Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Philagoofy
Guess my favorite dog!
You must accept dust. You must become friends with dust. You are one with dust.

All Star Sports

We finally decided to go to WDW this year, yea!! It's been 6 years. We usually stay at Movies, Music or Pop but those places are not available with free dining on the dates I'm planning. All Star Sports is available though. I'm just a little wary, having heard that this may be a little more of a "rambunctious" resort than the others. The time I'm planning is the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. I looked up to see when Pop Warner would be going to Disney & they will be there in Dec. I'm not sure what other groups go to Sports.

Anyone with experience in staying at Sports around the time I planned? I could skip the free dining & stay at one of the other places with the 30% discount. I know none of the All Stars are going to be totally quiet but I don't want to hear crowds all night long.

Thanks for any help.
Philagoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
Terpgirl79
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you and I will be there at the same time. I'm having the same concerns as you. I haven't stayed there in many years usually choosing POP or music. I figure I'll give it a shot and if my husband and I have an issue we'll ask to be moved but I figure at check in I'll ask for a quieter part of the resort. We'll be traveling with our baby and don't really want screaming going on outside when trying to sleep.
Terpgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We prefer Sports over any of the other values. I have had more issue at Music with noise, etc than any other values. You will be fine, enjoy!!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
Happy2BGoofy
Mouseketeer

I agree with previous post about other value resorts being noisy. DGF stayed at DASS and she said that it was fine. You can ultimately request a quieter room in the resort although it will mean a further walk to the bus stop.

WDW Trips:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov - 2010; Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Aug - 2011; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Feb - 2012; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Aug - 2012; Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Feb - 2013; Disney's All-Stars Music Resort Aug - 2013; Disney's Pop Century Resort Dec - 2013; COMING-UP: Disney's Cruise Line - Dream & Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Nov - 2014
Happy2BGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

I've stayed at Sports around that time period (it's been a while back). I don't remember anything out of the ordinary that would make me want to avoid it.

I don't remember lots of groups staying there or any type of excessive noise.

My vote would be that Sports would be fine.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
Philagoofy
Guess my favorite dog!
You must accept dust. You must become friends with dust. You are one with dust.

Ok, thanks. Maybe my memory is off about what I've read of Sports in the past. I don't mind staying further away, I usually request that anyway!
Philagoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Big POP fan here...

Just got back from ASSports. I had never stayed there but my DS/DD had with school groups. We never heard a peep around our room. I'm sure they had a good percentage staying based on the cars in the parking lot.

I was pleasantly surprised the room seemed so fresh, as if recently painted, the shower curtain and curtain by bathroom were so cute, housekeeping was good and I would return again. The food court is only 6 months old so all the seating etc are new, the staff there was very friendly and everything was cooked to order. It was mostly your basics but certainly doable. We ate two dinners there.

Thought the theme was really cute and well done. We walked baseball, football and the main area surfing. Thought the two pools we saw were well done, they had movies at night - Frozen was playing - so a full house. Seemed like lots of activities around main pool. I would not want to stay by it, it was noisy but not in an awful way, just kids enjoying the pool.

I liked it enough to move it up on my "mouse ratings" below.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
ArtsyMum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
Just got back from ASSports. I had never stayed there but my DS/DD had with school groups. We never heard a peep around our room. I'm sure they had a good percentage staying based on the cars in the parking lot. I was pleasantly surprised the room seemed so fresh, as if recently painted, the shower curtain and curtain by bathroom were so cute, housekeeping was good and I would return again. The food court is only 6 months old so all the seating etc are new, the staff there was very friendly and everything was cooked to order. It was mostly your basics but certainly doable. We ate two dinners there. Thought the theme was really cute and well done. We walked baseball, football and the main area surfing. Thought the two pools we saw were well done, they had movies at night - Frozen was playing - so a full house. Seemed like lots of activities around main pool. I would not want to stay by it, it was noisy but not in an awful way, just kids enjoying the pool. I liked it enough to move it up on my "mouse ratings" below.
Thank you for your review. I was also hesitant about this one, but you reassured me. We wanted to stay at AoA, but no free dining. Plus my boys didn't want to stay in Mermaid and DH and I did not want to pay more for the bigger rooms in Cars or Lion King. So All Star Sports it is.
ArtsyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #9
Hipcat
Earning My Ears

It's a great resort. We stayed in the tennis building, and even with the room renovations it was quite. I think one person passed our room in the 9 days we were there. The busses were empty. I think we shared with the other resorts maybe once or twice on very quite afternoons.

The only thing I will warn you about is with the renovations of the next door food court, it's going to be bedlam if you eat at typical times.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philagoofy View Post
We finally decided to go to WDW this year, yea!! It's been 6 years. We usually stay at Movies, Music or Pop but those places are not available with free dining on the dates I'm planning. All Star Sports is available though. I'm just a little wary, having heard that this may be a little more of a "rambunctious" resort than the others. The time I'm planning is the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. I looked up to see when Pop Warner would be going to Disney & they will be there in Dec. I'm not sure what other groups go to Sports.

Anyone with experience in staying at Sports around the time I planned? I could skip the free dining & stay at one of the other places with the 30% discount. I know none of the All Stars are going to be totally quiet but I don't want to hear crowds all night long.

Thanks for any help.
I love Sports and have stayed there 21 times.

It was my First Visit Resort so it has a lot of sentimental value(no pun intended).

The place is in great shape:

The Football Field in Touchdown! was refurbed fairly recently.
A Soft Goods refurb was done in Spring,2013
End Zone Food Court was completely rebuilt last year.

The Groups don't bother me,but many Guests don't like them.

You should be fine with your dates-there may be some small competitions at ESPN WWoS,but I don't know of any large groups that would be at Sports for your dates.

Some HEAVY Group times are Pop Warner in early December,Cheer and Dance Worlds late April/early May and,of course July is the famous South American Tour Group season.

I just got back from Sports and spent a week living at Sports with hundreds of them.

I met many of them and most of them are really nice,typical 15 year olds.

(Well,there was that one "incident" in End Zone Food Court during the Argentina-Germany World Cup Final!).

Have fun on your trip!Just don't go to Sports in July if you don't like Groups!

There may be a "few" there then.lol

WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: