Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #256
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 4

Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 4

Solo Time & your Life Could be a Dream

I left BW Pavilions and head straight on back to the DLR while DB, V and Jen went to Irvine to see V brother. So I was by myself at the parks until I met up with them later that night since we have FP’s for World of Color at 9:45pm.

The walk from BW Pavilions to the Esplanade at the DLR is quite a long walk even though it is only less than 20 minutes but it did felt longer than normal where I walked from Best Western Stovall’s.

I went to DL to see a new show that was added in early July where I didn’t get to see it during the June trip. Since DB, V and Jen were in Irvine, it was my time to do my solo time at the parks.

I head straight on over to Tomorrowland to see the exclusive sneak peek of Guardians of the Galaxy. DL has been promoting this movie a lot from the ads and at DL. I believe at the Starcade store, they had a lot of Guardians of the Galaxy merchandise. It replaced Captain EO during the summertime and I heard that Captain EO will be back up later on sometime after the summer season.

I got to see the show and it was very interesting. You did get to wear the 3D glasses like Captain EO. After seeing the preview, I had to see it in the theaters which is always a bad thing since seeing those clips will get you to see it. I was able to watch the movie when I was in San Antonio last week.

After seeing the show, I went in the Startrader store to look at the Star Wars merchandise which they have some new stuff.

I didn’t stay too long in DL that night where I had to go on over to DCA to get our spots for the 9:45pm World of Color show. So I head on out of DL.

The work is continuing on the sides of Main Street where the former First Aid station used to be.

I exited DL and head on over to DCA. This is why I love DL over WDW so much when jumping park to park where it is only a minute away while you have to take transportations on over to the other parks.

I still had a lot of time until I get on over to Paradise Pier to get a spot for the 9:45pm World of Color show so I just roamed around the park until it was time.

The Fountain at Buena Vista Street

While passing by Condor Flats, the sign is once again changed with the characters from the new movie “Planes: Fire & Rescue”.

Since it was getting dark, I remember to head on over to Cars Land and wait until the lights came on that night. It was perfect timing to wait until the town of Radiator Springs turned on the lights and play “Life Could be Dream” just like in the movie “Cars”.

I only had to wait a while until it was time when the music played and the lights turn on.

The music started and the lights came on one after another on each building.

You can never get tired of that music like in the movie.

After being in the town of Radiator Springs, I start to head on out and on over to Paradise Pier to meet up with DB and V. I been told me V that Jen won’t be able to join us that night. But it was nice to have company during our first part of the day.

I was now in Paradise Pier and some of the guests were already in the queue for World of Color. But I didn’t have to be in the line since I was planning on being at my favorite spot. So I just walked around PP until DB and V are in the park.

That will be it for this post and stay tune what happened later that night at DCA.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 08-19-2014 at 08:08 PM.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #257
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Lovely pictures.

Seems like you're having a great time just taking pictures rather than getting on rides.
BTW - I am hoping you'll get on the swinging carousel car of MFWoD with me.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM   #258
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Hi Bret,
Looks like another fun day. I loved your ride shot on RSR. I've never been on any rides in Bug'sLand so I enjoyed your Chew photographs.

It really is fun seeing the lights go on in Carsland. Your photos are top notch showing all the wonderful neon lights.

Did you like the Best Western hotel this stay?
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:03 PM   #259
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Lovely pictures.

Seems like you're having a great time just taking pictures rather than getting on rides.
BTW - I am hoping you'll get on the swinging carousel car of MFWoD with me.
Thank you PiO.

It feel like that with me more and more when I am at the DLR. During the earlier days, I have enjoyed going on the rides over the shows and pictures. Now I am mostly interested in those two things over the rides. Don't get me wrong on the rides, I do enjoy going on the rides like the Monorail, RSR, etc. but it is nice to try all new sorts of pictures. It is enjoyable to capture the moments at the parks and take all sorts of pictures from the rides, shows, flowers, etc.

You know me that I hate riding the swinging-gondola on MFWoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
Looks like another fun day. I loved your ride shot on RSR. I've never been on any rides in Bug'sLand so I enjoyed your Chew photographs.

It really is fun seeing the lights go on in Carsland. Your photos are top notch showing all the wonderful neon lights.

Did you like the Best Western hotel this stay?
TK
Hi TK,

We had a fun day at the parks and it was nice to have company along with us. It would have been nice if Jen stayed longer but she was busy and we understood that. The RSR pictures are getting better and better with every trip. I don't go on the rides at ABL but it was nice to go on it with them and riding Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train is great.

Seeing the neon lights turn on at the town of Radiator Springs is the best part of being in Cars Land where you can experience the same feeling like in the movie "Cars". Thank you TK.

For my own personal experience, I didn't enjoy this hotel as I have thought. The walk to the DLR was way longer than I have thought where BW Stovall's (which I mostly stay during the D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center) was another 3-5 minutes longer walk. I was also very tired that day from the drive and didn't get any rest that day. So it did play a part of it. Also the hotel was doing some construction by installing an elevator since it is only a two story building and we were on the top. It did get a little noisy in the afternoon. There are people that like this hotel but we chose it was due to the price per night were it was about $50 cheaper than at BW Anaheim Inn where it was $159 a night and BW Stovall's was at $149. Next time, I would spend extra instead of walking more to the resort.

The next update will be up shortly.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:06 PM   #260
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 5

Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there

I was still roaming around DCA until I met up with DB and V so we can get good spots to watch the 9:45pm World of Color show. I was not smart of planning my time that night after being in Cars Land where I haven’t ate dinner yet and I didn’t know if DB and V have ate when they went to Irvine. This was not a great day of planning like I usually do at the parks.

I was considering eating at Paradise Garden Grill but I didn’t have time to eat around that area and the other one was eating at Corn Dog Castle but the wait time was just too long. So it was not a great day of trying to get food when I was by myself.

While I was waiting for DB and V, I went over to the Golden Zephyr to take long exposure shots of the ride.

After waiting for a while for DB and V around PP, they finally arrived at 8:40pm. I asked if they want to get in the queue but we didn’t have to worry about it since we are planning on being at my favorite spot so we decided to wait a while until it was time to head on in the viewing area.

We decided to go on the Little Mermaid ride since the wait time was a walk-on that night.

I have been going on this ride a lot these last few trips with DB, V, DAF & DAW. This is almost like one of my usual rides at DCA lately.

After we got off the Little Mermaid ride, we head straight on over to Paradise Pier viewing area for World of Color. It was around 9pm when we got into the viewing area and no surprised that our spot was not taken that night. This is why I love this spot so much with little wait time and a decent spot to watch World of Color without getting wet.

While we were waiting for WoC that night, I went on over to get dinner and I head on over to Lucky Fortune Cookery. I like to eat at this quick counter restaurant since it is fast and Asian food.

Lucky DB and V didn’t eat that night and I asked if they wanted anything and they told me a rice bowl is nice. So I ordered a couple of Asian Rice Bowl for dinner that night.

No picture of the rice bowls since it was in the Chinese box and was dark that night when I brought it back to the viewing area that night.

While I was eating, the Fun Wheel Challenge game was about to begin while I got back. The Fun Wheel Challenge game is a nice fun game where you use your smartphone and it is like a memorizing game where you match the colors like the classic game Simon. I have never once been able to control the lights on MFW and my DB took upon the challenge to do it. Unfortunately, he was not as fast enough to control the lights. He is way faster on the smartphone than me and just shows you that there are people that are so quick with matching the colors.

That’s it for this post and stay tune for World of Color that night.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #261
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 6

The World is a Carousel of Color

It is almost time for the 9:45pm World of Color show at Disney California Adventure. Even though I do enjoy watching WoC at DCA every time I get the opportunity to come to the DLR, it almost feels like it is almost time to do an update to the show (not a new completely show like World of Color: Winter Dreams but add some new segments to the original show). The last updated of WoC was the Brave segment a couple of years ago and it hasn’t been updated since then. But first, the DLR should try to improve Winter Dreams which was a let down from last year during the holiday season. But I did enjoy it but it wasn’t as huge like the original WoC show.

It didn’t took too long until the 9:45pm WoC show started. I don’t like the new time of WoC which starts at 9:45pm from 9pm & 10:30pm in the past. I can understand why the DLR is cutting down WoC from two shows to one show a night where this is not the off season but it is during the summertime. The show does costs a lot to run and high maintenance with the fountains.

“Every child is blessed with a vivid Imagination” Walt Disney

Little Mermaid scene

Finding Nemo Scene

Wall-E scene

UP scene

Aladdin scene

Rest in Peace Robin Williams

Applause

Brave scene

Pocahontas scene

Pyro scene

Dumbo

After the show was over, I broke down my tripod and video camera that was on the tripod and we started to head on out of the park. Mostly on average, I head on back to the room to call it for the night but DB and V wanted to go on some more rides that night. DCA was closed that night since it was past 10pm so we head on over to DL that night.

We walked on out with all the other crowds to head on over to DL while this is the great thing about DL and DCA where it is and easy walk on over instead of taking a bus or transportation to the next park like WDW.

This is it for this post and stay tune for DL that night.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #262
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 7

Day 1 –July 26th, 2014 – Part 7

Pirates taking Pictures in NOS

After we watched the 9:45pm World of Color show at Disney California Adventure, we head on over to Disneyland that night to do any last second rides. This is why I do enjoy going to the DLR over WDW where it is a short walk than by taking transportations over to the next park or destination. We didn’t have time to see the second show of F! since it started at 10:30pm and we got in around 10:25pm. But we did plan on seeing F! the next day during the trip which you will read and see later on during the trip report.

When we got to MS, I knew that going up on MS was going to be busy with all the guests leaving that night at the park. So the Disneyland Railroad was still going on that night and it is always fun to ride the DLRR every time at the parks.

There were a lot of people walking down on MS that night.

While we were waiting for the next train to approach the station, I saw a cat roaming along the tracks and I had to get a picture of the cat. I have seen cats roam around the DLR during the daytime but not at night which is a first for me.

The Ward Kimball Engine #5 with Holiday 2 car set approached the station and we boarded the train and on our way to New Orleans Square Station.

When we got to NOS station, we decided to get off and go on Pirates of the Caribbean. Since the second show of F! was going on when we approached the NOS station, it was not going to be a long wait to ride PotC.

We only had to wait less than 5 minutes to get on the ride. While I was taking pictures with the Tokina lens, I also tried something new on my D7100 SLR. When I take pictures of the dark rides, I mostly use ISO 6400 but my camera can go all the way up to 25,600 ISO. But when I tested it out before the trip, it was so blurry on the bottom that it wasn’t a good idea. So I tried to set it up at 12,800 and it first looked good. But when I took it on PotC, I can tell that the bottom had a bluish color on the bottom which isn’t a good thing. Some of the pictures from PotC were cropped where it didn’t look that well. It was a letdown to set the ISO at 12,800 but it was a good test to try it out on PotC where it is very dark.

I was also hopeful that with a higher ISO, I would be able to get more color instead of the red color during the town scene. Just like all my other pictures, I got more of the color red in the picture like when riding the ride.

It would be perfect to eat at BB at this time of the night past 10:30pm.

After we got off PotC, V wanted to check out the stores in NOS while they were still open. Most of them were already closed that night. It was past 11pm that night when we were still in the park.

While they were checking out some stores in NOS while they were open, I went along and took some long exposure pictures while I had the tripod on the back of my backpack.

Of course, I had to get some pictures of NOS. It was so weird to see NOS like this with the changes to Club 33. I was also one of those other people that dislikes the new exterior of the buildings at NOS.

While I was taking some pictures in NOS alley, I also saw some other people that had a tripod and were taking pictures that night just like me. I asked them about the pictures and they do this all the time when they are at the parks. They are actually MiceChat employees that were there that night for Dateline Disneyland. That was neat that they were there at night taking pictures of NOS and a couple of days later, they posted them on the website.

DB and V were patient with me when I was taking pictures that night. Than it was time to call it for the night since it was around 11:30pm. We had a long day at the parks and it was time to call it for the night.

I had my camera on the tripod to get any pictures that was interesting to take. I could have spent even more time in the parks but I was wiped out from that day and didn’t get a long nap like I usually do. But after all, we did drive in the middle of the night and went in the park in the morning, afternoon and night.

PotC

Walking down MS and I should have set the exposure longer where you can see people in the pictures along with the shadows of the people.

We exited DL around 11:40pm and had a 20 minute walk all the way back to Best Western Pavilions.

It was past midnight when we got back to the room and my legs were very sore after all that walking from the DLR to BW Pavilions. There was no question that we had a great day from the driving to Anaheim, going to the parks with V friend Jen and to be able do all the different activities that day. The only downside was all the walking from the hotel to the DLR where it felt even longer than normal for me. I have stayed at BW Stovall’s which is about 12 minute walk to the DLR while the one at BW Pavilions felt like 15 to 20 minutes and it took a toll. I have learned from this trip never to stay at BW Pavilions in the near future with the walk and I don’t like taking the ART bus which can take quite some time.

Tomorrow is a new day at the parks. This time it will be the three of us to enjoy the DLR. Stay tune for the next update.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #263
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Gorgeous pictures, Bret. Interesting to see the changes to NOS.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #264
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Bret,
I just love your long exposure shots. Stunning. The Zephyr shots are really cool.

Teresa
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #265
LongTimeFan
Earning My Ears

I am enjoying your trip report and love your amazing photos. The Zephyr, wow!
I was wondering what is your favorite spot to see WOC? I have never seen it and can't stand too long in one place, so if I could go closer to start maybe that would be helpful.
Can't wait for more of your report!
Old 08-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #266
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Your photos are stunning. I'm especially impressed with the World of Color water screen shots and the dark sky in Carsland. It really makes that neon pop!

I need to see the changes to NOS in person. I'm not seeing dramatic change. I'm sure it's because I'm seeing it in 2D.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #267
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Bret --

Imagine my surprise at seeing a picture of the Paradise Pier Hotel in your last series of photos! You never take any pictures of the PPH, so that was new! I recognize that intersection so well, as that's where I always cross Disneyland Drive to get from the GCH to the PPH.

The Golden Zephyr photos are absolutely amazing!

How interesting that you ran into Mice Chat people in NOS! Did you tell them you were doing a TR on The DIS?

I can't believe how empty it was along the Rivers of America! Not a person in sight!

I honestly don't think I have ever seen the Lucky Fortune Cookery sign at night. I've walked through the Pacific Wharf area of DCA at night, either on my to Cars Land or Paradise Pier or something, but I've never paid attention to the LFC sign. The dragon looks cool in neon. Are the rice bowls good there? I always forget about that restaurant, to be honest, but I might enjoy a chicken rice bowl.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #268
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Gorgeous pictures, Bret. Interesting to see the changes to NOS.
Thank you PiO. The pictures are getting better but my dark ride photos took a step back during this trip in which I increased the ISO to 12,800 where it showed a bluish blur on the bottom. NOS and the buildings changed a lot with the Club 33 expansion. You will see that it is different from your previous visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Bret,
I just love your long exposure shots. Stunning. The Zephyr shots are really cool.

Teresa
Thank you TK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongTimeFan View Post
I am enjoying your trip report and love your amazing photos. The Zephyr, wow!
I was wondering what is your favorite spot to see WOC? I have never seen it and can't stand too long in one place, so if I could go closer to start maybe that would be helpful.
Can't wait for more of your report!
Thank you LongTimeFan and thanks for following along.

My favorite spot is in the blue section and the spot is right next to the green fire hydrant. This is the perfect spot if you don't want to get there early for a spot in the viewing area and you also won't get wet where the closer you are to the pier the greater chance you will get wet. You can show up less than 30 minutes and still be able to get the spot (unless other people know about it).

Here is the link by Disneyland_1951 that talks about the green fire hydrant spot (which used to be the yellow fire hydrant).
Yellow Fire Hydrant Spot in the Blue Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Your photos are stunning. I'm especially impressed with the World of Color water screen shots and the dark sky in Carsland. It really makes that neon pop!

I need to see the changes to NOS in person. I'm not seeing dramatic change. I'm sure it's because I'm seeing it in 2D.
Thank you Jenny. I really need to go up close to get pictures of the fountains during WoC. I have never done that and I should consider it one day. It is so fun to be in CL when the neon lights turn on when the music is playing.

The changes to the buildings, stores, etc. made a big difference in NOS where it is not the same. The biggest change was that you could not enter the Court of Angels anymore since it is now part of Club 33. I wasn't able to get all the pictures that night but I did get pictures the next day so you can see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Bret --

Imagine my surprise at seeing a picture of the Paradise Pier Hotel in your last series of photos! You never take any pictures of the PPH, so that was new! I recognize that intersection so well, as that's where I always cross Disneyland Drive to get from the GCH to the PPH.

The Golden Zephyr photos are absolutely amazing!

How interesting that you ran into Mice Chat people in NOS! Did you tell them you were doing a TR on The DIS?

I can't believe how empty it was along the Rivers of America! Not a person in sight!

I honestly don't think I have ever seen the Lucky Fortune Cookery sign at night. I've walked through the Pacific Wharf area of DCA at night, either on my to Cars Land or Paradise Pier or something, but I've never paid attention to the LFC sign. The dragon looks cool in neon. Are the rice bowls good there? I always forget about that restaurant, to be honest, but I might enjoy a chicken rice bowl.
I do get pictures of PPH but I don't post them since I have done a lot of them. I was thinking about doing long exposure shots of the hotels but we were tired that night. I have take pictures of the PPH but they don't turn out that well especially at night. The times when I take pictures of the PPH or GCH entrance is when I stay at the Katella Ave hotels.

The Golden Zephyr pictures turned out really well. Thanks to the DISers of taking great pictures on the Disneyland Picture of the Day thread that help me get these ideas.

What a coincidence that I ran into the MiceChat people when I was in NOS that night. I didn't tell them about the trip report that I was doing and it was a good thing that I asked them about the picture taking that night and told me that they are MiceChat photographers for the website.

There were some people right by the RoA that night but they were in the shots since I did a long exposure shot. You can barely see the guests in the picture. It would have been nice to not have them in it but it turned out really well.

LFT sign is really nice and colorful at night. The rice bowls are very nice. Nothing too special but it is nice to have a different cuisine instead of America, Mexican, etc. at the parks. This is a good place to have lunch where I mostly eat at this place when I watch WoC those nights.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #269
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 –July 27th, 2014 – Part 1

Day 2 –July 27th, 2014 – Part 1

Solo Time in NOS

After a nice day at the DLR on Saturday, it is now Sunday and our second day during the trip. This is another day where we will get a whole day at the parks like the other one. But this time we will be all rested up even though we left the parks close to midnight on Saturday.

We were still a little tired from Saturday at the Disney parks that we slept in a little longer. DB and V were so tired that they told me that they will go to the park later that day. I didn’t leave the hotel around 8:30am which is a little late for me when I go to the parks. But that Saturday night drained a lot from me where I wanted to sleep a little longer but I always wanted to get as much done in the morning time when it is nice and quiet at the DLR.

I left Best Western Pavilions hotel while DB and V stayed in the room and slept longer. It was around 9am when I got to the park which was a little late that morning.

I head on into DL that morning to get some pictures and also ride the updated Alice in Wonderland ride in FL. This is one of the rides that I must do during the trip since it was down for most of 2014 with the enhancements. I was not able to ride it on Saturday since the wait time was way too high and maybe the wait time would not be that bad.

When in MS, the new Guest Flow Corridors is still under construction.

The park didn’t look that busy that morning where I got there an hour late when it opened at 8am.

I never go around Pixie Hollow that much and it was nice to see it.

I finally made it over to Fantasyland and see the updated Alice in Wonderland ride. It was nice to see it again without the walls. It does look completely different from a few years ago with the ugly tarps on the leaf pads.

Unfortunately, the line to ride AiW was at 50 minutes and there was no way I would wait that long to go on that ride that morning. So I just skipped it and maybe later that day I would be able to ride it with DB and V.

While I was in DL that morning, I went on over to Frontierland to see the new interactive game called “Legends of Frontierland: Gold Rush!” It is a experience that started in early July which guests can watch the story unfold and be able to create the story themselves. It wasn’t running that morning since it was early where it would start in the afternoon. So I just went around and took pictures of the different activities in Frontierland.

They even have a place where you can get a drink and play the experience as well.

While I was in Frontierland, I head on over to New Orleans Square to look at the rest of NOS where I didn’t take pictures the other night.

When I was in NOS, it was quiet that morning but it was a good opportunity to get some pictures while it was not that busy. I have said it on this trip report that I am not a huge fan of the updated NOS for Club 33 expansion. There were buildings, doors, etc. were all different when the tarps came down during the trip. I wasn’t able to see the whole new NOS during the other trips because of the construction. It was so weird to see it like this and I can tell that some parts of NOS was changed dramatically.

It is so weird not to be able to go in the Court of Angels where that is one of the newest additions for Club 33. There was a statue on the patio and it is now gone.

Here is a picture from the November 2013 trip report during the holiday season as you can tell from the changes to NOS.

The new entrance to Club 33

The new buzzer

After going around NOS, DB texted me and they were now in the park. They told me to meet up with them in Tomorrowland so I head on over to meet up with them.

That will be it for this post and stay tune for the next update at the park.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:00 AM   #270
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 –July 27th, 2014 – Part 2

The Scary Mansion and Above the Skies on the Monorail

After spending some solo time in the park that morning, DB and V finally woke up and now are in the park waiting for me. They told me to go to Tomorrowland to meet up with them so we can go on some rides that morning. It was going to be difficult to go on the big rides since it is past 10am and the guests are now in the park. So we just played it by ears of what to do that day.

When I got on over to Tomorrowland, they were right next to the entrance of Space Mountain and they were waiting for me to ride Space Mountain. But the wait time was at 50 minutes and I wasn’t willing to wait that long. So we just got the FP’s for Space Mountain that day and the return time was really late till 2pm to 3pm which was late. But we were able to get FP’s for Space Mountain that day.

After getting the FP’s for Space Mountain, we head on over to watch “Guardians of the Galaxy” Exclusive Sneak Peek while Captain EO was closed for this preview. I was able to watch it and now it was DB and V turn to see it while we were in Tomorrowland.

We weren’t allowed to videotape or take pictures in the theater but I was able to get one picture while we were waiting for the show to start.

DB and V were impressed with the clip of Guardians of the Galaxy and were planning on seeing it when it comes out. They were able to see the movie just like me. But I was able to watch the movie when I was in San Antonio during my trip to Texas. The movie was not that bad for Marvel even though I am not a huge Marvel fan but it was fun to watch.

After watching Guardians of the Galaxy, we started to go on over to our next activity that day. V wanted to ride the Haunted Mansion which is one of her favorite rides.

More pictures on the way over to NOS from my favorite view of the Matterhorn with the heart shape which used to be the former Skyway tunnel.

Passing by Sleeping Beauty Castle and I had to get a couple of shots while we were there.

Including right by Snow White Fountain

So we head straight on over to the HM and the wait time was only five minutes in which we only had to wait less than 2 minutes to enter the mansion. I elected to go with the 35mm f/1.8 lens during the ride so it will be easy to get the dark ride photos.

The stretching portraits

For the pictures on the ride, I used the 35mm f/1.8 lens and I also set the ISO at 12,800 to be able to set the shutter speed very high. But it actually backfire on me again just like PotC where they didn’t turn out that well. But I was able to get some on the ride. The bottom of the pictures were also bluish and blurry where I won’t even think about using ISO 12,800 again unless I am able to get the picture that I want with the high ISO.

Some of the pictures with the ISO 12,800 turned out okay.

Can’t forget about the hitchhiking ghosts.

V always enjoy riding the HM where she like the original over the Haunted Mansion Holiday during the Halloween/Christmas season. I do enjoy both of them but I would choose the HMH over the HM.

After we finished riding HM, it was time for lunch and they asked me what restaurant to eat during that afternoon. There was one restaurant that I wanted to try after reading PiO (PrincessInOz) and Alison (franandaj) trip report back in September 2013 when I was with them for a short time that they ate at a restaurant in DTD which turned out to be a good experience. Alison have told me that I got to try this restaurant it was a perfect opportunity to eat there with DB and V. For the people that have read PiO and Alison trip report (which you already know PiO and Alison) you can tell where they ate during the trip.

So we head on out of the park but instead of walking out of the park through MS, I had to ride my favorite ride at DL which is the Monorail. So we walked all the way on over to Tomorrowland to ride the Monorail to head on over to DTD.

Before entering the Monorail queue, the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage was still closed for it’s refurbishment.

While walking through the queue, the blue tarp was still on the queue to prevent the guests from looking at the FNSV lagoon. But I had to get a picture of what the Lagoon is right now while it is drained. It didn’t seem like much has changed during the July trip which I got to see it during the June trip. But much has changed to the FNSV overtime.

We just missed riding Monorail Mark VII Blue to DTD so we had to wait for the next one to arrive.

After 10 minutes, Monorail Mark VII Orange approached the station.

We rode the Monorail all the way on over to DTD and passing by DCA.

We exited the Monorail and now in DTD. We are now off to eat at this specific restaurant that PiO and Alison recommended. I do enjoy walking by the Lego store in DTD and looking at the Disney characters that are made out of Lego.

That will be it for this post and stay tune where we ate that afternoon at DTD.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 08-28-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: