Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Lost163
Earning My Ears

Caribbean vs POR

So here's my dilemma. I'd like to stay at POR but have free dining at CBR. My husband wants to upgrade to deluxe so to stay at POR we would have to spend 1400.00 more. I'm nervous about CBR due to mixed reviews. I have lupus so and I'm concerned about this trip due to sone mobility issues. Is CBR that bad or should I spend money for POR.
Lost163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

We were big POR fans until our first stay at CBR due to Free Dining. We haven't been able to stay anywhere else since. It has become our favorite moderate and is definitely "home" to us. POR is a great resort too, but CBR has a more laid back relaxed feel. Even when it's at capacity, it never feels like it. Every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool so you will be close to both no matter what. We like the food court and pool better than POR. You can't really go wrong with either one, we just happen to really prefer CBR.

Come check out the CBR FAQ Thread if you have any questions.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285736
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

At the moment CBR is in the middle of a full room rehab. This will include replacing double beds with queen beds. I can tell you there is something to be said about staying in a newly remodeled moderate WDW resort room. They began this rehab somewhere around April 2014, and to date they are almost done with two of the six room sections as I understand. I would predict a section complete with every 2 months. With every passing month you'll have a better and better chance of getting one of those brand new rooms.

I'm not sure how lupus is affecting you. If you need a short walk to the main pool and food court I would suggest a preferred room over there (I don't think they have worked on remodeling the preferred sections yet but they are very close to the main pool/food court. You could also state on your room request your needs because of your medical condition, as well as restate your needs at check in. You might end up with a super close preferred room. The CBR pool has a zero entry section as well as a step in section.

If your stay is coming up soon and you're worried about getting an older room, your worries are warranted. Also, it is a large and spread out resort and if you need a short walk you would need to get placed in one of those preferred rooms. Other than that, I can not think of any other things you should be worried about. It is a fantastic resort. If you liked POR, I think you'll like CBR.
jperrot1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
maryj11
DIS Veteran

I have stayed at POR twice and really like the resort, it is beautiful.
We are thinking of staying at CBR or AKL our next trip. From the pictures CBR looks like a beautiful resort also.
I think it all depends on what theme you prefer. If you have mobility issues I would book a preferred room at either resort and look at the maps to add a rebuilding request so you can be close to the buses, food ect..

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: