Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 06:14 PM   #151
Cirlonde
Mouseketeer

In case anyone was disappointed because their preferred room wasn't available for a discount, I'd encourage you to check again! All hope is not lost!

I called on the day the Fall room discounts were released, hoping to switch from free dining to a room discount for our Deluxe Studio at Kidani, even though the website showed no rooms available. Unfortunately, the website was right. However, I was bored and browsing the Disney website today, so I decided to just see if anything had changed. Well, sure enough it showed the Deluxe Studio Savannah Views as regular $474 discounted to $402 per night for our trip dates. So I made the call, didn't even have to sit on hold and saved a total of $399.90.

Needless to say, I was thrilled! We would have been happy with the free dining, but it's just my husband and I, so there's no way we would have eaten enough to justify a dining plan...it would have just been a perk. I'm almost glad to be rid of it because now I won't feel obligated to spend time eating at table service restaurants when I'd rather be touring, haha!!
Cirlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #152
burne99
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlonde View Post
In case anyone was disappointed because their preferred room wasn't available for a discount, I'd encourage you to check again! All hope is not lost! I called on the day the Fall room discounts were released, hoping to switch from free dining to a room discount for our Deluxe Studio at Kidani, even though the website showed no rooms available. Unfortunately, the website was right. However, I was bored and browsing the Disney website today, so I decided to just see if anything had changed. Well, sure enough it showed the Deluxe Studio Savannah Views as regular $474 discounted to $402 per night for our trip dates. So I made the call, didn't even have to sit on hold and saved a total of $399.90. Needless to say, I was thrilled! We would have been happy with the free dining, but it's just my husband and I, so there's no way we would have eaten enough to justify a dining plan...it would have just been a perk. I'm almost glad to be rid of it because now I won't feel obligated to spend time eating at table service restaurants when I'd rather be touring, haha!!
Thank you so much for posting! I managed to get $1100 off YC with the late fall discount that wasn't available the day it came out!!!
burne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 AM   #153
Cirlonde
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burne99 View Post
Thank you so much for posting! I managed to get $1100 off YC with the late fall discount that wasn't available the day it came out!!!
Congratulations!! So glad it worked out for you! I didn't think going to WDW could get much more exciting, but saving money just makes it that much better! :D
Cirlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 PM   #154
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Whoo Hoo!!!
I got the yacht club cheaper than the Dolphin for our wine & Food Fest trip!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Fall discounts are live!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...t-hotel-rooms/

Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights October 4 through November 25, and November 29 through December 23, 2014. Book by October 3, 2014.

Explore savings for select Disney Resort hotels within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels Save 20%
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save 15%
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 AM   #155
hoffmase
Earning My Ears

I was hoping to get a room only discount for POR preferred. It appears that those selected rooms are not included.

It's a bummer that I was unable to get free dining or a room only discount for our November trip.
hoffmase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #156
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmase View Post
I was hoping to get a room only discount for POR preferred. It appears that those selected rooms are not included.

It's a bummer that I was unable to get free dining or a room only discount for our November trip.
POR is included. Is it just not avail for your specific dates? Keep checking. Someone may cancel. If all else fails, you can always get a discount of 10-20% if you book through orbitz.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #157
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

count me in Nov 14-16 2014 Art of Animation

jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #158
lucas
°o°

Thanks for the info!

I called when the room only discounts first came out and they didn't have anything for our Thanksgiving dates. After reading posts here, I called again a little while ago and was able to save $24.81 at POP Century. Hey, I'll take it! It was worth checking back!

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #159
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Waiting for AP discount for Nov- maybe tomorrow!!!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #160
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Fall discounts are live!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...t-hotel-rooms/

Save up to 30% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights October 4 through November 25, and November 29 through December 23, 2014. Book by October 3, 2014.

Explore savings for select Disney Resort hotels within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels Save up to 30%
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels Save 20%
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels Save 15%
Bump!
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #161
Mrs Lapo
Mouseketeer

Just an FYI my travel agent called when the discount was first offered & nothing was available. Called today & moved from a regular room to a preferred room for a difference of $2.42. I was excited considering we have an 8 night stay. People commented that it's better to have the preferred rooms bc their closer. I'm traveling with 3 kids & only a stroller for my youngest. So what could have been $80 ($10 more per night) to only cost $2.42 & now I won't have to hear any whining...I consider that a win my friends! Just wanted to share

Mrs Lapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: