Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
amg35
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Magical Express to resort and NOT using luggage tags question.

For various reasons, we have to decided to grab our luggage at the airport and bring it with us on the Magical Express bus for our October trip.

We will have 3 pieces of luggage and two small carry on bags.

First, can we hold our carry on? They aren't big.

Second, you don't tip until after you get off the bus, correct?

And I've read about being told to stay on the bus while they get your luggage or something along those lines? Do we wait until driver tells us to get off the bus?

Never used DME before!

thanks!

amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

The space between the seats in the Magical Express is REALLY small. My 6'2" can barely fit...

But I think (?) there is space near the room so you can store your carry-on. You don't have to hold it on you but you're free to do it.

Yes, you tip them when they drop you off. (Gratuity is accepted and in my opinion, the drivers are nice enough to get tipped at the end of the bus ride...)

p.s.: Magical Express is awesome. The vacation in WDW starts right away. We did not stay in a Disney Resort during our last trip and we really missed it.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg35 View Post
For various reasons, we have to decided to grab our luggage at the airport and bring it with us on the Magical Express bus for our October trip.

We will have 3 pieces of luggage and two small carry on bags.

First, can we hold our carry on? They aren't big.

Second, you don't tip until after you get off the bus, correct?

And I've read about being told to stay on the bus while they get your luggage or something along those lines? Do we wait until driver tells us to get off the bus?

Never used DME before!

thanks!
Yes you can keep smaller bags with you on the bus.

When you get to the resort the driver will announce which resort it is , he will exit and wait at door to help people get off. Then he gets out luggage from underneath.

I tip when I get off if no luggage or give to driver when I get luggage.

There may be 3 stops for resorts but he will clearly say which one it is when stopping, it's always nice to get a peek of some other resorts

Lastly some airlines baggage is on B side of MCO and Magical Espress is on A.

If that's the case get your luggage. Then go to elevator to floor 3. Get off and go across to A side. Then take elevator to first floor. Take a left off elevator and head to end and clearly see/find ME lines.

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17

Last edited by trishadono; 07-24-2014 at 12:16 PM.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
amg35
DIS Veteran

Awesome, thanks guys!!

89 days!! (seems far, but have been waiting over 365!)

amg35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: