct 2003 All Star Music, May 2005 Pop, June 2006 Pop, Aug 2007 POFQ, May 2010 POFQ, Dec 2011 Caribbean Beach, May 2013 Boardwalk, September 2014 Coronado Springs Food & Wine Festival

Virtucomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #112
RJP77
Mouseketeer

I got to say that the idea of paying for a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event rubs me the wrong way. This Soiree makes me worry that I am going to get ripped off for the regular MNSSHP if I don't buy it. It feels like they plan to oversell this, as they did the Villain's Party this weekend, and then when I can't get near a character it will be justified because I didn't spend more money. I'm already dropping about $400 to get my family into the party and now I'm supposed to drop another $500 for preferred seating and desserts. I know this is not something Disney will ever consider, but how about you just not oversell the event so that people don't have to wait 3 hours in line for characters, food or parties? Sigh.
RJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #113
Ero_FL
AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJP77 View Post
I got to say that the idea of paying for a hard ticket event within a hard ticket event rubs me the wrong way. This Soiree makes me worry that I am going to get ripped off for the regular MNSSHP if I don't buy it. It feels like they plan to oversell this, as they did the Villain's Party this weekend, and then when I can't get near a character it will be justified because I didn't spend more money. I'm already dropping about $400 to get my family into the party and now I'm supposed to drop another $500 for preferred seating and desserts. I know this is not something Disney will ever consider, but how about you just not oversell the event so that people don't have to wait 3 hours in line for characters, food or parties? Sigh.
That concerns me, too. This is the first time we've ever been and I ordered my tickets yesterday.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #114
MikeP22
Awesome

Quote:
My thoughts exactly...
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #115
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your concerns are justified...

But I think the dessert party is more "selling ice to Eskimos" by Disney than "planning for crowds"

Remember...they have about 30 of these over two months...and while attendance has increased, the cost scares most away.

I can buy as many tickets as I want for Halloween itself right now (actually considering it as plans may work out).

It's $100 a day for the morning...plus $62-70 for five hours at night...
Just tickets...that's a ton of throw away money for most travelers...even at disney world
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:04 AM   #116
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Your concerns are justified...

But I think the dessert party is more "selling ice to Eskimos" by Disney than "planning for crowds"

Remember...they have about 30 of these over two months...and while attendance has increased, the cost scares most away.

I can buy as many tickets as I want for Halloween itself right now (actually considering it as plans may work out).

It's $100 a day for the morning...plus $62-70 for five hours at night...
Just tickets...that's a ton of throw away money for most travelers...even at disney world
I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not exactly understanding what it is that you are trying to say. Just wanted to point out that MNSSHP for Halloween night has been sold out for nearly a week.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #117
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero_FL View Post
Ridiculous, I'll bring my own cupcake, sit on the curb and enjoy the parade for a lot cheaper. Then go over to Shula for a nice steak.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #118
RJP77
Mouseketeer

Without a doubt I think this party is a way of dealing with expected crowds. We just saw this weekend that people are very eager to get close to the villains, who are generally rarely out and about. This event gives people who are most eager an opportunity to pay and guarantee they get to meet at least some villains. Of course it is also a cash grab. My main worry about this however is that this event helps bolster the feeling within Disney that they are justified in overselling the event because, if people really want to meet the villains they do have a chance to guarantee they can meet them.

I'm not even going to get into the issue that this party is catering to the wealthy (i.e. for most families this would bring one night's cost to attend in and around the $1000 range) or how this manages customer complaints. As I can only speculate about how this demographic complains about not getting their money's worth relative to any other demographic. But I would guess this will help decrease the complaints of a vocal group when the party ends up too crowded.

We know that Halloween is already sold out. I'd be curious to know exactly how many tickets that means. What is the max capacity for each party and how does that compare to max capacity in previous years.
RJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #119
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not exactly understanding what it is that you are trying to say. Just wanted to point out that MNSSHP for Halloween night has been sold out for nearly a week.
Has it?

It was available for purchase a
Few days ago.

But even still...if it was for sale on say - August 15 - that is NOT a great amount of advance demand from a Disney perspective.

Many of these dates will more than likely not sell out.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:44 AM   #120
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
Has it?

It was available for purchase a
Few days ago.
It sold out sometime before 9:00am on Thursday, Aug. 21.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: