Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM   #526
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamieMom View Post
Thanks for that information! I was thinking we would be ok with any mod or deluxe if we can't get a WC room. Guess not. Whoops. Do you know (if you can say) whether there is any correlation to the rooms showing available on the general website and those available to CMs? I'd like to do as much legwork for her as possible. It takes a while when searching for accessible rooms to wade through the Florida special/hearing accessible/wc accessible options. I don't know if it is as cumbersome on the CM site. Thanks again.
Nope. Just like with other discounts there is limited availability, so what you see on the website isn't accurate in regards to the CM discount.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #527
Ash aka sky
Friend to Mickey

I am guessing there is no discount info for late Jan early Feb 2015 discounts out for F&F... Does anyone remember what is typical for this time of year or has anyone gone with F&F discounts previously in this time zone?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #528
VanessaDisney4L
Earning My Ears

Question for Cast Members.... What is the fiscal year for using the FF discount? I know you are only allotted 4 per year but when is that year up?

VanessaDisney4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #529
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
The HUB doesn't show discounted dining plans. Right now that time is 40% off with no discount on the DDP.
My husband has only been working at Disney since the beginning of June and we are still figuring the discount stuff out. We have friends visiting in Oct and he found where to check rates on The HUB, but we haven't seen any option to add the dining plan. How would you know if the DDP is being discounted, and is it available to add at regular price?
MickeyMinnie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #530
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash aka sky View Post
I am guessing there is no discount info for late Jan early Feb 2015 discounts out for F&F... Does anyone remember what is typical for this time of year or has anyone gone with F&F discounts previously in this time zone?
My DH is a CM. It only goes thru the end of the year right now. We have been keeping a check on it because we have friends planning a visit in January.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #531
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
My husband has only been working at Disney since the beginning of June and we are still figuring the discount stuff out. We have friends visiting in Oct and he found where to check rates on The HUB, but we haven't seen any option to add the dining plan. How would you know if the DDP is being discounted, and is it available to add at regular price?
You need to call for the dining plan I believe. And since you'd also need to call for the deeper room discount/discounted DDP I'd just call anyway.

I don't believe any of that is out for October now anyway, but the full price DDP can be added.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #532
Narawen
Mouseketeer

Question for F&F. Last year I went for a weekend trip and my cousin was able to apply his F&F discount using my confirmation number after I had booked the resort. Can anyone confirm this can still be done, or does he need to book it from the get-go?

Trying to book my resort soon but I don't think I'll be seeing him for a few weeks, at least.
2010: Pop Century 2011: Coronado Springs
2012 : Coronado Springs 2013: Coronado Springs
October 2014: Caribbean Beach

Narawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:37 PM   #533
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
You need to call for the dining plan I believe. And since you'd also need to call for the deeper room discount/discounted DDP I'd just call anyway. I don't believe any of that is out for October now anyway, but the full price DDP can be added.
Thanks!
Old 07-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #534
disney516
Mouseketeer

Dining plan availability?

Hi, I have already had my room booked as the cast member discount since I was a campus rep. However, the program is no longer being used so I went seasonal. I will not regain my hub access until August 1st and my trip is August 6th. Does anyone know if the dining plan discount is available for that week yet and how much it is per day?
disney516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #535
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narawen View Post
Question for F&F. Last year I went for a weekend trip and my cousin was able to apply his F&F discount using my confirmation number after I had booked the resort. Can anyone confirm this can still be done, or does he need to book it from the get-go? Trying to book my resort soon but I don't think I'll be seeing him for a few weeks, at least.
Depends what you have and what you're going to. Room only usually isn't a problem to apply the discount to, but no guarantees.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 PM   #536
MLC
Mommy to 2 Princesses and a Pirate.

Is there a discount for park tickets?
Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #537
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLC View Post
Is there a discount for park tickets?
The CM would need to call Company D.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:51 PM   #538
WindyCityGirl23
Earning My Ears

Hi All!

I have been reading older posts trying to understand the "workings" of the FF discount... I just want to make sure I have it down, and ask a few questions...

- my CM friend can look on the HUB for information on availability and rates of hotels (usually 40%), and she would need to make the reservation, but once that is done, I can call to change the reservation/ look for deeper discounts? And I can only do that 21 days in advance?

- to book the DDP, not QS, she would need to book that at the time of the hotel booking? Currently there are no discounts for our travel dates (Oct 11-15), but there may be a DDP discount 21 days out? And it would be easier to change from a package reservation to a package reservation (40%+ no DDP discount to a potential 50%+DDP discount) vs. a RO rate to a package rate?

- my CM can get park tickets, at 10% off, but then we will not be able to do 60 day Fast Pass+ reservations?

- do CMs get discounts on the Disney Cruise Line for FF?

- are discounts offered for holiday events, such as the Halloween Party when we will be there? If not, I can purchase on my own and I can use that ticket number to at least make 1-2 FP+ reservations 60 days out?

- I had originally thought she would be able to get discounts at any resort, but it seems there is a limited amount to be had, and the common ones mentioned on here, CBR and AKL for example, is what she priced for me today. What are the chances places like WL or CR will come up? Will I need to call daily and check- totally can, but what a pain in the tushy!

Thank you for all the help. Like most posters, just trying to get the 'most bang for our buck' and a little nervous about everything seeming so up in the air, especially when bringing DD (18 mos) for her first Disney Experience! Thank you!!!
WindyCityGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #539
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityGirl23 View Post
Hi All! I have been reading older posts trying to understand the "workings" of the FF discount... I just want to make sure I have it down, and ask a few questions... - my CM friend can look on the HUB for information on availability and rates of hotels (usually 40%), and she would need to make the reservation, but once that is done, I can call to change the reservation/ look for deeper discounts? Yes, once the CM books the reservation becomes your responsibility for additions, modifications, etc.

And I can only do that 21 days in advance? The 21 day rule has been lifted. If there are deeper discounts available for your dates they can be applied anytime. Currently deep discounts run to August 15th. Of course this could return with the fall discounts

. - to book the DDP, not QS, she would need to book that at the time of the hotel booking? Currently there are no discounts for our travel dates (Oct 11-15), but there may be a DDP discount 21 days out? There is only one advantage to adding dining to an annual discount RO booking (40% FF) and that's to not have to pay in advance for reservations such as Cinderella's royal table. Any dining plan may be added to an annual discount at anytime before check in. Discount DP or QS must be booked as a pkg three days before arrival.

And it would be easier to change from a package reservation to a package reservation (40%+ no DDP discount to a potential 50%+DDP discount) vs. a RO rate to a package rate? It would be easier to book a rack pkg and modify it to the discount 50% plus discount dining, but you run the risk of the annual rate filling up for your dates or resort. Better to pay the minimum deposit on the RO, then pay for new pkg in full and have the RO cancelled and refunded.

- my CM can get park tickets, at 10% off, but then we will not be able to do 60 day Fast Pass+ reservations? You can get FP+ on discount tickets, but not if you will be using the CM entry pass

- do CMs get discounts on the Disney Cruise Line for FF? Not that I'm aware

are discounts offered for holiday events, such as the Halloween Party when we will be there? Not that I'm aware

If not, I can purchase on my own and I can use that ticket number to at least make 1-2 FP+ reservations 60 days out? No FP with special event tickets.

- I had originally thought she would be able to get discounts at any resort, but it seems there is a limited amount to be had, and the common ones mentioned on here, CBR and AKL for example, is what she priced for me today. What are the chances places like WL or CR will come up? Yes, inventory tends to be for certain resorts, especially when it comes to the deeper discount with ddp. Values-All Star Sports, Mod-CBR, Deluxe- AKL, Deluxe villas-Saratoga Springs. Maybe WL for your dates because of the pool closure, doubt CR. You are coming during a busy time with Food and Wine, etc. inventory will be low, best to be flexible. Inventory expands closer to your dates.

Will I need to call daily and check- totally can, but what a pain in the tushy! But worth it, if you have your heart set on a particular resort!

Thank you for all the help. Like most posters, just trying to get the 'most bang for our buck' and a little nervous about everything seeming so up in the air, especially when bringing DD (18 mos) for her first Disney Experience! Thank you!!!
Hope this is helpful!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:32 AM   #540
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney516 View Post
Hi, I have already had my room booked as the cast member discount since I was a campus rep. However, the program is no longer being used so I went seasonal. I will not regain my hub access until August 1st and my trip is August 6th. Does anyone know if the dining plan discount is available for that week yet and how much it is per day?
Roughly $49 for DDP and $34 for QSDP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: