Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Staying at coronado and need late checkout

We have a late flight and dont want to go to the parks on last day so what is the latest they will allow you to stay for a late checkout. I dont care if they charge me just dont want to be wandering atound aimlessly for hours. Also when do u have to request it the night before or in the morning?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
We have a late flight and dont want to go to the parks on last day so what is the latest they will allow you to stay for a late checkout. I dont care if they charge me just dont want to be wandering atound aimlessly for hours. Also when do u have to request it the night before or in the morning?
I would ask them on the first day - it will really depend on how many guests they are expecting in on your departure day.

Even if you can't stay in your room past regular checkout, there are tons of things to do around the resort until it's time to leave for your flight.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

You can request a late check out, but it not guaranteed you will get it. It depends on how busy the resort is. You need to call housekeeping the day before and request a late check out. They sometimes let you stay as late as 1 pm without paying additional. If paying is not a concern why not try and book another night?

If you don't get it, you are still free to use all of the resort's amenities the last day.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #4
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

Ask as early as possible and then again the day before. Late check out requests depend on the number of guests arriving on that day. Even then they usually only allow 1 or 2 hours. When we had a later flight we couldn't get late check out, but we were able to check our luggage with ME and go to the pool. The bathrooms by the pool allowed us to change into dry clothes. Of course we only had about 3.5 hours to kill. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
You can request a late check out, but it not guaranteed you will get it. It depends on how busy the resort is. You need to call housekeeping the day before and request a late check out. They sometimes let you stay as late as 1 pm without paying additional. If paying is not a concern why not try and book another night?

If you don't get it, you are still free to use all of the resort's amenities the last day.
I tried to make another no but no availability
Old 08-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #6
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwjeffc37 View Post
Ask as early as possible and then again the day before. Late check out requests depend on the number of guests arriving on that day. Even then they usually only allow 1 or 2 hours. When we had a later flight we couldn't get late check out, but we were able to check our luggage with ME and go to the pool. The bathrooms by the pool allowed us to change into dry clothes. Of course we only had about 3.5 hours to kill. Good luck.
Ok Thanks
Old 08-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
nikkyluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurBigTrip View Post
I would ask them on the first day - it will really depend on how many guests they are expecting in on your departure day.

Even if you can't stay in your room past regular checkout, there are tons of things to do around the resort until it's time to leave for your flight.
We have 6 hours from regular checkout time i don't know if i can stay at the pool that long..lol
Old 08-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyluvsmickey View Post
We have 6 hours from regular checkout time i don't know if i can stay at the pool that long..lol
How about going to Down Town Disney for a while? Or you could go play mini-golf.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: