Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #46
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Hi there, long time lurker of your TR's here. I have loved all of them so far!!

So excited to read more of your cruise experience! We will be on The Wonder in Oct and although the itinerary is different, I love reading about that ship!

Also, off topic, I hope all is well with you and your lovely wife. Obviously, you guys have had a rough start to 2014, I hope it rounds out much better!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:40 AM   #47
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
I love your trip reports. They are among the best on the DIS by far!
You're too kind! I'm so glad to hear you are still enjoying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
The cruise sounds awesome so far! Looking forward to more.
Still PLENTY more cruise action to cover! Hope you keep having fun reading along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Another great update! Your writing style really makes me feel as if I were there. Love the totem pole and the shirts.

Thanks for taking us all along on your trip to Alaska!
I'm glad that I can make it feel like you got to come along on the trip! That's certainly what I'm going for

We LOVED all the merchandise available on this cruise. As you'll soon see, we weren't even close to being done shopping in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Hi there, long time lurker of your TR's here. I have loved all of them so far!!

So excited to read more of your cruise experience! We will be on The Wonder in Oct and although the itinerary is different, I love reading about that ship!

Also, off topic, I hope all is well with you and your lovely wife. Obviously, you guys have had a rough start to 2014, I hope it rounds out much better!
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to say hi! I'm so glad to hear that you've enjoyed reading about our many escapades.

We LOVED the Wonder, and I'm sure you'll have such a great time cruising in October! I'll admit, I'm a little jealous

Things have definitely been looking up in the second portion of 2014. I'll do a "real-life" update sometime soon to let you know all that we've been up to!
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2014, 12:41 AM   #48
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 8/1

Our first morning on the ship consisted of a little wandering and a whole lot of eating. Read all about it in the post here.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
Old 08-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #49
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Oh, the "Very pleasant good morning"...... just brought me back to our cruises of the past........ I love it!!!!
Great report, Alaska is on the top of my cruise memories list. We had a wonderful time would love to do it again.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #50
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Will you please give just a tad bit info as to what type of merchandise that is available? Sweatshirts, mugs?? Thank you...I just need to know what else I need to save for

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #51
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Oh, the "Very pleasant good morning"...... just brought me back to our cruises of the past........ I love it!!!!
Great report, Alaska is on the top of my cruise memories list. We had a wonderful time would love to do it again.
I'm sure the cruise directors (and especially Jimmy) rarely mix up their spiel, so I'm glad to bring back some memories with "a very pleasant good morning."

I'm totally with you on Alaska. I'd LOVE to go on another cruise already. Such an awesome place, and we had such a wonderful time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Will you please give just a tad bit info as to what type of merchandise that is available? Sweatshirts, mugs?? Thank you...I just need to know what else I need to save for
It's certainly going to be subjective what types of merchandise you'll want in particular, but I would definitely be prepared to get some sort of clothing articles (the sweatshirts and track jackets were extremely popular on our cruise) as well as some of the memorabilia like the totem souvenir and nesting dolls. The Alaska Cruise 2014 logo is on pretty much all the standard merchandise as well (mugs, magnets, pins, etc.), so I'm sure you'll end up wanting some of those things as well... Hope that helps!

Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #52
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 8/5

Our first organized activity of the day teaches us all about bears. Click here to read all about it.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #53
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Ohhhhh, that blanket will be mine next week

I was telling my DD about the name of your Trip Report and she said she could totally hear it in her head too. We are definitely looking forward to hearing it again next week.

I'm really enjoying your trip report
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #54
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Enjoying your report!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Double Dip on the Disney Wonder ~ September 2014 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #55
gardengirl2790
Mouseketeer

The blanket is awfully cute!
gardengirl2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #56
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
Ohhhhh, that blanket will be mine next week

I was telling my DD about the name of your Trip Report and she said she could totally hear it in her head too. We are definitely looking forward to hearing it again next week.

I'm really enjoying your trip report
I'm glad to hear your daughter was able to picture Jimmy's announcement in her mind. And I'm endlessly jealous that you guys will be on board the Wonder next week! Hope you enjoy adding the blanket to your collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
Enjoying your report!
I'm so glad! Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl2790 View Post
The blanket is awfully cute!
Indeed it is. It's currently draped on our couch, and I love looking at it several times every day.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 AM   #57
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Update 8/6

It's Disney Parks trivia time in the update I just posted here.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #58
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Don't you both look nice! Sometimes it's fun to dress up for a special occasion. And you both look relaxed, so the Disney magic was obviously working on you two.

Thank you for the videos. The cabin is much bigger than I would have thought, and the scenery was perfectly peaceful. It just makes me want to go to Alaska that much more.

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #59
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info on the merchandise. I will be sure I leave money on my gift card..

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #60
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Don't you both look nice! Sometimes it's fun to dress up for a special occasion. And you both look relaxed, so the Disney magic was obviously working on you two.

Thank you for the videos. The cabin is much bigger than I would have thought, and the scenery was perfectly peaceful. It just makes me want to go to Alaska that much more.
It WAS fun to dress up for this occasion, and we were certainly experiencing the epitome of relaxation on the cruise by this point!

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos! I took several throughout the cruise, but they're all so short, so I didn't know if they'd be worth sharing. Still, I decided to upload them on a whim, and I think it was a good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Thank you for the info on the merchandise. I will be sure I leave money on my gift card..
Sounds like a good plan to me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: