Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #1
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

Suggestions for third bed?

We have a free dining pin and were booked at POR with a request for Alligator Bayou over Christmas. There are four of us and I chose that hoping for the pull down bed for my 4 year old. She's a bed hog and difficult to sleep with.

Our dates shifted because of significant savings in air fare and we had to switch resorts to POFQ. I like the idea of a smaller resort and one bus stop. But I hate to give up that extra bed.

I will keep checking for POR availability. But I'd appreciate any other thoughts on this. Other resorts I should check? (Cost is definitely a concern and we wouldn't want to spend a lot more). Travel toddler bed of some sort that would fit in the room and be permissible? My thought at the moment is that we will take turns sleeping with her so hopefully no one person gets too sleep deprived. Lol.
Crl1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

CBR is currently going through a room refurb which includes getting queen beds and some rooms getting a Murphy Bed like the AB rooms at POR. By December I suspect they will be at about 75 % complete so that is an option. Plus CBR has the largest rooms of the Moderates so even more space for a blow up mattress.

And if you stay at POFQ, I would suggest a blow up mattress. We have used them before for violent sleepers and they work out great. During the day, just lean them up against the wall so you don't lose floor space.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Why not just bring a child size air mattress? Lean it against a wall when not in use.

ETA: Dansdad, it seems that great minds think alike.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We had a blow up toddler bed when my oldest was little. We pitched it as it had a leak and he had outgrown it. We could definitely re-buy. I haven't stayed at a moderate at disney before so I wasn't sure about floor space and whether there are any rules against such things (I wouldn't think so but since they don't have roll a always I though maybe. . . .).

I will check out CBR.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #5
deakam
DIS Veteran

I have teen monster sleepers. We take a blow up bed every year. I buy the cheap ones and then toss it so I have extra room for Disney stuff. Last year I paid under $15.00. The twin size fits perfectly between the bed and the door with plenty of room to still open the door. I also packed our own sheet but mousekeeping did supply extra pillows and blankets. By the way----love love love POFQ.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakam View Post
I have teen monster sleepers. We take a blow up bed every year. I buy the cheap ones and then toss it so I have extra room for Disney stuff. Last year I paid under $15.00. The twin size fits perfectly between the bed and the door with plenty of room to still open the door. I also packed our own sheet but mousekeeping did supply extra pillows and blankets. By the way----love love love POFQ.
Thank you! I appreciate the tip on fitting the bed in and am so grateful to hear that you got extra pillows and blankets, I was wondering if we would need to pack that stuff too. Maybe a twin would be a good plan as then ds could also sleep on it if that worked better. I just know we will all have a better vacation if we can sleep decently.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:41 AM   #7
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Why not just bring a child size air mattress? Lean it against a wall when not in use.

ETA: Dansdad, it seems that great minds think alike.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #8
Happy Snowman
DIS Veteran

I would get a regular twin sized one. They are easier to find and give you more flexibility. Not sure if you are flying or driving but the electric pumps for them are nice to have. There are some that auto-inflate now too, but they are more expensive. You could maybe ship the bed and pump to and from the resort if you are flying.
Happy Snowman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #9
digiMom
DIS Veteran

This older post has some pics. The bottom post is helpful.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568609

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #10
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We pack a toddler bed cot for my daughter. It is perfect for her to sleep on and is only 48 inches long so it takes up no space. You can walk around it with no problem. It is lightweight and my husband simply puts it in his suitcase. If you don't want to take up as much space. I would look into it. Works perfectly for us and my DD and DS don't have to share a bed.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #11
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

We are flying.

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #12
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

I'd you have an extra bag, I would buy a twin aero bed. They have some that you just plug in and they just inflate. Really nice. And it deflates just as easily. I have one that we travel with. I pack a set of sheets and a light blanket in a duffle bag with the aero bed. When it's not in use, just plop it up against the wall.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #13
Crl1817
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We are flying southwest, so baggage shouldn't be a problem. We are leaning towards a twin so that older ds could sleep on it too. Our trip is a few months away so we will keep checking for POR availability and also on the progress and availability of rooms with a pull down at CBR. Glad to have some solid alternatives so we can work it out whichever resort we end up at. M

Thank you all so much!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

I'd order one from Amazon and have it shipped to your resort.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: