Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #1291
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
Oh ok..completely mis-read the info on his sight. Thanks again.
Yeah, it's my understanding the refurb is starting with the BC rooms and working around the resort counter-clock wise. Starting in Jan 2015.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #1292
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaColon View Post
p.s. my husband actually prefers parking lot views because he enjoys checking up on our car from the comfort of the room haha, but I still book rooms with nicer views!
I actually lilke being able to look out the window and see my car as well, if we drive somewhere. However we fly to WDW and don't rent a car. I like the feeling of being totally submersed in the WDW property.

We have everytime paid for a waterview, preffered, Business Class, or Club Level room at WDW and Universal. I have always felt I got something for it and was glad I did.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #1293
Kristie911
Mouseketeer

Are there coffee pots in the rooms at CSR? And if so, what kind of filter things do they take?
DD Lexi 3

Planning our first family Disney vacation!!

Kristie911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #1294
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband
It was a few yrs back and I didn't pay to close attn but one room we were traveling with had them and it seems like the the normal ones you slip under the mattress
The pack and play was a typical graco fwiw
Lol my DS would wear a pack n play as a hat. He rolls out if bed often but I assume the hotel beds are higher than his toddler bed or our couch.
Hoping they're movable so once we all decide where to sleep I can move it around.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:55 PM   #1295
Bamagirl43
Mouseketeer

Smile CSR Report

We just got back from a 5 night stay at CSR and I wanted to share our experience. Upon check-in I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Our magic bands were checked to insure they were working and since I had done online check-in, the process took about 5 min. I had booked a standard view so I was pleasantly surprised to be staying in Casitas 5 with a beautiful view of the lake. Our room was #5307, on the 3rd floor at the end, and it was clean, comfortable and smelled nice. It was very quiet with little to no foot traffic and felt secluded and private. This was great for us because we like to be able to take a break from all the action. A short walk to the left took us to the Dig Site pool and a short walk to the right to Pepper Market, Maya Grill and Panchito's gift shop. So, excitement was never far away. The grounds were clean and the landscaping beautiful. We ate at Pepper Market twice, for dinner and breakfast. For dinner we had nachos, empanadas, pasta with alfredo and chicken, and kids mac and cheese. For breakfast we had the Mickey waffles, with bacon and fruit. Everything we ate was very good and our food was served on real plates with real flatware which is a plus in my book. We only went to the main pool and my DS7 loved it, especially the slide. As far as transportation, mostly we drove our own car. The few times we took the bus, we didn't have to wait very long. The only problem we had on our visit, was our refrigerator did not work. We called the front desk and the next day they fixed the refrigerator and brought another one as well. So we had two refrigerators for our stay. I will say that we really enjoyed CSR and would love to stay there in the future. This thread has been so helpful to me and I appreciate all the information it provided. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer.
Bamagirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #1297
BABYJOSIE98
DIS Veteran

Talking

Yes Thank you Bamagirl! We are checking in on Nov 1st for the first time!

I have always thought the resort looked beautiful when we drop off guest from the airport on ME.....

So I am actually looking forward to checking this place out...I think it is going to be perfect for our "Girl Trip"! We have no little ones with us this trip...Mom, Cousin and my DD who is 16! Sounds like a perfect relaxing resort for us.

CBR Nov 2001/Wonder Nov 02/S/D April 03/Wonder-ASM Oct 03/Seaworld-2004&05/Magic Oct 2005/BWV May 2006/OKW-Dec 06/POR-Sept 07/F&W S/D Oct 07/AKL-Oct 08/DL CA Oct 09-AKV-OCT 201O-POLY DEC-2010-Disney Dream/AKV May 2011DISNEY DREAM-AKV OCT 2012/AKV MAY 2013
AKV-OCT 2013/PFQ NOV 2013/BW-DTD JUNE 2014
BABYJOSIE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #1298
samanthad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsaColon View Post
Congratulations! I too went to CSR for my college graduation 2 years ago with my then boyfriend (now husband)! We stayed in the Cabanas and couldn't have wished for a better location. It was close to El Centro and the Dig Site and had an amazing view. I just liked the overall feel to it. Parking lot views aren't horrible but are of course less desired than a garden/courtyard/lake view. I don't regret paying a little extra for a better view. It all added into the magic of our trip!

p.s. my husband actually prefers parking lot views because he enjoys checking up on our car from the comfort of the room haha, but I still book rooms with nicer views!
Thanks so much! I love that you went there for your college graduation too it's a fun way to celebrate I think I'll be requesting a water view even though seeing my car would be nice, thanks for the advice!
samanthad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #1299
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

So when I put in my November 2015 dates (not ready to book yet, just want to get a $ estimate), nothing but standard rooms show up as available! There's no way every room in Casitas 1, 2, & 3 is booked across our dates, even if they do include Jersey week, but I'm panicking that there are plans for some aspect of the refurb to continue into November! I ALWAYS PANIC!!!
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #1300
mdgineok
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl43 View Post
We just got back from a 5 night stay at CSR and I wanted to share our experience. Upon check-in I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Our magic bands were checked to insure they were working and since I had done online check-in, the process took about 5 min. I had booked a standard view so I was pleasantly surprised to be staying in Casitas 5 with a beautiful view of the lake. Our room was #5307, on the 3rd floor at the end, and it was clean, comfortable and smelled nice. It was very quiet with little to no foot traffic and felt secluded and private. This was great for us because we like to be able to take a break from all the action. A short walk to the left took us to the Dig Site pool and a short walk to the right to Pepper Market, Maya Grill and Panchito's gift shop. So, excitement was never far away. The grounds were clean and the landscaping beautiful. We ate at Pepper Market twice, for dinner and breakfast. For dinner we had nachos, empanadas, pasta with alfredo and chicken, and kids mac and cheese. For breakfast we had the Mickey waffles, with bacon and fruit. Everything we ate was very good and our food was served on real plates with real flatware which is a plus in my book. We only went to the main pool and my DS7 loved it, especially the slide. As far as transportation, mostly we drove our own car. The few times we took the bus, we didn't have to wait very long. The only problem we had on our visit, was our refrigerator did not work. We called the front desk and the next day they fixed the refrigerator and brought another one as well. So we had two refrigerators for our stay. I will say that we really enjoyed CSR and would love to stay there in the future. This thread has been so helpful to me and I appreciate all the information it provided. If anyone has any questions, I'll be happy to try and answer.
Thanks for the report, it sounds like you had a nice trip.

Mark in MN

Last edited by mdgineok; 07-30-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: grammar
mdgineok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #1301
cmouser973
Earning My Ears

Question BC question

If you have a reservation for bc is that a guarantee that you will be in bc when you check in? We stayed at CSR several years ago and booked a preferred room
but upon check-in they moved us to a standard room because there was no availability for preferred rooms.
cmouser973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #1302
rere101399
Earning My Ears

First timer booked for fall 2015 (yay!) to take a 2 and 4 year old to stay at CSR. I'm curious if people who have cars on site ever choose to drive to get around the resort vs. walk? Not sure what parking is like or if that is realistic? Will we be basically leaving our car parked once we check-in or do some people drive to the parks and around CSR vs. using the busses?
rere101399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #1303
disney1474
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmouser973 View Post
If you have a reservation for bc is that a guarantee that you will be in bc when you check in? We stayed at CSR several years ago and booked a preferred room
but upon check-in they moved us to a standard room because there was no availability for preferred rooms.
BC is a guarantee when booked

DVC MEMBERS AT AKV SINCE MAY 2007
disney1474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #1304
texasmomoftwo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere101399 View Post
First timer booked for fall 2015 (yay!) to take a 2 and 4 year old to stay at CSR. I'm curious if people who have cars on site ever choose to drive to get around the resort vs. walk? Not sure what parking is like or if that is realistic? Will we be basically leaving our car parked once we check-in or do some people drive to the parks and around CSR vs. using the busses?

I have stayed CSR two times. One with a car and one without. I much prefer the flexibility of driving myself to the parks and not waiting for a bus. The parking is great at CSR and you will have no issues parking near your room. There is plenty of availability, even if a convention is booked.
texasmomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #1305
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmouser973 View Post
Yes you will be in BC. It's a guaranteed category. I'm pretty sure if there was an over booking problem they would be upgrading you to Deluxe resort at no charge.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: