Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #436
wendydarling826
I thought mine was the only crazy family
I will do anything to avoid housework, but when I have a podcast to listen to, I can whistle while I work

Well I spoke to Walmart. They were no help. Then I called the Yacht Club Convention Center and spoke with a very helpful person who said they will hold my package for 30 days and note the real name that should be on our package when it arrives with the ridiculous name that Walmart put on the label. Fingers crossed that my stuff is there when I arrived. FYI, she said they don't really need the res#, just the name, so if you order from Walmart, just put the name if there's no room for the res#.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #437
harmsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDiz View Post
I picked the right month to institute my Amazon Prime trial. Gained access to Prime Pantry, and am having water and juice boxes and snacks delivered to the hotel for a flat $5.99 fee, and will get there before we arrive.

Now just have to stop by UPS later this week to ship other consumables we already purchased.
Did using the "Prime Pantry" work out well? I'm excited to try it!
harmsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #438
sk!mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmsmomma View Post
Did using the "Prime Pantry" work out well? I'm excited to try it!
Not the person you asked but we're just back and Prime Pantry was awesome. We shipped water, Snacks, and some granola bars and pop tarts. I kept the order to under $30 including the shipping so that it wouldn't be a huge deal if it didn't arrive.

It wasn't waiting when we got there. I think because Amazon says allow 4 days but it came in 2. Luggage services was super helpful, took the tracking number, and it was in the room when we came back from the Park that evening. I asked about it around 4 and they told me it would be delivered within 2 hours.

Honestly, I wish I had done it on last years trip to Hawaii and will do it on all future vacations.

DH and my sister's DH also both packed a box of wine in their suitcases. Those made it just fine too.
sk!mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #439
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk!mom View Post
Not the person you asked but we're just back and Prime Pantry was awesome. We shipped water, Snacks, and some granola bars and pop tarts. I kept the order to under $30 including the shipping so that it wouldn't be a huge deal if it didn't arrive.

It wasn't waiting when we got there. I think because Amazon says allow 4 days but it came in 2. Luggage services was super helpful, took the tracking number, and it was in the room when we came back from the Park that evening. I asked about it around 4 and they told me it would be delivered within 2 hours.

Honestly, I wish I had done it on last years trip to Hawaii and will do it on all future vacations.

This makes me happy!! I've been going back and forth on whether or not to just use Garden Grocer or try Amazon since I have Prime. Amazon is way way cheaper so I'm going to go with it!!
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #440
harmsmomma
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk!mom View Post

DH and my sister's DH also both packed a box of wine in their suitcases. Those made it just fine too.
Thank you!

I hadn't thought of that way to get wine I might try that too!
harmsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #441
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I am going to try Amazon Prime if I can....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 AM   #442
dledger
Earning My Ears

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much the fee is for having a package delivered to a convention resort. I am staying at beach club and wondering how much more it would cost me if I had a case of water delivered.

~Danielle~
April '93- CBR.April '05- POR.May '06- POR.May '11- POR.Sept '12- CBR.June '13- DLR.Sept '14- BC
dledger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:13 AM   #443
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

can you ship to Aulani?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #444
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dledger View Post
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how much the fee is for having a package delivered to a convention resort. I am staying at beach club and wondering how much more it would cost me if I had a case of water delivered.
I'm wondering this too for Coronado Springs. Does it go by weight or per package?

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #445
ninafeliz
Mouseketeer

I have questions about shipping to the Grand Floridian (we've staying main building club level if it makes any difference). The answers might be somewhere in the 30 pages, but I just don't have time to read them all as we leave in less than 2 weeks! I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to answer instead of telling me to read through the pages I did also email the GF IPO to ask, but when they replied to my email they didn't answer the question, so I will try again with them as well.

I've shipped things ahead many times over the years, mostly snacks and odds and ends that we would be able to live without if it got lost or delayed, and now baby food and diapers. I've always shipped it all USPS priority mail, and never had any problem. So I was very surprised to read the first few pages of this thread and see that it says to not ship using the post office. It always worked like a charm for me Also, thinking back, I don't think it was ever to a convention hotel, so I never had to worry about being charged. I know we did it at WL, POR, AKL, and Poly for sure. But the USPS things doesn't seem to be only to convention hotels, is it?

So now would like to send things to the GF, both from home and from Amazon (diapers). This would probably be 3 packages, 2 from us and 1 from amazon. However, if we're going to be charged something to be able to get the boxes, I don't want to do it. This makes for some really expensive snacks/diapers/odds and ends (just to save suitcase space, and for a gluten allergy with specific snacks). I thought I heard somewhere that there was a way to ship to the hotel, and not the convention center, and to avoid a charge. Does that make any sense, or am I making things up? If the fee is unavoidable, does anyone know how much it is at the GF? In the few pages I was able to scan through I didn't really see any amounts.

Any advice is appreciated, particularly as I should be mailing things by the end of the week or early next week (I've always done it about 6-7 days ahead, and the priority boxes were always waiting at check in or delivered later that day).
ninafeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #446
abarnes64
Mouseketeer

Following
abarnes64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #447
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

We want to buy a product from Amazon and will have it shipped to our Disney hotel. At the beginning of this thread, it says NOT to use the US Postal Service delivery. How do I know what Amazon uses?
CJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #448
dani77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
We want to buy a product from Amazon and will have it shipped to our Disney hotel. At the beginning of this thread, it says NOT to use the US Postal Service delivery. How do I know what Amazon uses?
I'd like to know this as well. If I use the free shipping through amazon...will they use USPS?

Me, myself and I...all the way from Germany going to the World
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:30 PM   #449
kittyx3
Earning My Ears

I have looked, but can't seem to find an answer. Does the Bay Lake Tower have an address, or do we ship to the Contemporary?
Old 09-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #450
kelly3927
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani77 View Post
I'd like to know this as well. If I use the free shipping through amazon...will they use USPS?
I can't say for sure that they never use USPS but I order a ton from Amazon and everything always comes UPS.
kelly3927 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: