Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
TestingH2O
Earning My Ears

AP Question

Does Crush talk to all the tables? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen if all the tables are set up in a way to interact. If not, are there table numbers to request or ways to ask to be seated close to the screens?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing.

We are going on our first cruise in September, and I have been wondering the same thing. My kids love Crush, and that is one thing I'm looking forward to!
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #3
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

No, crush does not talk with each table. There are lots of tables that are too far from the screens for Crush to interact with.

You'll be able to see and hear Crush talking to other tables.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

You can see crush from all the tables but he doesn't talk to each table, it's kind of luck of the draw. As far as requesting a certain table number, they change table numbers for each cruise so you're probably out of luck. You may be able to put in a general request for a table near a screen.
WDW: October 2007-Doubletree Suites, October 2009-All Star Music, October 2011-Contemporary, DCL, Pop Century, June 2013-Beach Club, DCL, Polynesian, 2014-Art of Animation, DCL, 2015-DCL, Art of Animation
DL: Way too many to count
Club Disney Chandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

If you don't get lucky, you can ask your server if there are any open tables in his/her section near a screen. On our first cruise, we were seated by ourselves but there was a large table for 8 near a screen and not being used. So, our server moved us to it for the night. I'm not sure if the table wasn't assigned or if the guests had previously told him they weren't going to be there that night. Regardless, we got lucky.
AnotherPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Yeah, you need to be near a 'big screen' - there are smaller ones and he doesn't stop there. He'll pick from people nearby to interact (not necessarily kids). We got lucky to be next to one during our sailing on the Dream and DS14 got to interact with him.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #7
hardis5
Mouseketeer

Being closer to the screens increases the chance but they still only do a few in each section. What I've noticed is they will choose people that stand out if they have in an area so who Crush is speaking to is not in question and the person knows (or can figure out) they are the one being addressed. One cruise it was the table behind us and someone wearing a plaid shirt. Our last cruise it was our oldest DS wearing a bright green shirt.
hardis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
lorimay
DIS Veteran

We had a table right next to the screen in February and Crush spoke with my grandson and several other tables in the area. It wasn't just the tables around the edge.
But our area was a very small kinda closed off back area so it was easy for Crush to talk to a few tables in the middle also.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #9
Four Swampers
Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

First, remember that Crush is only on the Dream and Fantasy.

Second, in my limited experience (one cruise on Dream and one on Fantasy), Crush is talking TO everyone, but only INTERACTS with some. All of the tables are in sections that have access to Crush. He will come to the big screen in that area, then talk to everyone at about 6 tables (give or take). Obviously, he can't interact with all 30 (or so) people in the section.

Crush is more likely to interact with a cute kid, someone close to the big screen, or someone who speaks loudly and clearly. I was way in the back, and got to interact with Crush because when he swam up and said "Hi" to everyone, I was the only person to loudly and clearly say "Hi Crush!" Crush likes talking to people who can talk back.

I hope your kids get to talk with him; it is a lot of fun.
Four Swampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

And he doesn't always stop at all the big screens. On the Fantasy we had a table right next to one of the big screens and he never even showed up there. We heard him talking to a few other tables (but really, not that many) but we never even saw him at ours.

So it is nice when it happens but don't get your heart set on it, even if you are at one of the tables near the big screens.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Personally, we liked watching Crush and everyone swimming around screen to screen, more than we would have enjoyed actually talking with him. So it was nice that our first cruise we were away from a screen, and the second we weren't close enough but had a GREAT central view of much of the restaurant. Loved watching Bruce the Shark swimming from area to area through the room....

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #12
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

No, he sure doesn't and depending on where you are seated, you may not even be able to hear him interact with the tables he does approach. We were all excited about this experience from reading about it here on the DISBoards, but it turned out to be the worst experience in cruise dining history for us. We had a great experience in WDW at Turtle Talk with Crush-we almost skipped it after our experience on the Fantasy and the CM at the venue talked us into it. We were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we stopped and participated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: