Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 PM   #76
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
This is the worst of choices to date so far..I do realize that Disney owes me no discounts and it is Great and well appreaciated when they do... however just bumed I will now start checking out the Swan/Dolphin Resorts.. Nov.30-Dec.-7th..
I have GF GV for 11/30-12/8. Went thru orbitz for additional 20% off. They had different avail vs what Disney had too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
I've done this before. Booked more nights than I needed & called later to drop some. Have been able keep the discount rate no problem. Unfortunate that you have to sometimes know how to play Disney's game.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
Your right, Disney owes us no discounts, but then I don't owe them my hard earned and saved vacation dollars.

This was a real iffy year for us. We have been extremely fortunate to go in 2010 & 2012, but it wasn't really on the radar for this year until the DW started bugging me about it back in May or so.

Unfortunately the free dining offer excluded our dates and resort and this new release just isn't enough incentive (assuming we can even find availability) for us to down. Deluxes for our desired time period 11/29-12/7 are only 25% and most likely we'd go down 11/28 which means we'd have to pay full rack rate (at premium rates) for one night.

Sad day, was hoping for better news.
Try orbitz with the promo code stacked on fall discount. They have more avail than wdw.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesignlanguage View Post
Even with the REVIEW 15 on Orbitz, the price is 1.00 or so more than what I can get online at WDW's website....is this right??
Do you have kids on the ressie? If so, remove them so it is just 2 adults. That will give you the correct price. THen call orbitz and tell them that they need to call wdw cro to add on your children without charging for them, as Disney doesn't charge for kids in a room. I have had to do this the past 2 years, but it's worth it to save hundreds of dollars! As soon as I got off the phone with orbitz I checked MDE and the kids were in there.

I had a promo email for 20% off orbitz. Applied that and the fall discount for a 8 night stay at GF GV 11/30-12/8 for $2870! That's about $600 less than through Disney directly. Yippee!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #77
twinnybelles
Mouseketeer

Does anyone have any guesses as to WHY the week of nov. 8-16 would be a lesser discount ( only 25%)?

( PRINCESS MOMMY 49 )
: ( PRINCE DADDY 49 )
(DD 10) ( DD 10 )
twinnybelles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2014, 03:52 AM   #78
twocat
DIS Veteran

Location: Tampa Bay area. 80 miles door-to-door to Disney!! Formerly NW Suburban Chicago

For October 20-25th at POR.

HAD a Regular Room, Garden view for $190.
GOT a Royal Room, River view for $187.50.

Didn't save much but I'm definitely getting a better room and location and I'm very happy about that.

BTW, I called around 6:30 pm EDT and that is the ONLY discount that was available at POR.

twocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #79
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

For those of you that tried to get a discount yesterday with no luck try again!

Yesterday there was nothing available at GF for our dates. Well, this morning I checked online and LV rooms were available. I called to make the upgrade from GV to LV with the discount and saved over $600.

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
HeyIt'sMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #80
princessmj
Earning My Ears

Called back this morning and there are now discounted rooms at All-Star Sports. Switched back from Pop for a total savings of $129 from the original reservation.

they can't hit ya - Bawb
"You can design and create and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make that dream a reality." Walt Disney
princessmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 AM   #81
Lauradon7
Earning My Ears

Well success. I called last night. I asked the CM about it showing no discount for oct 19-23 at POR which I already have a reservation for but when I put in oct 19- 26. The discount came up which I thought was wrong of Disney. I straight out asked her is I could just reserve for longer then take away days and still get discount? She could not answer this so put me on hold to ask. After waiting 30 minutes she came back and said they would apply the discount to my days! Saved like $170! Yea!
Lauradon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:43 AM   #82
MegMac
Earning My Ears

This discount hasn't helped us at all...going Oct 2 - 8. Would have to do separate reservations, PLUS there's no availability other than suites (around $7000). Really hopeful for the Annual Pass discount soon...otherwise we are paying full price...which would be the first trip we haven't gotten some form of a discount (Room Discount/Free Dining) in well over 6 years.
MegMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #83
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegMac View Post
This discount hasn't helped us at all...going Oct 2 - 8. Would have to do separate reservations, PLUS there's no availability other than suites (around $7000). Really hopeful for the Annual Pass discount soon...otherwise we are paying full price...which would be the first trip we haven't gotten some form of a discount (Room Discount/Free Dining) in well over 6 years.
Your dates are during the Gartner Symposium, Oct 5-9th. It is a huge convention. Unfortunately, I've noticed in years past that availability and discounts are hard to come by during Gartner dates.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #84
jlh512
Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinnybelles View Post
Does anyone have any guesses as to WHY the week of nov. 8-16 would be a lesser discount ( only 25%)?
It's Veterans Day weekend, Jersey week, the last weekend of the Food and Wine Festival, and the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
'85-Offsite / '90-Contemporary / '92, '95, '99 -Offsite / '02-WDW Dolphin / '03-Rental House / '04-POP Century / '05-All Star Movies / '06-Beach Club & DCL / '07-POP Century & Boardwalk / '09-Port Orleans French Quarter / '10-Yacht Club / '11-Paradise Pier (Disneyland) & Boardwalk / '12 Pop & Beach Club / '13 Disneyland Offsite & Yacht Club / '14 Yacht Club

jlh512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #85
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegMac View Post
I'm also waiting for the AP discounts so I can add the dining plan. It's like torture watching the availability diminish as I sit here and wait for who knows how long.

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Nicole786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #86
MamaBear58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I'm also waiting for the AP discounts so I can add the dining plan. It's like torture watching the availability diminish as I sit here and wait for who knows how long.
Do we really think there will be AP discounts if there is so limited availability now?
MamaBear58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #87
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBear58 View Post
Do we really think there will be AP discounts if there is so limited availability now?
There's never been an instance where there aren't pass holder rates released, even with limited availability. its the only way to add the dining plan without tickets.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #88
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you have a room reservation, you can add the DDP now. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and an AP + Dine package booked (requiring a new deposit), but you can do that at any time, not just when room discounts are offered.

Quote:
There's never been an instance where there aren't pass holder rates released, even with limited availability. its the only way to add the dining plan without tickets.
There doesn't have to be an AP discount released to add the DDP as you can book the DDP + room at rack rate (AP ticketless package). Also, a few months ago, Disney was offering everybody the chance to book a room + DDP (not just AP holders) without having to buy tickets. Nobody knows if this will become a permanent thing or not, but if I remember right, it was being offered through mid December.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #89
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
If you have a room reservation, you can add the DDP now. The RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and an AP + Dine package booked (requiring a new deposit), but you can do that at any time, not just when room discounts are offered.

There doesn't have to be an AP discount released to add the DDP as you can book the DDP + room at rack rate (AP ticketless package). Also, a few months ago, Disney was offering everybody the chance to book a room + DDP (not just AP holders) without having to buy tickets. Nobody knows if this will become a permanent thing or not, but if I remember right, it was being offered through mid December.
I booked a room under the GP discount that was offered, and while I was on the phone, inquired about adding the dining plan without the pass holder rates. The CM said it would have to be under the umbrella of a pass holder rate, and being that the current one expires 9/27 we should see the next one in the next few weeks. (early August, which is my guess as well, August 5th is on my calendar as my official prediction lol)

I've had to book AP+DDP the past 4 or 5 years (whenever they started allowing APs to book dining plans) and there's never been a time where they didn't release rates. My concern isn't that they won't release the rates, my concern is that by the time they do, availability will be worse then it is now. Lucky for me, my trip dates are September 28th-October 5th (literally 1 day after the current AP promotion haha!) so I hope I can get into AKL, if I can't, i'll just keep my room only reservation and not get the DDP

Whats even more frustrating is the 60 days for FP+ thing. It's definitely not fair that I have every intention of booking a room prior to the 60 day cutoff, but because of Disney's weird timing with releasing promotions, if I didn't book a RO, i'd be out of luck.

I wish we could go back to when AP rates/discounts were a "perk" of the program, and were released before the GP promotions. I also don't see booking rack rate + DDP as a fair option. I shouldn't be "penalized" for wanting to add a Dining Plan, just because I'm a pass holder that doesn't need tickets. I would just add 1 day tickets to my RO, and add the DDP that way

Sorry, this is just really frustrating.

Last edited by Nicole786; 07-24-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #90
Rosiemadison
Earning My Ears

GF themepark view discount?

I had a GF themepark view room booked for Oct 24-27. I called yesterday and, after getting off hold, was told I could get the discount for a garden view room. the savings was more than $1,000, so I couldn't pass it up. I do wonder, though, if anyone else has been able to get the discount on a themepark view room at GF?
Rosiemadison is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: