Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #1
maarowak
Mouseketeer

ADRs times' accuracy, help with MK ADRs + Starbucks at Epcot

I juuuust snagged a 7:15pm BOG ADR on one of our MK days :

But, we really want to get a good place on MSEP, that starts at 9pm. We will also watch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes that day (it's out first time on WDW and MK, so we both really want to do it -me and my sis-).

a) can we find a good place? say we finish dinner around 8:30. (we apparently eat kinda fast...) no need to super fancy views, just a good one that enables us to walk to the best wishes places on main street

b) are they accurate with the ADR times? If we arrive a bit (say, five minutes) before 7:15, will we be actually be sat at 7:15? Should we be there earlier? We are watching the 3PM parade too, so I have the feeling it'll be kinda cramped...

And I wanted to do lunch on Cosmic Ray's or BOG. Thing is, I was planning the Cosmic Ray's lunch on the second day, since we are going to Crystal Palace for breakfast (9:45am, so we would have a late-ish lunch) and WCC (8pm, park closes @ 7pm to MNSSHP) for dinner. But maybe I should change it up so we don't have BOG lunch AND dinner on the same day.
Wanted to avoid walking in circles on MK like I planned to do on the other parks but it's proving to be an impossible mission lol getting a bit frustrated, my FP+ window opens tonight and I'm still confused on what I'm going to do on MK ;_;

b) How the starbucks work on the dining plan? Is it snacks-only? CS? ?____?
I wanted to have breakfast in there, but also wanted to save our snack credits to snacking around the world/F&W, so using a CS credit would be ideal.

thank you!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I highly doubt that you will be seated right on time for BOG. They won't let you check in more than 15 min. before your ADR time. And it isn't unusual to have a wait. We waited over 30 min. past our ADR time. Liberty Square (near Sleepy Hollow) will be the closest spot to watch the parade. Since you'll be arriving late, just grab whatever spot you can find. If, by some miracle you are seated on time, and eat fast (we found the service to be quite quick, almost to the point of being rushed), then you might find a better spot.

As for Starbucks, according to Allears.net menus, it is on the dining plan for CS credits or snacks, depending on what you want to buy.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
maarowak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I highly doubt that you will be seated right on time for BOG. They won't let you check in more than 15 min. before your ADR time. And it isn't unusual to have a wait. We waited over 30 min. past our ADR time. Liberty Square (near Sleepy Hollow) will be the closest spot to watch the parade. Since you'll be arriving late, just grab whatever spot you can find. If, by some miracle you are seated on time, and eat fast (we found the service to be quite quick, almost to the point of being rushed), then you might find a better spot.

As for Starbucks, according to Allears.net menus, it is on the dining plan for CS credits or snacks, depending on what you want to buy.
So we should arrive at 7 and hope for the best? Will we be able to leave the MSEP and rush to Main Street to Celebrate the Magic?

Will keep checking BOG in hopes for an earlier time, but oh well. I hope we can at least see the parade properly!

Will check the Allears.net menu, thank you! :
Old 08-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarowak View Post
So we should arrive at 7 and hope for the best? Will we be able to leave the MSEP and rush to Main Street to Celebrate the Magic?

Will keep checking BOG in hopes for an earlier time, but oh well. I hope we can at least see the parade properly!

Will check the Allears.net menu, thank you! :
Yes, arrive at 7 and hope for the best. As minnie said they very rarely seat on time. We had 3 dinners there in May and were seated anywhere from 15-48 minutes past our ADR times.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Drinehart811
Got my E-ticket to paradise

IMO, you have a lot of plans that are extremely time sensitive. If it was me I would decide what was more important, BoG, MSEP, or wishes and change my plans accordingly. If seeing MSEP and wishes are higher on your "must do" list then I would not chance an ADR where you could possibly end up stressed out and/or missing one or both. If BoG is more important to you than MSEP then I would eat there and then plan to be able to view wishes, and IF you get to see MSEP it's a bonus. I don't like being stressed and disappointed at disney so I always plan that things take MORE time than I anticipate, not less (this is usually the way it works IME)
Drinehart811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #6
maarowak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinehart811 View Post
IMO, you have a lot of plans that are extremely time sensitive. If it was me I would decide what was more important, BoG, MSEP, or wishes and change my plans accordingly. If seeing MSEP and wishes are higher on your "must do" list then I would not chance an ADR where you could possibly end up stressed out and/or missing one or both. If BoG is more important to you than MSEP then I would eat there and then plan to be able to view wishes, and IF you get to see MSEP it's a bonus. I don't like being stressed and disappointed at disney so I always plan that things take MORE time than I anticipate, not less (this is usually the way it works IME)
Yeah, I'm kinda worried ): I'm going to keep checking BOG for an early reservation, if it doesn't work, I'll talk with my sister. I think MSEP is the priority, specially considering that they have the lunch FP option, I was just so excited when I found the ADR haha

I think like you, too! And MK is stressing me a lot right now because I have no clue on what to do there time-wise, and I really want to figure out everything before our FP window opens today! Specially because sis really wants to meet Anna and Elsa, she was so excited when I told her that we will meet them!

Thank you all for your input! I really appreciate it :

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: