Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Breakfast at Epcot

We would like to have breakfast at Epcot. We are traveling without our children so no need to recommend the Princess Storybook Breakfast, which we have been to several times and I would prefer a food only, no character experience. Not that I have anything against character meals, I love them but after 13 yrs of visiting and having character meals I'm kinda looking forward to not going to one
Thanks,
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofmouse5 View Post
We would like to have breakfast at Epcot. We are traveling without our children so no need to recommend the Princess Storybook Breakfast, which we have been to several times and I would prefer a food only, no character experience. Not that I have anything against character meals, I love them but after 13 yrs of visiting and having character meals I'm kinda looking forward to not going to one
Thanks,
France is my favorite!
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Akershus is the only sit-down breakfast in the park.

For counter service you have Les Halles in France or Sunshine Seasons.

There are some kiosks selling baked goods.

That's about it.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

If you're into Quick Service, we like the breakfast platters at Sunshine Seasons. It's just plain eggs, potatoes, and that sort of thing, but it's hearty and filling, and it's always been cooked well when I've gotten it.

(The plan used to be to run for Soarin' FP's first thing, get breakfast ant Sunshine Seasons, and then ride Living with the Land. FP+ makes that plan unnecessary, but it's still a good breakfast!)
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As MakiraMarlena said, the table service options are pretty limited inside Epcot. Both Sunshine Seasons and Les Halles are excellent options (QS). I think that Fountain View (Starbucks) might also be open for breakfast.

If you're looking for TS options, you might consider one of the Epcot resorts. They're all pretty close to Epcot (you could walk out of International Gateway to get there) and they have a few additional options: Kouzzina's/Flying Fish (depending on when you're going) and Captain's Grille (Yacht Club). Cape May Cafe has characters and is a buffet. Garden Grove Cafe is a buffet (it has characters on the weekends only).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #6
seetheworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
If you're into Quick Service, we like the breakfast platters at Sunshine Seasons. It's just plain eggs, potatoes, and that sort of thing, but it's hearty and filling, and it's always been cooked well when I've gotten it.

(The plan used to be to run for Soarin' FP's first thing, get breakfast ant Sunshine Seasons, and then ride Living with the Land. FP+ makes that plan unnecessary, but it's still a good breakfast!)
I agree! We do the same exact thing. My son LOVES Sunshine Seasons breakfast. He says everyday now that we are back home that he wishes he could have the platter.
As the other posters said, France is VERY good too!
10/1999 DL PP,5/2000 WL,12/2000 CR, 1/2001 WL,7/2001 AKL, 7/2002 WL,9/2002 DL GC,7/2003 WL & GF,4/2005 GF,8/2005 YC,4/2006 DL,4 & 5/2007 AKL,7/07 DL PP, 04/08 DL Paris, 05/08 AKL, 1/09 AKL, 11/09 DL PP, 4/11 AKL, 7/11 Poly, 11/12 GCA DL, 7/13 WL & AKL, 1/14 WL, 6/14 & 7/14 WL & AKL
seetheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #7
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking

I love breakfast in France!! Not everyone realizes that the Patisserie is open for Breakfast...
We went there around 10 am on our previous trip and had chocolate Croissants and cappuccino and it was just lovely! We got some great pictures with no one around..It was so pretty...

There were plenty of other breakfast items to choose from...

It was a nice stroll to the France pavilion with no one around..you just tell them you are heading to have breakfast in France and they will let you pass by..Then the other countries are roped off so you can go any further....

We plan to do this again...I want to take my husband to breakfast there when we go in February....

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Where are you staying? If you'll be in the Epcot resort area, you may be better off eating at YC/BC if you want a TS breakfast. You could even bus to DHS and walk there. Captain's Grille is a good TS breakfast with no characters.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: