Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
sejejoemmiev
Mouseketeer

Last Sea day #3

We woke up late at 900am. We dressed quickly, as we promised DD8, we would bring her to watch Bears in the theater. The other kids chose to stay and sleep some more. When they woke up they went to Cabanas together. The movie was very cute. After the movie, we went to the Vista cafe for coffee, and treats for DD8 for breakfast, as Cabanas was closed. After the delicious Vista treats (our favorite desserts this cruise) we dropped off DD8 at the kids club. DH and I had a date for Palo brunch. Brunch was amazing as always. We ordered a pizza to share, 1/2 Sausage, 1/2 Margherita. I ordered the Chicken Parmesan and DH ordered the Filet. We left very stuffed. My favorite, was the warm cinnamon rolls.

After Cabanas, DD14 went to the goofy pool and the boys played basketball, mini golf and ping pong, then ate lunch at the pool. After brunch, we headed back to the room to change into our bathing suits. We then went up to the spa for the Rainforest room. We bought a day pass prior to our cruise for both DH and I. I loved the Rainforest room. First, we sat in the Hot tub looking out to the ocean, then we relaxed on the heated, tile loungers. We tried all the different showers and saunas. Although, I loved relaxing here, I doubt I would of been able to use more than a day pass. After leaving the spa, we went to the kids club to pick up DD8. We asked her what she wanted to do and she stated, The midship detective agency: muppets case.!! This took us longer than we thought, and we didn't get ready for semi formal night on time, so we skipped the show. We got ready for dinner then headed to the lobby for the white background photos. DH and I were feeling all bloated and fat at this point. We rushed getting ready so our outfit colors did not match very well. We were headed for the family show and DH and I decided to go get a Champagne drink at Ohh la la. I loved this bar. It was so pretty. The kids saved us seats for the mind reader guy in the tube. He was very good.

Then we had dinner. After dinner, we had to cross something off the check list. We went back to the room to change into bathing suits to ride the aqua duck at night, but it closed at 10! So, we relaxed in the Hot tub and watched DD8 swim in the Mickey pool. We then headed back to the room for some laundry, and a little packing. We were sad it was nearing the end of our trip.

Last edited by sejejoemmiev; 05-29-2014 at 01:14 PM.
sejejoemmiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 PM   #17
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great review!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #18
sejejoemmiev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Great review!
Thanks for following along!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
sejejoemmiev
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay

We woke up early, before 7 am, but we were still at sea. We pulled into Castaway Cay, around 9 am and had breakfast at a packed Cabanas. After breakfast, we took some pictures out on deck. Disembarkation, started at 945, with around, 4000 people waiting to get off. It was chaos like I had never seen before.

We sat near the climbing structure on the family beach, under a palm tree, with some shade, behind the conched out bar.

We rented snorkel equipment for 6, which was Big $$$, and we snorkeled on the family beach. We saw tons of fish , the tug boat, submarine, Mickey and Minnie statues, but ran out of pics on the one underwater camera we brought in the water with us, before the Minnie statue and the tugboat.
We got some icecream and a drink then we did the water slide. I did the open one for the sun...which was really slow though. The rest of the family did the closed slide and they said that was fast and fun!
We got lunch next. The food was really good. We all really loved the Spicy chicken sandwiches. The German potato salad was a standout too. After lunch, we dropped DD8 at Scuttles cove, so we could go to Serenity bay. DD8 said she had a lot of fun. She loved the water spray area. DH and I snorkeled at Serenity bay, and saw starfish, a sand dollar, and what looked like a huge sea slug? or Huge sea snails? We saw Sting rays and fish/barracuda. We only had 3 pics left on the water camera from our snorkeling excursion on St. Thomas, and I was bummed, because I saw a lot of cool things! It was a calm water sand bar and beautiful!!! We didn't want DD8 to be left too long, so we took the tram back after about an hour of swimming. I could of stayed all day there. It was Paradise. DH grabbed DD8, and they got a ice-cream cone, and the other kids, who did the water slides while we were gone, were still over there, so I sat in the water with a chair and a mud slide and watched DD8 play in the water.

DH slept under his palm tree. DD14, DS11, and DD8 closed out the day on the play structure, then we left via tram and took a bunch of pics when we got off.

We also stopped and bought a Castaway Cay towel at the store on our way out. This has been our cruise tradition so far.

We went straight to the lobby for the see ya real soon show with the characters. DD8 took some pics with the characters, then we went to shutters to upgrade our photo package to include all pics.

After Shutters, we headed to the kids club to return DD8's wristband. Then to the room, for showers, and the kids ordered room service. We got dressed for our final dinner and packed up as much as possible. We decided to skip the show and play mini golf instead.

After mini golf, DD14 and DS11 ran into their favorite cast member who had magical moment gift certificates and pins for them for reaching 50 rides on the Aqua Duck by the end of their cruise. It meant so much to them and he really made the cruise extra special and fun for them!

We then went to the talent show in d-lounge. It was pretty good. Another must do on the kids list was we had to head to the shops to buy 2 of our favorite DCL blankets.

The kids LOVED the nautical blankets in the room. They were so soft and comfy. The kids fought over them. All 4 kids said it was the only souvenir they wanted, but to buy 4, was way too steep, so we only bought 2. The kids were so bummed when we got home and they realized the blankets were much smaller, (throw blanket sized) and not nearly as soft.

In front of the shops, they had a fairy god mother sprinkling pixie dust from their wand. DD8 loved the sparkles!

Then we headed to our final dinner. The Animation show was really cool!! We all really enjoyed this and had a ton of laughs!

Dinner was not so good. The Baked Alaska dessert was the only thing I enjoyed. We said goodbye to our servers. We went back to the room to change into our bathing suits...to finally ride the aqua duck in the dark!! DD14 and DS11 stayed in the room and fell asleep. DS15, DD8 and DH and I rode the Aqua Duck and relaxed in the hot tub. The hot tub stings your sun burn!! Ouch! Then DD 8 had her last swim in the Mickey pool. Then sadly, it was time to head back to the room for our final night of sleep on the Fantasy!

Last edited by sejejoemmiev; 07-23-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #20
islangrl
Mouseketeer

Great report, thanks for writing it! We also have 2 teenagers, and then a 9 and 10 year old, so I am always on the lookout for a TR with similar family dynamics to get a sense of whether a Disney cruise could make everyone happy.

Do you think DS1 would have had more fun on a different line? I am in the initial stages of planning for next summer, having only cruised once when I was a teen and can't make up my mind. Would DD1 have enjoyed the older teen club if she were a year or two older?

Sorry about your snorkeling excursion! I was getting anxious just reading it
What a great view from Palo you had for brunch!

Thanks!
islangrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #21
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! We are hoping to do a similar itinerary next year!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #22
maggonz9
Earning My Ears

Great report! Thanks for taking the time to write it!
Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #23
MarkyMouse
Mouseketeer

Enjoyed your review. Thanks so much for posting.

Honeymoon Port Orleans 1991, Port Orleans 1993, All Star Sports 1996, Coronado Springs 1998, Saratoga Springs 2007, Spring Break 2014 DVC Member Since 1994 Old Key West - 1994 (2 trips), 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 (3 trips), 1999 (6 trips), 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, Fall Break 2008, 2009, 2010, Summer 2012 (plus 2 days at BLT), Christmas 2012 (drove 14 hrs for one day at the Magic Kingdom), Spring 2013, June 2014; Disney's Hilton Head Island - Christmas 1998, Fall 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, Spring 2008, Thanksgiving 2008 (best Thanksgiving ever), June 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Fall 2013, Thanksgiving 2014!
and
Our first Disney Cruise Fall Break 2014
Can't wait for our next Disney Cruise Fall Break 2015 HOW COOL IS THAT?
MarkyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #24
aokeefe
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your report! I'm taking the same cruise next April and your report was very informative.
aokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 PM   #25
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Nice report! Do you recall how much the Castaway Cay towels were? Thanks!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #26
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Have had so much fun reading all about your cruise! Loved how all of your family (esp the teens) had a good time as a family together and doing their own things. I hope your teens want to continue to cruise with Disney as I can't think of what other cruise lines might have to offer for teenagers than what Disney has.

Loved how your kids enjoyed the Aqua Duct - esp at night! Would be fun to try - would love to take the family on a Disney cruise some day. Thanks so much for sharing your adventure!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: