Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I wrote an in depth trip report comparing the 2 ships. The link is in my signature.

The Dream has the Aqua Duck where the Magic has the Aqua Dunk, the Dream has the mid-ship Detective Agency and the Magic does not, the Dream has the on demand movies and the Magic does not. None of this made a real difference to us but we have found that we prefer the Dream.
Thanks so much! I will check out your trip report

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Dream
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #17
ptcbass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPrincessMermaids View Post
The Dream is DEFINITELY a better choice than the Magic for teens. Although the Magic has some superhero tie-ins that the others don't. But pirate night is MUCH cooler with Jack Sparrow sparring with pirates on the deck of the Dream instead of characters dancing and Mickey coming down the zipline on the Magic. The show productions are better and bigger too. AP with Crush is cooler than dancing stick figures too, although the technology is great.
My son would probably like the Vibe on the Dream better because it is such a larger area. Now if they let me go down the zipline on the Magic that would be cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eroller View Post
Great pics thank you! As a partnered adult with no kids I think the MAGIC will be a better experience over the DREAM. The adult-only pool is much better and new new nightclubs look awesome. Also I think the MAGIC will feel much less crowded and the cabins are a tad larger.

We loved our multiple cruises on the DREAM, but our first Disney cruise was on the WONDER and we fell in love with the entire experience. In many ways we preferred the smaller ship, but of course the DREAM has the WOW factor. I think the MAGIC will be a perfect mix between the two. At least I hope so!
It is funny how your first cruise really does influence how much you love that ship (or ones in the same category). Since the Dream was our first and we LOVED it I am not sure we could feel the same way about the smaller ships. I would love to try the Fantasy to see how it compares though.

Thanks!

1995 CBR, 2000 OKW, 2005 POP, 2008 ASSp, 2010 Pop and POR, 2014 POR and DCL Dream, 2015 Dream
ptcbass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #18
eroller
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcbass View Post

It is funny how your first cruise really does influence how much you love that ship (or ones in the same category). Since the Dream was our first and we LOVED it I am not sure we could feel the same way about the smaller ships. I would love to try the Fantasy to see how it compares though.

Thanks!

I agree! My favorite DCL production is still Toy Story on the DISNEY WONDER. I thought it was beyond awesome. I wonder if I went back now and saw it if I would still be as impressed? As you say, the first time does have special meaning and impact.

Our last two Disney cruises were on the DREAM, so we have sort of gotten used to that ship and love her … but we still harken back to that first DISNEY WONDER cruise. I wonder if we will be as impressed with MAGIC. I'm hoping so!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: