Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #1
reddog1473
Earning My Ears

Contemporary Hotel

Is the Contemporary worth the extra money for a one night pre cruise stay? Debating that and the Port Orleans. I have 3 kids ( 1,3 and 5)
reddog1473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
Foltzyboy
Earning My Ears

The Contemporary is a wonderful hotel. Port Orleans is too. I stayed at both in past two years. Contemporary is really nice and luxurious. Port Orleans is cheerful and bright, while still nice. Contemporary has convenience to MK. If your really into luxurious. If you want a really good hotel and are willing to pay. Go Contemporary. Port Orleans is nice. And it's cheap-ish. If you want a good hotel and want cheap but nice. Port Orleans. I recommend French Quarter ahead of Rjverside. FQ Is quieter and more relaxed and smaller.

Please don't make your decision of my advice. I'm an opinion. I don't know yours. It's your choice.
Foltzyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

If you want to spend time pre cruise in the MK, i would go with the CR for the convenient quick access. If you are not planning to go MK it might be better to stay at a resort where the MK isn't so 'in your face'.

Another issue is comfort. The PO rooms are much smaller. Although you can put a family of 5 in there, it is tight IMO. The CR rooms will give you a bit more space and a balcony (if you are in the tower) to relax on when kiddos are asleep. If in the GW request ground floor for a patio.

Worth the extra $$? I think so, but as PP said, it is up to you. POR is awesome and does have a nice boat ride to DD. It all depends upon what you are looking for.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
bball15fan
Mouseketeer

I personally love the Contemporary so I may be bias but if your going to Magic Kingdom you can't beat it. Port Orleans is nice too, but then you wait for the bus.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
reddog1473
Earning My Ears

I will add that we will not be going to the MK or epcot.
reddog1473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
mm1971
DIS Veteran

It really depends on what you plan to do on the days you are there and not cruising. If you plan to head to MK or just enjoy the hotel and pool(s), then I would say CR is the best bet as it is easy access to both MK and Epcot and you get the nicer hotel and pool options.

If you are just looking for a room and have plans to do the other parks or no need for the luxury afforded at CR, then POR is a great choice. I don't believe you can have 5 in a room at POFQ. The pool is nice and has a slide. There are lots of activities and the food is decent with both sit down and a food court available. You can walk over to POFQ and use the facilities there if desired.

It really is a matter of what you are looking for. If it helps, we usually stay at PO to save $$. If we plan less park activity and more relaxing, we will go deluxe.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: