Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #2971
kvli2003
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Thank you!
kvli2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #2972
littledisney
Earning My Ears

split stay

Sorry if this has been asked before, we have a split stay with the latter stay booked with free dining. Does the mug come with the dining plan? Also, if it does, we have to wait until that free dining kicks in? Thanks
littledisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #2973
littledisney
Earning My Ears

never mind. Found the answer.
littledisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #2974
chicagogrl
Mouseketeer

Should we save our mug for the next trip? Do they activate them again when you come back again?
chicagogrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #2975
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogrl View Post
Should we save our mug for the next trip? Do they activate them again when you come back again?
There is no discount for reactivating an old mug. No need to bring it with you.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #2976
chicagogrl
Mouseketeer

Ok thanks. I want to reuse it if I remember to bring it. Good to know they reactivate it.

Last edited by chicagogrl; 08-23-2014 at 11:16 AM.
chicagogrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #2977
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledisney View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, we have a split stay with the latter stay booked with free dining. Does the mug come with the dining plan? Also, if it does, we have to wait until that free dining kicks in? Thanks
now THAT is a conundrum...if it were the reverse? no problem. just have them activiate the mug for the lengthof stayl split satys are good with the mug.

I'm sure you could buy a mug for the first part and have it activated for the whole length of stay. but that would be silly, since the DOES come "free" with the "free" dining.

I know you can pick up tickets with the free dining package up to 3 days early,l but cannot use any of the dining entitlements. does that mean the mugs, too?

how many days do you have in front of the package? maybe a Cm (or manager) at the reosrt will ok it? doesn't hurt to ask. if it just a day or two, I wouldn't buy the mug. ormaybe just buy one for the whole family for that day or 2?
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #2978
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me
Stalked by a little Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
now THAT is a conundrum...if it were the reverse? no problem. just have them activiate the mug for the lengthof stayl split satys are good with the mug.

I'm sure you could buy a mug for the first part and have it activated for the whole length of stay. but that would be silly, since the DOES come "free" with the "free" dining.

I know you can pick up tickets with the free dining package up to 3 days early,l but cannot use any of the dining entitlements. does that mean the mugs, too?

how many days do you have in front of the package? maybe a Cm (or manager) at the reosrt will ok it? doesn't hurt to ask. if it just a day or two, I wouldn't buy the mug. ormaybe just buy one for the whole family for that day or 2?
It's linked with your hotel folio... I doubt it can be activated until you check in.

BWV and OKW DVC since 1996, 40+ WDW, 2 DL, 1 DLP visits

ParrotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #2979
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me

One of the worse resorts for Refillable Mugs is Boardwalk... waiting in line at Leaping Horse Libations is annoying and in at least one case took 15 minutes last week.

I noticed they are doing some construction work on the back of Leaping Horse.... a perfect place to install a self-service drink station... do we dare hope?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #2980
BandontheRun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotBill View Post
One of the worse resorts for Refillable Mugs is Boardwalk... waiting in line at Leaping Horse Libations is annoying and in at least one case took 15 minutes last week. I noticed they are doing some construction work on the back of Leaping Horse.... a perfect place to install a self-service drink station... do we dare hope?
I just walked over to the bakery. Much faster!
BandontheRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:58 AM   #2981
ParrotBill
A parrot's life for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandontheRun View Post
I just walked over to the bakery. Much faster!
The Bakery is a long walk for some Villas areas. And it was 95 degrees last week, nobody wanted to take that walk if they could avoid it!

Old 08-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #2982
smidgy
dimples

ITA about a self service mug station at BW. they have one at vero beach. and the kidani pool.
I'm sure the bartenders would agree. Im sure they don't like filling the mugs either. it takes away from their time to wait on those buying food and drinks, and I
'm sure most people don't tip. (I know there is no money changing hands with refills, but the bartender is still performing a service. I tipped them. not every refill, but every day)
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #2983
Cira
Mouseketeer

I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #2984
Cira
Mouseketeer

The mugs I saw this weekend a much more streamlined/thinner than the original ones. But, I guess if they hold 14 oz or 12 oz. it's just a cosmetic thing.
Cira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #2985
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cira View Post
I was at WL this weekend, and I wondered something. There was a gal next to me trying to get a drink. The machine kept telling her "Please place cup in tray". She kept doing it and the soda would not come out of the machine. I thought that the soda only works if you use one of the refillable mug that have a chip in them or a bar code, so I told her she needed to BUY a mug, that the cup she was using was probably given to her just for water. Is there such a thing as a mug with a chip and/or bar code that works in conjunction with the machine - so that folks like her won't try to get SODA with a WATER cup? LOL Thanks in advance. Just thinking...
Did you mean to ask if there was a CUP with a chip? There are chips on the standard paper cups (that you get when ordering soda) that activate the machines. You get a few refills over the course of an hour or so, and then it expires.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: