Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
Dano13
Mouseketeer

MK construction --- any ideas?

Hi ..." We just got back from 9 glorious days at the BWI but the one question we were left with is what is being done in between the Tomorrowland Terrace and Main Street? There are faux walls up and some signs of pending construction. Anyone know anything?

We were saddened to already have spotted some Frozen signage around Norway, particularly at the Stave Church. Looks like a done deal. And the wait times for maelstrom were very long our whole stay too, at least we got on it twice.
Dano13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano13 View Post
Hi ..." We just got back from 9 glorious days at the BWI but the one question we were left with is what is being done in between the Tomorrowland Terrace and Main Street? There are faux walls up and some signs of pending construction. Anyone know anything? We were saddened to already have spotted some Frozen signage around Norway, particularly at the Stave Church. Looks like a done deal. And the wait times for maelstrom were very long our whole stay too, at least we got on it twice.
The work being done at MK is the hub expansion project that has been announcement for a long time will be finished next year sometime.

The frozen signage has been up since Anna and Elsa had a meet and greet there so that's not new and does not have anything to do with maelstrom.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
PACVII
Mouseketeer

What ever happen to the Main Street bypass? Is that still being worked or scrapped with the hub expansion?
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #4
KYMickey
Adding EARS to Kentucky!

Location: Louisville Kentucky, home of the Derby and the 2014 TPC championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACVII View Post
What ever happen to the Main Street bypass? Is that still being worked or scrapped with the hub expansion?
Its ongoing work, I saw pictures on one of the other websites, I forget which one, that showed some of the bypass work on the Tomorrowland side. I'm not really sure if is considered the same project or not but it's definitely a work in progress.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #5
Dano13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
The work being done at MK is the hub expansion project that has been announcement for a long time will be finished next year sometime.

The frozen signage has been up since Anna and Elsa had a meet and greet there so that's not new and does not have anything to do with maelstrom.
How does Maelstrom closing with Frozen signage up not related? Frozen is the reason the ride is going.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How does Maelstrom closing with Frozen signage up not related? Frozen is the reason the ride is going.
Yes but the Frozen signage is there because their is a frozen gift shop inside. Their used to be a Frozen M&G in their too before it was moved to MK. Frozen is not confirmed to be going into maelstrom even though I am a strong believer it is. I have heard from several sources that it is. That signage is for the gift shop though not the ride. Frozen mercy sells like hot cakes they aren't going to get rid of something that makes money Disney isn't stupid.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #7
Dano13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
Yes but the Frozen signage is there because their is a frozen gift shop inside. Their used to be a Frozen M&G in their too before it was moved to MK. Frozen is not confirmed to be going into maelstrom even though I am a strong believer it is. I have heard from several sources that it is. That signage is for the gift shop though not the ride. Frozen mercy sells like hot cakes they aren't going to get rid of something that makes money Disney isn't stupid.
Which is precisely why frozen is replacing maelstrom
Old 08-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Which is precisely why frozen is replacing maelstrom
Honestly though I think Frozen belongs in Fantasyland as a brand new dark ride of some sort.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #9
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
1. I believe it will happen, but It is not a done deal, so the signage is not related at all.

2. There is still a frozen exhibit in the Stave Church, right, of course there would be signage up for that, and I am pretty sure that was pre-frozen off the charts craziness, and before the maelstrom buzz even started.
Those signs were up last year when we were there.

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #10
Sur
Love the Dis

Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegib95 View Post
1. I believe it will happen, but It is not a done deal, so the signage is not related at all. 2. There is still a frozen exhibit in the Stave Church, right, of course there would be signage up for that, and I am pretty sure that was pre-frozen off the charts craziness, and before the maelstrom buzz even started. Those signs were up last year when we were there.
Correct and correct.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #12
Andrew015
WL Guru

Is there an estimated completion date for the hub project?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #13
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew015 View Post
Is there an estimated completion date for the hub project?
Permits expire late in 2015, so the project is likely to go well into next year.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #14
TravelMommy
Mouseketeer

Pet peeve of mine for years.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateprincess626 View Post
I honestly am hoping the new Hub layout will work the way they think it will as it's a total pain trying to leave the park before fireworks/night shows once people start lining up claiming their foot space.
I wish that every theme park was required to have at least 2 public entrances/exits like Epcot. We stopped going to MK at night for fear of getting trampled on the way out/not being able to get out once the "claiming of foot space" happens. It is sooooo much easier to get out after Illuminations with the two exits! Seriously, why can't they have a public exit/entrance in the back of all parks???
TravelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
gary403
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Entrance by BLT

And a walkway to the buses!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: