Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #796
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Wow. That's all I can say about your tablemates.

I love funnel vision! I love watching movies up there too!

You are making me anxious for my cruise in 60 days. :0)

Jill in CO
Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #797
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Those table mates of yours are something else, aren't they?! Panic attack my butt. I wasn't even there and it doesn't sound like a panic attack to me, either.

LOVE Funnel Vision movies! And there IS something incredible about that pizza and chicken fingers on deck - SO good.
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #798
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Yay to resolution of the table mate mystery! Funny how everyone has their own thing on a Disney cruise. I wasn't all that fond of Funnel Vision (found it hard to hear with all the ambient noise) and while I was grateful for Pluto's, I preferred to get my meals elsewhere when I could. But thats the beauty of the cruise line, something for everyone.

I as going to ask if you were keeping in touch with Josh's friend? They look so cute! What about the tablemates? Love Triton's for dinner!

Oh and thanks if you add me to the other cruise group. I've been REALLY busy for the last 10 days. I have 10 days of reduced busy-ness, before it amps up again, this time for almost three weeks. Then we finally have a break for two months before our next cruise! Our PiF date is just around the corner!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 07-21-2014 at 11:41 PM.
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #800
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Your tablemates really were a walking and talking disaster area. In all my cruises, I have yet to manage watching a movie up on deck.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #801
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

That was very neat to watch Up on the Funnel Vision and be out right next to the pool.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:57 AM   #802
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practise to deceive.

I'm waiting for the next installment. I suspect there is a lot more of this story to come.

Foolish Mortals, indeed!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #803
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What a train wreck, it is making me a bit sad actually reading about it. Kind of painful to watch I'd imagine.

The E's LOVE funnel vision.

I confess, we've never actually hung out and watched it! We are always next door at the adult pool.

The boys though...they will turn into prunes watching movie after movie after movie if they can.

Or at least they would then, who knows now, they might be "tool cool".

Sniff.

Josh does look cozy in the hot tub.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #804
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow. That's all I can say about your tablemates.

I love funnel vision! I love watching movies up there too!

You are making me anxious for my cruise in 60 days. :0)

Jill in CO
60 days! I'd be excited too! I guess it's 59 now. Is this the cruise with Cynthia?

I think Funnel vision is brilliant. The sea air coupled with a Disney movie, heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Those table mates of yours are something else, aren't they?! Panic attack my butt. I wasn't even there and it doesn't sound like a panic attack to me, either.

LOVE Funnel Vision movies! And there IS something incredible about that pizza and chicken fingers on deck - SO good.

The pizza is incredible. Maybe it's the venue? I can imagine celery would taste good on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay to resolution of the table mate mystery! Funny how everyone has their own thing on a Disney cruise. I wasn't all that fond of Funnel Vision (found it hard to hear with all the ambient noise) and while I was grateful for Pluto's, I preferred to get my meals elsewhere when I could. But thats the beauty of the cruise line, something for everyone.

I as going to ask if you were keeping in touch with Josh's friend? They look so cute! What about the tablemates? Love Triton's for dinner!

Oh and thanks if you add me to the other cruise group. I've been REALLY busy for the last 10 days. I have 10 days of reduced busy-ness, before it amps up again, this time for almost three weeks. Then we finally have a break for two months before our next cruise! Our PiF date is just around the corner!

Yay for your PiF date. That makes it so real.

Joshua's friend was super sweet. Very nice girl. Played soccer too.

Tritons was delicious. I'll get there soon. It's a gorgeous restaurant too. Like the dimmer lighting. It was very relaxing.

I agree, Disney really does have something for everyone. They cover all of their bases. If the weather allows, I will always choose to be outdoors vs indoor. I think that's why a verandah is so appealing so I get the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Watching 'Up' on deck is my idea of heaven :-)
Kindred spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Your tablemates really were a walking and talking disaster area. In all my cruises, I have yet to manage watching a movie up on deck.

Corinna
I'll take character pics if you try a movie on deck. Deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
That was very neat to watch Up on the Funnel Vision and be out right next to the pool.

Its amazing. I think you'd really like it. It almost feels surreal, like a dream, being on a Disney cruise, watching a movie on the open seas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we first practise to deceive.

I'm waiting for the next installment. I suspect there is a lot more of this story to come.

Foolish Mortals, indeed!

Yes that exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a train wreck, it is making me a bit sad actually reading about it. Kind of painful to watch I'd imagine.

The E's LOVE funnel vision.

I confess, we've never actually hung out and watched it! We are always next door at the adult pool.

The boys though...they will turn into prunes watching movie after movie after movie if they can.

Or at least they would then, who knows now, they might be "tool cool".

Sniff.

Josh does look cozy in the hot tub.

I don't want you sad. I try to warn you but be aware it gets worse. They kid and her boyfriend were just so totally obnoxious. Maybe I should paint a less empathetic picture.

He loved that hot tub, was in it daily.

I don't watch Funnel vision in the pool. I'm on a nice lounge chair. The idea of wet and windy sounds terrible but the kids didn't seem to mind. Crazies.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #805
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

You're so right, its surreal being in the middle of the ocean watching a movie on an open deck. And we were the only ones out there I think. Just an awesome thing

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #806
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
You're so right, its surreal being in the middle of the ocean watching a movie on an open deck. And we were the only ones out there I think. Just an awesome thing

It's amazing! One of my favorites parts of the cruise.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #807
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I have never watched a movie on deck.

Putting it on the list for our 8/16 cruise.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:38 PM   #808
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I have never watched a movie on deck. Putting it on the list for our 8/16 cruise.

Its really mellow and wonderful. Let me know what you think. It's not exciting but when you really think about it, at least for me, being on the water and Disney are two of my most favorite things. Sharing both with people I love? Nirvana. I swear I don't work for Disney.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:31 AM   #809
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Oh yeah panic attack...NOT!

It will be interesting to hear the next what the installment of the "tablemates family drama" as I'm sure there's more to come.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:47 AM   #810
MEK
DIS Veteran

Sometimes you can't make this stuff up!

I am anxiously awaiting the unraveling of the table mates. I am so into drama like that!

Beautiful pics of the boat. It looks like a simply amazing afternoon and I'm glad that you, Pam, Joshua, and Ellie look like you are having a fab time!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: