Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #2971
kvli2003
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10

Thank you!

Thank you!
kvli2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #2972
littledisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 15

split stay

Sorry if this has been asked before, we have a split stay with the latter stay booked with free dining. Does the mug come with the dining plan? Also, if it does, we have to wait until that free dining kicks in? Thanks
littledisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #2973
littledisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 15

never mind. Found the answer.
littledisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #2974
chicagogrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143

Should we save our mug for the next trip? Do they activate them again when you come back again?
chicagogrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #2975
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogrl View Post
Should we save our mug for the next trip? Do they activate them again when you come back again?
There is no discount for reactivating an old mug. No need to bring it with you.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #2976
chicagogrl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143

Ok thanks. I want to reuse it if I remember to bring it. Good to know they reactivate it.

Last edited by chicagogrl; 08-23-2014 at 11:16 AM.
chicagogrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #2977
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,910

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledisney View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, we have a split stay with the latter stay booked with free dining. Does the mug come with the dining plan? Also, if it does, we have to wait until that free dining kicks in? Thanks
now THAT is a conundrum...if it were the reverse? no problem. just have them activiate the mug for the lengthof stayl split satys are good with the mug.

I'm sure you could buy a mug for the first part and have it activated for the whole length of stay. but that would be silly, since the DOES come "free" with the "free" dining.

I know you can pick up tickets with the free dining package up to 3 days early,l but cannot use any of the dining entitlements. does that mean the mugs, too?

how many days do you have in front of the package? maybe a Cm (or manager) at the reosrt will ok it? doesn't hurt to ask. if it just a day or two, I wouldn't buy the mug. ormaybe just buy one for the whole family for that day or 2?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #2978
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
now THAT is a conundrum...if it were the reverse? no problem. just have them activiate the mug for the lengthof stayl split satys are good with the mug.

I'm sure you could buy a mug for the first part and have it activated for the whole length of stay. but that would be silly, since the DOES come "free" with the "free" dining.

I know you can pick up tickets with the free dining package up to 3 days early,l but cannot use any of the dining entitlements. does that mean the mugs, too?

how many days do you have in front of the package? maybe a Cm (or manager) at the reosrt will ok it? doesn't hurt to ask. if it just a day or two, I wouldn't buy the mug. ormaybe just buy one for the whole family for that day or 2?
It's linked with your hotel folio... I doubt it can be activated until you check in.
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #2979
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,298

One of the worse resorts for Refillable Mugs is Boardwalk... waiting in line at Leaping Horse Libations is annoying and in at least one case took 15 minutes last week.

I noticed they are doing some construction work on the back of Leaping Horse.... a perfect place to install a self-service drink station... do we dare hope?
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #2980
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
One of the worse resorts for Refillable Mugs is Boardwalk... waiting in line at Leaping Horse Libations is annoying and in at least one case took 15 minutes last week. I noticed they are doing some construction work on the back of Leaping Horse.... a perfect place to install a self-service drink station... do we dare hope?
I just walked over to the bakery. Much faster!
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #2981
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein
 
ParrotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Upstate NY near Rochester
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
I just walked over to the bakery. Much faster!
The Bakery is a long walk for some Villas areas. And it was 95 degrees last week, nobody wanted to take that walk if they could avoid it!
__________________

___________________________________________
Questions by PM are welcome!
Recent Visits: Kidani/BCV Aug2013; POFQ Dec2013 with daughter in Candlelight Processional, Apr2014
Next: BWV Aug2014
BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #2982
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,910

ITA about a self service mug station at BW. they have one at vero beach. and the kidani pool.
I'm sure the bartenders would agree. Im sure they don't like filling the mugs either. it takes away from their time to wait on those buying food and drinks, and I
'm sure most people don't tip. (I know there is no money changing hands with refills, but the bartender is still performing a service. I tipped them. not every refill, but every day)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #2983
Cira
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: House of the Mouse! :-)
Posts: 119

I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #2984
Cira
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: House of the Mouse! :-)
Posts: 119

The mugs I saw this weekend a much more streamlined/thinner than the original ones. But, I guess if they hold 14 oz or 12 oz. it's just a cosmetic thing.
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #2985
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cira View Post
I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...
Did you mean to ask if there was a CUP with a chip? There are chips on the standard paper cups (that you get when ordering soda) that activate the machines. You get a few refills over the course of an hour or so, and then it expires.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: