Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
jacknsally19
Mouseketeer

GF Concierge Yay or Nay?

Hi guys,

Looking at upgrading to GF concierge in the outer building. For those of you that have experienced it, were you happy with it? Do it again? I'm travelling with a toddler so I thought it would be nice having the access to snacks through out the day and we certainly spend downtime at the hotel

Thanks in advance!
jacknsally19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
tiger4me2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknsally19 View Post
Hi guys,

Looking at upgrading to GF concierge in the outer building. For those of you that have experienced it, were you happy with it? Do it again? I'm travelling with a toddler so I thought it would be nice having the access to snacks through out the day and we certainly spend downtime at the hotel

Thanks in advance!
Hi
I have only stayed at the GF but main building. There is a thread on the GF many this will help. >>>

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3258521
tiger4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

I've seen a lot of people on here say they didn't like it but we were there last september and enjoyed it very much. We thought the location was great, the cms were great, our room was nice and the building was quiet. we always found plenty of tables in the lounge (keep in mind this was sept). we loved being so close to the boats to the magic kingdom and the courtyard pool. the building is very centrally located.

I will admit that we always prefer RPC but SL is nice too and we'd book there again. I agree that its nice with little kids to have access to the lounge.

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
I didn't care for SL. The food offerings were great, but I didn't like the lounge itself as it's located in the lobby as you enter the SL building, which I didn't find too welcoming/relaxing. Also, because of its location in the building, there are no windows/views. I also found it to be small and chaotic with not enough seating to accommodate the number of guests staying there. With that said, I'm glad I got to try SL, but I didn't think the extra cost was worth it and I would book an outer building GV before I'd book SL again (that's just me).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
jacknsally19
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the feedback! I decided to go for it... I've never stayed club level at any WDW resort so it will be a nice opportunity. Given the recent fall discount, its actually cheaper than what I would've paid at the Contemporary!
jacknsally19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I decided to go for it... I've never stayed club level at any WDW resort so it will be a nice opportunity. Given the recent fall discount, its actually cheaper than what I would've paid at the Contemporary!
good! I think you'll enjoy it!

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #7
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519 View Post
I've seen a lot of people on here say they didn't like it but we were there last september and enjoyed it very much. We thought the location was great, the cms were great, our room was nice and the building was quiet. we always found plenty of tables in the lounge (keep in mind this was sept). we loved being so close to the boats to the magic kingdom and the courtyard pool. the building is very centrally located.

I will admit that we always prefer RPC but SL is nice too and we'd book there again. I agree that its nice with little kids to have access to the lounge.
That's good to hear. SL is getting slammed a lot and has me worried. We booked 2 nights out of our 14 day stay at GF in SL as a special surprise for my daughters. We've really enjoyed BC & AKL CL, and was looking forward to trying SL.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: