Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #391
MiceFan
I like this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
Yes, absolutely positive! I just found out about this little nugget of information just before our last trip and I had already made all my reservations. Didn't mess up a thing...
Done for $21.30, thank you! I did have to call twice, the first person I talked to said she would just note it on the reservation that my kid could order off the adult menu & there wouldn't be any charge. Ummm, I had a feeling that wouldn't fly so I called right back & found someone that would take my money
Thanks again for the info!

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:37 AM   #392
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Really interesting to hear you can upgrade a child to an adult with the free dining and only pay the increase in park tickets.

Is that the same for uk guests?

Also we have a couple of nights when we won't be eating with our kids at signature restaurants, what happens with the extra credits left over could we use them for an extra character breakfast or that for either my husband's or my meals and pay out of pocket for the children, assuming that one will be charged as an adult and one as a child?
Not trying to get anything extra than we are allowed but do want to make sure I'm correctly budgeting our oop costs.

My daughters will be 6 and 4 if that makes any difference (with a one year old who obviously isn't on any plan), but both are very adventurous eaters (but I'd only probably upgrade our eldest as although my youngest likes all kinds of things I think it would be too much food for her) I know this time we go they will want more than just the usual kids meals (hence we are looking to eat at some more unusual restaurants ).

Thanks and hope someone can advise me
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #393
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You may want to ask on the UK board, but depending on how they booked and who they booked with, some UK guests have been informed that they cannot present an age for their child that is not their correct age.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:39 AM   #394
Pinkzeppe
Mouseketeer

We have free dining and will be there 6 nights. We only have a 2 day park hopper. The difference in price between child and adult is $6.50, so if I change my kids to adults for the two park days they can order off the adult menu for all 6 days? If that is true, that would be an excellent value.

WDW 1983, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012 all off-site, 9/2014 CBR! DL/DCA 7/2014 off-site
Pinkzeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #395
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkzeppe View Post
We have free dining and will be there 6 nights. We only have a 2 day park hopper. The difference in price between child and adult is $6.50, so if I change my kids to adults for the two park days they can order off the adult menu for all 6 days? If that is true, that would be an excellent value.
I updated my 7 yr old grandson for our upcoming trip 9/24 thru 10/1 for a total of $21. Definitely worth it!

Per your ticker, Just noticed we check in on the same date
Have a great trip!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #396
Pinkzeppe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
I updated my 7 yr old grandson for our upcoming trip 9/24 thru 10/1 for a total of $21. Definitely worth it!

Per your ticker, Just noticed we check in on the same date
Have a great trip!!!
Thanks, you too! What number do you call to upgrade from child to adult? I went through a travel agent, I wonder if she has to do it.

WDW 1983, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2012 all off-site, 9/2014 CBR! DL/DCA 7/2014 off-site
Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #397
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkzeppe View Post
Thanks, you too! What number do you call to upgrade from child to adult? I went through a travel agent, I wonder if she has to do it.
I called the 407 W DISNEY # but if you went through a travel agent, I believe they are the only ones that can make a change in your reservation so I would reach out to them first
Old 09-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #398
ecross23
Earning My Ears

I have no idea what I would do without these boards. One of my biggest stresses right now is worrying that my 8 year old son won't find enough on the kids menu or be jealous of the adult desserts my 11 year old will get. $21to upgrade him to adult? I'm calling Disney tonight to make the change. I thought for sure it would be $20 a day and told my husband that's crazy.

Thanks so much!!

Eva
Old 09-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #399
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecross23 View Post
I have no idea what I would do without these boards. One of my biggest stresses right now is worrying that my 8 year old son won't find enough on the kids menu or be jealous of the adult desserts my 11 year old will get. $21to upgrade him to adult? I'm calling Disney tonight to make the change. I thought for sure it would be $20 a day and told my husband that's crazy.

Thanks so much!!

Eva
Yep! Just to know that my 7 yr old can order off the adult menu without any worries, that $21 for the trip total is sooooo worth it!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #400
Pinkzeppe
Mouseketeer

For some reason it was $27 for me for two kids, but we only have a 2 day park hopper. I still did it. We will be at Disney for 6 days.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #401
BuckeyeMickey
Earning My Ears

So I called yesterday after giving this some thought. We are going for 8 days and it was $28.50 each to upgrade my 2 sons that are 7 and 9.

I called back today to confirm everything because on Sunday, it took over 2 hrs for the CM to make that one little change, and she kept deleting and adding kids, transportation, etc., so I panicked and wanted to make sure everything carried over with our Magic Bands.

In the end I'm sure I will be glad I upgraded them as they do eat like little piggies! But dear Mickey, please let our Magic Bands work when we arrive!

Ready for Baby Girl's First Trip!
BuckeyeMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #402
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeMickey View Post
So I called yesterday after giving this some thought. We are going for 8 days and it was $28.50 each to upgrade my 2 sons that are 7 and 9.

I called back today to confirm everything because on Sunday, it took over 2 hrs for the CM to make that one little change, and she kept deleting and adding kids, transportation, etc., so I panicked and wanted to make sure everything carried over with our Magic Bands.

In the end I'm sure I will be glad I upgraded them as they do eat like little piggies! But dear Mickey, please let our Magic Bands work when we arrive!
I wonder why the difference in prices? I just looked back at what the price was when I first booked our trip and then what I paid off with my DGS upgraded to an adult and it was $21.50. Our trip is for 8 days/7 nights. I know it's not alot but it is just strange there is such a difference. Could it be that we are at POP with QS?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #403
ecross23
Earning My Ears

I called last night and added it for $21.30 for my son. The first cast member transferred me to Disney dining cause she didn't know what she was doing. They tried transferring me back and disconnected me. Oops. Then got thru to someone who understood. At first she quoted me $36. We couldn't understand why it was higher until she realized I'm less than 14 days from arrival. They charge an extra $15 for changes less than 14 days out. She was able to get the $15 waved and we should be good.

She said my Disney experience would probably prompt me to change his age and a notification might pop up. I went in and saw nothing. I manually went into his profile and changed his age. What did everyone else experience with this? Did they prompt you to update something? Am I good to go or do I need to change anything else?

Thanks

Eva
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #404
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecross23 View Post
I called last night and added it for $21.30 for my son. The first cast member transferred me to Disney dining cause she didn't know what she was doing. They tried transferring me back and disconnected me. Oops. Then got thru to someone who understood. At first she quoted me $36. We couldn't understand why it was higher until she realized I'm less than 14 days from arrival. They charge an extra $15 for changes less than 14 days out. She was able to get the $15 waved and we should be good.

She said my Disney experience would probably prompt me to change his age and a notification might pop up. I went in and saw nothing. I manually went into his profile and changed his age. What did everyone else experience with this? Did they prompt you to update something? Am I good to go or do I need to change anything else?

Thanks

Eva
I was never prompted and I never changed his birthdate but after they made the change to show him a Disney adult all my reservations show him as 10 and I just clicked on the edit button next to his name and he is showing a birthdate of 2004 making him 10
Good thing she was able to wave the $15! A little pixie dust to start your trip! I love it!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #405
Minz
Earning My Ears

Just ask. i'm not sure am I right or wrong. However,if we have 2 kids (under 10y) and 2 adult and we have ddp with 1 TS and 1CS+ 1 snack/Person/day

I realize that kids need to order kids meal and that we can´t order 3 adult meal same time with ddp, But can we order for examples 2 adult breakfast (CS) and share them and lunch time order 2 adult CS meal (DDP) and buy 1 adult meal in cash and share them and evening use all our TS credits?

This is just hypotetic question, because I don`t know when we have possibilities to visit wdw, perhaps 2016 or not, so things can change. But now we usually eat many times per day but not much food at time

And sorry my english is not fluent, because it is not my motherlanguage.
Minz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: