Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #1
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Hey, You Lions Can't Do That! This is Disney! A Frozen Harambe Trip Report! NEW 8/27!

Helloooo Disboards!!

Let me introduce myself! I am AAshleySEG, aka Andrea! My DH, Jeremy, and I are huge Disney fans and love to go to the World!

This photo was taken on our 7th Anniversary Trip in June of this year! We are proud DVC Members and Premium Annual Passholders and love to go to Disney as much as we possibly can! So what is this Trip Report all about you ask?? Well, lots of things!! We first stopped off in Charleston, SC on our way driving down! When we got to Disney We had a little Frozen Summer Fun! We went to eat dinner at Victoria & Albert's, celebrated the 20th Anniversary of The Lion King at Harambe Nights, and on our last day, well that you will just have to wait and see! We also did so much more! So if you want to join in on the fun and read along, please do!! I am going to get started right away!

As a special treat at the end, I am going to be making a video of our trip for everyone to watch! So stay tuned for that as well! If you would like to know more about the plans for this trip, I did a Pre-Trip Report too! You can check that out at this link!

Pre-Trip Report

Who: Jeremy and Andrea!

When: July 23-28, 2014

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village

Why: What kind of silly question is that, you actually need a reason to go to Disney World?? I'll just say...hmmm...We had points and we needed to use our passes!

How: DVC Points, Annual Passes, Tables In Wonderland, Memory Maker, Fastpass +, Dining Reservations, My Disney Experience, Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust, and So Much More!

So with all of that out of the way, are we ready to get started?? I know I am!! I have looked through all of the Photos and Video from the trip and have narrowed down everything just for you all! (Ok, maybe a little for me too.) I have all of my receipts, and hopefully *fingers crossed* by the end, we will be under budget!

So...Let The Trip Report Begin!

Table Of Contents

Wednesday, July 23, 2014:
That's A Bunch Of Blueberries!
Liberty Square!! Wait, Not The One At Magic Kingdom??
Are Those Oyster Shells In The Walls??
FIG!! The FOOD really IS GOOD!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014:
We Need to Eat and Run! We Are Trying to Get to Frozen Summer Fun!
Is That Olaf on Tower of Terror??
I Don't Want to Wear a Helmet! It Will Mess Up My Hair!
A Sing Along...More Like A Screech Along!

Friday, July 25, 2014:
The Line Seriously Goes to There!!
Has Elsa Been In Here Today? BOG Lunch!
We Almost Did A Grand Circle Tour!
"Celebes" Coffee, Tea, & Friandises! Dinner at Victoria & Albert's

Saturday, July 26, 2014:
The Hot and the Cold Are Just So Intense! Put em' Together It Just Makes Sense!
Hey! You Lions Can't Do That! This is Disney!!
We Seem To Have Run Out of Track!
It's Time For Harambe Nights!!

Sunday, July 27, 2014 (Extra Day Yay!)
Andrea & Jeremy's Character Mania! It's Insania! Part One!
Andrea & Jeremy's Character Mania! It's Insania! Part Two!
Andrea & Jeremy's Character Mania! It's Insania! Part Three!
Andrea & Jeremy's Character Mania! Wrap Up! Part Four! It was Insania!

Monday, July 28, 2014: Going Home Day
See You Real Soon! Really Really Soon!

July 2014 Vacation Video!!

Last edited by AAshleySEG; 08-27-2014 at 09:49 AM.
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

That's A Bunch Of Blueberries!

All of our bags were definitely packed, and we were ready to go! I woke up and immediately started getting dressed and ready, because I knew it wouldn't be long before Jeremy came home from work and it would be time to get on the road!

I talked to my dad for a bit, he is taking care of all of our animal babies and our house while we are gone, so I wanted to make sure everything was settled. He is really good about knowing what needs to be done, and I definitely don't know what I would do without him! He is such a great help to us when we go out of town!

We had just washed King Candy, that is what we call our car if you have not read one of my Trip Reports before, so he was sparkly and clean and ready to go on a drive! I double, triple, quadruple checked everything so we wouldn't forget anything this time around! Last trip, we left our cash in the house and had to turn around and go back to get it! This time, I just knew I remembered to pack everything!

At about 9:15, Jeremy got home! We live really close to where he works and he just needed to go in and check on his guys before we headed out! We loaded the last few things in the car, pillows, camera, backpack, a few bottles of water, and we were ready to hit the road!

For our very first expense on the trip we had to stop by the local Murphy Express and fill up our first tank of gas! Can you tell that Jeremy was excited to go??

For each tank of Gas, I always budget $50. For tank numero uno, it cost us $50.04!! We were already 4 whole cents over budget and we just started, I hope this isn't some sort of developing trend??

As we started heading down Highway 211 out of Southport, we noticed that the sky was a little cloudy and it looked like we may be in for some rain on this drive!

Once we got all the way down to Highway 17 the skies had cleared up quite a bit, we had plans to be outside while we were in Charleston, so we were hoping that it wouldn't rain on us. We did pack an umbrella just in case!

As we were driving, I kept updating the Maps App on my phone so I could try and get a better idea of the time we were going to make it to our selected destination for lunch. The closer we got to Myrtle Beach, the more traffic started piling up! There seemed to be construction everywhere, I kept thinking that we left earlier than I expected, but I wasn't sure if I had allotted enough time for us to eat lunch AND get to Charleston on time for our planned activity!

When I was planning everything out, I had figured that we would be around Pawley's Island, SC during the lunch hours, so I did a search on Yelp to see what I could find for us to eat! After reading a bunch of reviews, we decided on this place called Landolfi's Italian Bakery! Everyone spoke really highly of it and so we definitely wanted to try it out! We don't even have to get off Highway 17 to go there, so it would be really convenient too! At 11:10, I think we were about 20 miles away, so I was still worried about having enough time to eat, and I hoped that it wouldn't be too busy when we got there!!

We made it!! We pulled into the parking lot and went inside! We got seated right away, which was great! They had this bakery case full of desserts that I knew we would want to try after we ate! We chose a Brick Oven Pizza from their menu to split between us. Jeremy got a tall glass of Sweet Tea, and I had an Ice Water!

We ordered the Wood Roasted Chicken Pizza, which had Roasted Chicken, Tomatoes, Spinach, Artichokes, Olives, and Provolone Cheese! When it got to the table, I was really glad we had chosen it! It looked so delicious!! It was only $10 too! What a great deal!

We dug right in, it didn't take us very long at all to eat it either!

We were still on a little of a time crunch but we knew we wanted dessert! There were so many things to choose from in that case, Jeremy pretty much knew what he wanted right away...I always have a hard time deciding what to get, so I asked our server what she would recommend! I will also, try anything, I am very open minded when it comes to food! She suggested that I get the Blueberry Cheesecake! Sounds Good To Me!!

When it got to the table, all I could think was Oh My Gosh! That's a Whole Bunch of Blueberries! There are even blueberries inside of it too!! Jeremy ordered the Red Velvet Cake. He said it was pretty good! He usually likes a softer red velvet cake, and this one was a little dense for his liking.

I was very happy with the cheesecake!! The blueberries were plump and fresh and there was almost like a blueberry jam inside the cheesecake which just made it taste delightfully blueberry-y!

We finished up our desserts and with tax and tip, our total came to $35, not too bad! I had budgeted $30 for lunch, so we were a little bit over, but the service was fantastic and the food was great too! For a pizza it deserved a 10 out of 10! If we are in Pawley's Island around lunch again on one of our trips down, we will more than likely stop there again!

By 12:20 we were back in the car and ready to get going! We needed to make it to Charleston by 2:00. We had tickets to go to Fort Sumter on the 2:30 Ferry and we needed to be there about 30 minutes early to pick them up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Wooooooooo!! Yay TR!!

That is allot of blueberries! Looks and sounds delicious, gotta love those awesome little bakeries!

So does Jeremy wear his sunglasses infront of his glasses? (He's wearing the sunglasses on top of his head in the sweet tea pic) Or does he swap? (Normally if I'm in my glasses I just suffer in the sun and don't have prescription sunglasses )

Hope the traffic lets up and you make it on time!!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #4
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
Wooooooooo!! Yay TR!!

That is allot of blueberries! Looks and sounds delicious, gotta love those awesome little bakeries!

So does Jeremy wear his sunglasses infront of his glasses? (He's wearing the sunglasses on top of his head in the sweet tea pic) Or does he swap? (Normally if I'm in my glasses I just suffer in the sun and don't have prescription sunglasses )

Hope the traffic lets up and you make it on time!!
Yay, you are here!! Banana time!!

Yeah it was tons of blueberries but so delicious! They had other fruit varieties of cheesecake too, hopefully we will get to stop here again sometime!

We both have prescription sunglasses, he has super sensitive eyes so he wears sunglasses 95% of the time, sometimes even when it is dark and there are bright lights. I used to be the same way about suffering through the sun with my regular glasses on, I have been doing the scrip sunglasses for a year or so now and I love them! They are a little bit of a hassle to put up and take back out, especially at Disney, so many inside/outside things in succession, but I still managed with them quite fine. Jeremy just keeps his on his head though

I am about to make a new post! So you will soon see whether we did!! Thanks for reading along again!! I was so excited when I saw that you commented!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Liberty Square!! Wait, Not The One At Magic Kingdom?

On the road again on our way to Charleston, it was a pretty short ride with not very much traffic, which was great!! We ended up making it across the bridge and into the city by 1:45! That meant that we had about 15 minutes to find the parking garage on Calhoun Street. There was TONS of traffic downtown! It took us almost the whole 15 minutes just to get to the parking deck! We did make it though and found a nice space for King Candy...we have a pretty small car, could you imagine having an SUV trying to park in these spaces?? They are a little tight right??

So, there are two locations where you can take a Ferry to Fort Sumter. One of them is at a place called Patriot's Point over in Mt. Pleasant, the one we're going from was called Liberty Square!! Considering we were on our way to Disney World, that couldn't be more perfect!

It was a little bit warmer here, than at home, but we needed to get used to those 90 degree temperatures since we were going to be in Lake Buena Vista soon! I stopped for a photo-op next to the Fort Sumter sign! We made sure to take lots of photos and video of me, this time around!

This little Liberty Square courtyard area is really nicely laid out! The South Carolina Aquarium is in this area too! There are lots of manicured pathways, places to picnic, or just a nice shaded area to rest on a bench if you want!

Just a little bit further and we found where we needed to go to pick up our tickets! I didn't realize how popular this would be on a Wednesday afternoon, but there was quite a bit of a line we had to wait in to get our ferry tickets! Luckily I had purchased them online, because from the amount of people there it seemed they were almost sold out!

We picked up our tickets and went inside the air-conditioned museum. There were people everywhere. Inside this museum there was a tiny gift shop that sold some postcards, t-shirts, and other miscellaneous things. I found out there was a gift shop at the actual fort, so we decided we would go into that one since this one was so jam-packed with people! A few minutes later they announced overhead that the ferry was now boarding, so we headed outside!

I took a photo across the water of Patriot's Point and the USS Yorktown. There is a Naval & Maritime Museum over on that side, but like I said before, you can also take the Ferry to Fort Sumter from there as well!

There was a really long line underneath the museum to get onto the ferry, we were some of the last people to get down there and in line. I made sure Jeremy had our ticket, which he did!

There is a little photo crew to take your photo before you get on the ferry, I didn't think too much of it because I wasn't planning on buying it anyway, but we stopped and took the photo, then we walked down the ramp and onto the ferry! The two upper decks were already full of people so we decided, for the moment, to hang out on the lowest deck, at the forward section. When we got started going it was definitely really windy! We did have a nice view of the suspension bridge from where we were though!

I did mention it was windy right! At one point my hair was blowing everywhere!! I even had a funny hair mustache!

On our way over to Fort Sumter we passed by a little island with another fort. This one was called Castle Pinckney and it was built around 1810!

When we were about halfway to Sumter, more people kept coming outside so we chose to go inside! There was a recorded telling of history playing over the intercom system that we listened to the rest of the way over! The windows were really large, so we had a great view from inside too!

We could see it now! We had almost made it to Fort Sumter! The place where the first shots of the American Civil War were fired!

Old 07-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
DisDance
Mouseketeer

Woo so excited for the TR!! Off to a great start, you make me want to actually drive to WDW, looks like fun!
DisDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
DVC Lindsay
Lindsay

DISboards Approved Advertiser

That pizza looks absolutely wonderful! I think I know what I'm going to try to recreate for dinner tonight Great trip report so far!
DVC Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:30 PM   #8
katt789
DIS Veteran

Loving the updates! I'm in!

Yay for fun stops on the way to disney, and I love that all your pictures are fun too!

Also, LOVE the Snow White disneybound in the intro post! Super cute!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #9
HarkiQuinn
Mouseketeer

So I want that blueberry cheesecake. >.>

Looks like you guys are having fun, totally joining!

Trip Reports: May 2014 Disneymoon

Family!
Me (25) DH (28) Bugs Deville
HarkiQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #10
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Of course I'm going to be here! I'm pretty sure that's a given now...you have a PTR or TR and I'm joining in! (Whether you want me to or not!! )

Heehee! Hair moustache! They're fun!!

Yay for getting there on time and old castles!!! Also wooo more Andrea pics!!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #11
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDance View Post
Woo so excited for the TR!! Off to a great start, you make me want to actually drive to WDW, looks like fun!
Yay! So glad you are excited! I am excited to relive it!! We used to drive pretty much the 9 hours straight through, I am glad we now break it up on the way down! We did have fun! Sadly though, we do drive home straight through... Thank you for joining in!!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:14 AM   #12
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Lindsay View Post
That pizza looks absolutely wonderful! I think I know what I'm going to try to recreate for dinner tonight Great trip report so far!
OMG, that pizza was sooo good! What a great idea! I should totally try to recreate it at home too!! I saw this really cool thing called kettle pizza that we want for our Weber Grill, so we can try "fired" type pizzas at home!! Thank you so much for commenting!! It's so much fun getting to talk to everyone!!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #13
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Loving the updates! I'm in!

Yay for fun stops on the way to disney, and I love that all your pictures are fun too!

Also, LOVE the Snow White disneybound in the intro post! Super cute!!
Hooray!! I'm glad you love them! It's awesome that you are joining in! So thank you!!

We love taking silly photos! My poor camera though, it is pretty banged up now, on this trip a piece off it fell off at the park never to be seen again

Snow White and Prince Ferdinand Disneybound Day was so fun! Even Snow White herself got super excited when she saw me I think on that trip we did Marlin/Dory, Boba Fett/Stormtrooper for SWW, Bert/Mary Poppins, Ferdinand/Snow White, & Ralph/Vanellope! If you like Disneybounding we did it on this trip too!!! We really enjoy doing it, especially when we have Memory Maker, it makes for better photos!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:37 AM   #14
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkiQuinn View Post
So I want that blueberry cheesecake. >.>

Looks like you guys are having fun, totally joining!
Seriously! I want that Blueberry Cheesecake Again...I have contemplated driving the hour and a half just to get a slice! I wish I could somehow get it to you without it being destroyed because I totally would!

We always have a blast when we go to Disney!! Thank you so much for reading along and joining in!! It really means a lot!!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 AM   #15
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
Of course I'm going to be here! I'm pretty sure that's a given now...you have a PTR or TR and I'm joining in! (Whether you want me to or not!! )

Heehee! Hair moustache! They're fun!!

Yay for getting there on time and old castles!!! Also wooo more Andrea pics!!
Of course we want you here!! At least you never have to wait too long to get one from me

Yeah my hair was whipping like crazy on the front of that boat!! I was hoping it didn't go too crazy, we had to go to dinner afterwards!

Hopefully you will get to see PLENTY of photos and video of me this go round!! If not, we will try again in September

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: