Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #196
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

pirate night! pirate night! pirate night! oh wait, that's not yet....

you are cracking me up with your WW3 analogies! my DH and I get like that on vacations sometimes too. isn't it funny how the people you love best can get on your last nerve sometimes?!? aahhhh, vacations.....

anyway, the pastries look good, the market looks pretty fun (sorry charlie's nemo got eaten....that would happen at our house too), but it does look pretty hot in the pictures. although, you all look pretty happy--you'd never know you were at war!

love the pics of the fantasy as you were coming back! so pretty! and HUGE!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #197
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Argh! Bring on the pirates! (I know, I have so much to say today. Enjoy it, this is rare)
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2014, 08:20 AM   #198
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
pirate night! pirate night! pirate night! oh wait, that's not yet....

you are cracking me up with your WW3 analogies! my DH and I get like that on vacations sometimes too. isn't it funny how the people you love best can get on your last nerve sometimes?!? aahhhh, vacations.....

anyway, the pastries look good, the market looks pretty fun (sorry charlie's nemo got eaten....that would happen at our house too), but it does look pretty hot in the pictures. although, you all look pretty happy--you'd never know you were at war!

love the pics of the fantasy as you were coming back! so pretty! and HUGE!
I do love me some pirate night- what fun it is!

We usually always manage a gigantic fight sometime in any vacation. My favorite was when we drove down to Florida in 2008 and literally almost filed for divorce because he wouldn't stop to let me pee ever. He was driving like he was beating some internal race record...and I threw that number. We swore we would never, ever attempt another 20 hour road trip together for the sake of everyone's sanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Argh! Bring on the pirates! (I know, I have so much to say today. Enjoy it, this is rare)
Where is my Tweedle and what have you done to her?
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #199
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Man you are really SELLING the excursion portions of your cruise. Where do I sign UP!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #200
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Man you are really SELLING the excursion portions of your cruise. Where do I sign UP!
Shush you!

It was only this port. And I did really enjoy the Maho Beach airplane area!

Have fun (or hope you had fun) in SC!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #201
Rash
Gosh, it sure is swell in here.

Thanks for your trip report thus far - enjoying it. I am deciding if a DC is right for our family (Me 48, DW 46, DD 15, DS 10), and your details and pics will be very helpful.

Might I suggest a direct link to each post in your first post so that one doesn't have to scroll through every page to find them?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #202
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash View Post
Thanks for your trip report thus far - enjoying it. I am deciding if a DC is right for our family (Me 48, DW 46, DD 15, DS 10), and your details and pics will be very helpful.

Might I suggest a direct link to each post in your first post so that one doesn't have to scroll through every page to find them?
Hi & welcome! Thanks for reading! Glad my TR can help in your decision!

And I do have a direct link to each post in the first post.. It's just kinda in the middle.... so maybe not all that noticeable! But it's there........
Old 08-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #203
funfam
Mouseketeer

I just found and read all of your report. Love it! You sound like someone I would get along with quite well I have run the PHM every year and will be doing the GSC again this year. I hope I get a chance to say hi in person. We will be on the Fantasy next month and Iam gathering tidbits to file away, like avoid the first night show

One thing I noticed in your squinting into the sun pic, you don't have sunglasses on, you are wearing your regular glasses. If you don't have them already, I highly, highly recommend getting prescription sunglasses! Seriously, it was one of the best things I have ever done. They are great for running too!

Anyway, can't wait to hear more
funfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #204
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfam View Post
I just found and read all of your report. Love it! You sound like someone I would get along with quite well I have run the PHM every year and will be doing the GSC again this year. I hope I get a chance to say hi in person. We will be on the Fantasy next month and Iam gathering tidbits to file away, like avoid the first night show

One thing I noticed in your squinting into the sun pic, you don't have sunglasses on, you are wearing your regular glasses. If you don't have them already, I highly, highly recommend getting prescription sunglasses! Seriously, it was one of the best things I have ever done. They are great for running too!

Anyway, can't wait to hear more
Hi! Thanks for joining and reading along!!! Yhea, exciting to be on the Fantasy in a month! Are you doing the FE?

Exciting to meet another runner (although I use that word loosely with myself!!) I did Wine and Dine last November and will be doing GSC too! I am excited but mostly just for the fun and friends to meet along the way!

I know I desperately need to get prescription sunglasses. I always say I need to & then I never get them! I always desperately hope I can get back into Contacts although I just end up giving myself headaches when I do wear them. I have to go to the eye doctor next month.. so I WILL do it. I will... I will!!!! (why do glasses have to be so expensive?!?!)
Old 08-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #205
Rash
Gosh, it sure is swell in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Hi & welcome! Thanks for reading! Glad my TR can help in your decision!

And I do have a direct link to each post in the first post.. It's just kinda in the middle.... so maybe not all that noticeable! But it's there........
Oh yea, there it is ...duh! Sorry about that!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #206
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Yo Ho, Yo Ho- Pirates Night Part Uno

I have been such a neglectful little trip reporter. I apologize. Back to school, activities & all the such has kept me quite busy these past few weeks.

But here I am.. back. At least temporarily. Did I spell temporarily right? I dunno. Doesn't look right. Anyways.

When I last posted, I had convinced all of Disland to never go to St. Maarten. I would like to say... many, many people enjoy this island and therefore do not change any vacation plans based on my reviews. Everyone should be able to render their own opinion on Taxi For Jesus.

So I will move on to one of my favorite parts of a Disney Cruise- and that is drinking. Eh. I mean.... Pirate Night.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho.. Rum & Coke for me. Dang it.. I mean... Pirates Life for Me!

I love Pirate Night. Don't ask me why, I just do. We don't even necessarily go all out for it..... I just really like it. It's fun. And I like pirates. Especially if they are Johnny Depp. Who was not, unfortunately at my Pirate Night. Much to my sadness. Because he could totally kidnap me if he wanted to... just sayin'.

I don't have a whole lot to say about Pirate Night... I just have lots and lots of pictures!

Which you are probably laughing at because prior to this first picture posting.. I had lots and lots to say.

Anywho..... I am doing this kinda out of order just to push through the right amount pictures in my allotted space.

Basically what we did was get dressed & head down for pictures. Then we ate dinner. And did more pictures. Then we went to the Pirate show.. and did more pictures... and then we watched fireworks from our balcony.

Waiting in long lines for our first pictures rendered some adorably cute little pirates....

And while waiting for more pictures...the little pirates played....

And posed....

Then we headed down to dinner. Our rotation tonight was Animator's Palate.

This was an awesome place to have Pirate Night Dinner... they piped in the Pirate music an on all the screens they played Pirate clips.

All the kids got cute little Pirate Hat/Activity sheets

I mean why wouldn't Johnny Depp want to kidnap this?

No replies necessary to that! Ha! (this is why there are precious few pictures of me people...)

Cheesy thumbs up to Pirate Night!!!

I can't help it. I Love pirate pictures just like I love porthole pictures!

Can you stand the cuteness?? I can't. Cutest. Pirate. EVER!!!

For dinner... I got potstickers for appetizer. Yummy.

Pay no attention to the drink in the background!

The hubs got steak. Big shocker. I know.

My dinner was this: And I am too lazy to go look at my notes to see what it is..... it was good.

There's that boozy Grandma again.

And here's the pictures from the roaming photographer......

Overexposed Pirate Hubby. Trying to look like Johnny Depp but not quite getting there (shh..don't him I said so!)

What? How did that drink get in my pirate picture? What a lushy wench.

Look at the GrandWench. Pretending she's all sweet and non-lushy.. little does she know I had the above picture of her downing them down- true pirate style!

Oldest Pirate Daughter.

Middle Pirate Daughter.

Smallest Pirate Daughter. I think she's even saying Arghhhh!!!!!

The Pirate Family that Cruises together looking for sharks, Johnny Depp & rum... stays together.

And just because it's cute.

There's my 25 limit cut-off. Coming up. More pictures. Wow. Surprising!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #207
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Yo Ho, Yo Ho- Pirates Night Part Dos

Now to push through another 25 Pirate Pictures. Because (say it with me) PIRATES ROCK. Just like rum. And Johnny Depp.

So how about some of those professional pics we waiting in all those lines for?

Our first 'line' was for GrandPirateWench's favorite rodents... Pirate Chip & Dale.

Love these guys. Always fun. Whether on land or at Sea!!

Although Char is really not so sure about the gigantic chipmunks dressed up in pirate gear!

Our next line wait was for 'lifestyle' pics on a white background. These are some of my favorite shots from the entire cruise. My kids are just so stinkin' cute in them...

Oldest:

Middle:

Littlest:

Pirate Adorableness x 3 cuties-

Then Sarah wanted to do the backdrop next door... Becca was done & so left.. so these two pirates got these pictures:

Then they made me get into the picture:

Looking at this backdrop now, I can't help but think of some lost opportunities. I totally should have had the Hub do a Titanic re-creation!!!! I'm King of the World!!!

Anywho.. we are not done yet.. Oh no... I made the family stand in a crazy long line to meet Pirate Minnie.

This is where we broke for dinner. Then mid-dinner- Pirate Stitch was meeting. Now, I know many hate Stitch. But I love the little guy (not the little guys ride in Magic Kingdom but that is another post). My middle child was a loveable mischievous tot & I used to call her Stitch. So I dragged all my kids out of their dinner to go meet him...

Me & my guy.

After dinner, Maleficent in 3D was showing. It had just been released in theaters & we got to see it on the ship. It was pretty cool! Hubby ended up taking the girls several more times to watch it......

After Maleficent it was time for the Pirate Deck Party. We found a space on the upper deck and settled in to watch:

There was lots of fun singing and dancing and the kids loved it.

Fireworks started after that....

Now we had been told "STAY OFF BALCONY" of our stateroom during fireworks. Dangerous. Second biggest risk of death on a cruise ship after falling overboard and being eaten by shark. Don't do it. Stay away. So we did what any tried and true pirates would do.

We double checked the side the fireworks would be shot off of with a crew deck (meaning, where they to be shot off on our side of the ship). Then we assessed the growing elbow to elbow crowd of pirates lining up for a view of the spectacular firework show on sea. Then we remembered we hate crowds and this is why we pull our children from things like.. learning school work..to take Disney vacations during non-busy times. Then we mutinied.....

And headed down to our balcony to watch the fireworks. We peered out and saw several other rebel pirates had done the same. Including the one who also mutinied against the 'no-smoking' on the balcony rule...... In the true sense of rebel solidarity... I refrained from making loud, sarcastic "smoke is killing me' comments. I also refrained from over-exaggerated coughing fits. Both of which I have been known to do in the past near illegal smokers trying to give me lung cancer!

And we had an awesome viewing (no elbow to elbow) of the only firework show on sea!!!

And then, us rebel pirates, went to bed. We had a busy day at our next port. St. Thomas. Would it be better than St. Maarten?

Last edited by Tinker326; 09-02-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #208
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I did enjoy pirate night - but maybe because DD went to bed and skipped it. (Ooohh..talk about bad parents!) Looks like you guys had fun.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #209
ARmom30
Mouseketeer

I applaud your rebel pirate firework watching from the privacy of your own balcony! That seems like having an MK view at the Contemporary and being able to go outside for wishes!

And I think everyone gets tired of their companions on a trip at some point! I'm glad no mothers were sold or children lost on the tour!
Eli
Tebow
ARmom30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #210
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I am LOVING all the pirate pictures!! The girls are all so adorably piratey! The party pictures look fun and dinner at animator as palate seems like it would be a great place for dinner that night!

Fireworks on the balcony? Well, it wouldn't be a pirate night without some rebellion, right? Sounds like an awesome night to me!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: