Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #61
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

The next day we were in Malaga, Spain....

There was a huge yacht sitting near our ship....

We boarded a complimentary shuttle that dropped us off near the Plaza de la Marina. Super nice bus....

We took a right, and walked toward City Hall. We walked behind City Hall, and there is an elevator that takes you directly up to the Alcazaba. A guy met us as soon as we entered the tunnel to the elevator. And we gave him our money, and he put it into a machine, and gave us our tickets. When we exited the elevator, I took this picture....

The Alcazaba was a beautiful place to explore....

City Hall is right below us, to the left. And the Disney Magic is off in the distance.....

This view was looking toward the city. (you can see the Cathedral tower)

I moved the camera slighty right, and took this picture....

And again to the right....
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #62
clareyfairymouse
Mouseketeer

Great trip report!
Really helping to give me an idea of whats in store for the westbound in September.

2004 - IP UK Pavilion, 2008 - 1st WDW Holiday - Pop Century, 2010 - WDW Wedding - Wedding Pavilion & Stayed at Wilderness Lodge 2013 - Florida Keys & Port Orleans Riverside
clareyfairymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #63
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

More pics of the Alcazaba....

We were almost at the bottom (close to the Roman Theater), and there was the entrance for the Alcazaba. So you can go thru this entrance, and pay here, or go behind the City Hall, and pay there, and take the elevator to the top of the Alcazaba....

After we exited the Alcazaba, we took a right and walked over to the "visitor's center" for the Roman Theater. It was free, and they had a movie inside. It was pretty weird, and I would recommend that you skip it. There were some artifacts inside, and then you exit toward the Roman Theater....

Another shot of the theater...

Wow! I was pretty impressed. These were the first Roman ruins I had seen in my life....
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #64
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

After we left the Roman theater, we walked toward the cathedral. We stopped behind the cathedral, and there was a garden area there, which was very peaceful....

People were sitting in this area, just relaxing....

We walked around to the front of the church....

We walked over to Calle Marques de Larios. Beautiful street, with many shops. The ladies loved it, and I sat on a bench while they shopped....

Went to the market also. (on Calle Atarazanas)...
Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #65
ab2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
More pics of the Alcazaba....

I have to apologize for my son walking into your photo!

We had such a good time on this cruise, it's been great looking through your pics and remembering. I did wonder if one of us would turn up in your photos, should have known it would be my son
Old 07-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #66
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

We took the free shuttle back to the ship. Once we walked thru security at the port, I took this picture....

Once you walked thru security, this is what you see. They had a few shops that were open while we were there. Those seat reminded me of something you would see at an airport....

As we walked across the gangplank to enter the ship, I noticed these fish...

We ate lunch at Cabana's....

Took a picture of the port from Cabana's....

Another picture of the port, and you can see the shuttle buses....
Old 07-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #67
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

About 30 minutes before we left the port, I walked toward the back of the ship. There were kids lined up, waiting to catch a glimpse of "the mouse"...

They kids clapped their hands (like cheerleaders), and yelled "Mickey"!...

I walked down to deck 4, and took this picture near the port building....

Daisy came walking down deck 4, and when the kids saw her, there was some cheering....

Went back up to deck 9, and more families were walking toward the rear of the ship, still waiting on Mickey....

One last look toward Malaga....

Mickey came out in a "Matador" outfit, and the kids went crazy. I was told this was the first visit of a Disney ship to Malaga (not sure if that is true), and that was the reason for the huge turnout when we left....

Old 07-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #68
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

That evening was the Mediterranean menu....

Salad....

Lemon Herb shrimp...

Melon balls....

Soft shell crab (it was awful!)....

Spicy tomato soup (and it was SPICY!)

Main Course menu....

Feta cheese and spinach turnovers, and they were very good. They were on the vegetarian menu. Awesome combination...

Flank steak....

Chicken....

Veal Shank was outstanding....

Dessert menu....

Apple Tart....

Barcelona sundae....

Sweet Temptations....
Old 08-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #69
ludari
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your review and pictures as I get ready to do my second WBTA cruise next month.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #70
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Our final evening on the cruise, and we were getting very close to Barcelona...

Appetizer menu....

Grilled potato and Goat cheese....

Potato & Leek soup....

Cranberry Salad....

Main course menu.....

Pasta with shrimp only....

Roasted chicken....

Beef Wellington.....
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #71
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Excellent trip report!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #72
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Dessert menu....

Baked Alaska....

Apple Pie....

Celebration Cake....

String Fever performed again, in Fathoms. Great talent, and they kept the show fresh, and everyone seemed to like them....

After String Fever, the crew performed "If I were not upon the sea". Brent had everyone laughing when he came out as the Ballerina.....

The entire cast....

The next morning at Barcelona, we dropped off our luggage at DW Consigna. They had a booth right beside of the area where you grabbed your luggage. We then got on this bus which took us right near the start of Las Ramblas....

Walking up Las Ramblas was interesting.....

After walking around the Gothic Quarter, we took the Aerobus to the airport....

We flew from Barcelona to Munich, and rented a car and drove to Salzburg, Austria, and spent 2 nights there....

Seeing all the sights from Sound Of Music was awesome. We stopped by Maria's Abbey....

Drove over to Obersalzburg, Germany to check out the Eagles Nest. We got there to late to take the tour, but the area was beautiful....

Went down into a bunker under the Hotel zum Turken, that lead to Hitler's house (the Berghof)....

Walked around the sight of the Berghof. The only thing left is a couple of retaining walls....

Finished off the evening in Berchtesgaden. Beautiful town....

What a great vacation. Definitely the biggest vacation we've ever done. The cruise was great. Funchal was interesting, Malaga was beautiful, with so much history. Barcelona was also full of history, and the Roman ruins were fascinating. Loved Salzburg. It was my favorite. And I would love to go back to Berchtesgaden, and spend some more time in that area. (and go to the Eagles Nest)
Thanks for all the kind comments on my review. I appreciate it. And I'm sure there were a lot of people that are like me, that when you read a trip report, you probably don't comment. You just read, and enjoy the pictures, and take some "tidbits" of information that may improve your cruising experience. Everyone likes doing different things on their cruise, and that's the good thing about trip reports on the DisBoards. Take the things that interest you, and use them on your cruise, and disregard the things you don't like. Next cruise is on the Magic to Jamaica in November......thanks, jonathan
Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 PM   #73
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Thanks for sharing!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 11:11 PM   #74
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

What a wonderful report! And the cities you visited on the tail end of the trip looked amazing, too.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report
Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: