Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #31
jecon
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Admiral View Post
So, we're going to be staying on the Atrium CL level when we're there. I suppose it would be frowned upon to bring a couple of friends to the lounge to watch Wishes? I tried searching, and don't want to do this if it's a big deal. We could always just bring our friends to our room and let them watch from our balcony.
From experience, it's not a big deal. We were staying in the Sugar Loaf Building at the GF and my parents were in the main building. We would often go to their room to watch wishes and listen to the music in the lobby. The staff knew and didn't blink an eye and in all honestly had no clue we were in SL and not the main building. We were sure to be as respectful as possible.

On another trip, we were staying in the main building and my parents were staying in an outer building at the GF and the bellman even told my parents to take advantage of our CL access!

We stayed in the atrium club last week and I would be surprised if they made an issue of having your friends watch wishes with you.

These are just my personal experiences - not condoning or condemning either way...
jecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #32
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
The Boardwalk probably has the least secure access to the Club Lounge. Anyone staying on the 3rd floor (besides the 5 Deluxe Club Level rooms) can walk up the fire exit doors to the 4th floor, turn right and go right into the lounge. You totally avoid having to pass by the CM sitting at the Concierge desk.

But, as a previous poster mentioned the CM's somehow seem to know who is and who isn't a Club Level guest, and I don't think that anyone would get away with it for long.

By the way I have been told by the CM's who work the BW Club Lounge that they don't call security, the guest isn't evicted from property etc. When they are asked for their room number and are "found out", they are politely asked to leave.

Well, huh. I had no idea you could get up to the lounge that way! Our room was just inside the area with the CL rooms, so we always took the main elevators up and passed the CM at the desk. I had no idea there was a back entrance.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #33
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Well, you have to scan your band to get up to CL, so unless she is going to time her arrival with another CL guest that just happens to be going up at the same time, it's not going to happen.

Besides that, we have found the CM's on the CL's we've stayed at to be very attentive to the guests staying up there and they get to know who's supposed to be up there and who's not.

Sometimes people amaze me...
Yes. The club level CM's are very attentive. They know who belongs and who doesn't (who are present CL guests). If CL is a separate building like the sugarloaf at GF, or Hawaii at the Poly they often have the doors open during day time and that includes the morning hours. I can tell you I would never enter CL area when not paying. As you have mentioned, you understand it is wrong. I don't know what else you could say to your traveling partners except to tell them it is wrong, there is a high probability of them getting caught, and you won't be with them during that kind of thing.

Or, you could suggest you all upgrade to CL? It is a magical all be it expensive experience.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #34
Skywise
DIS Veteran

Gotta tell the story again --

Stayed at Grand Floridian RPC last year (first time at CL) and at one point an 8 year old boy got on the elevator with me and meekly said he didn't have the key to get to the upper floor. Figuring he had just ridden down on the elevator on his own and his parents were in the lounge (and I was heading up anyway) I just let him ride up. As soon as I got onto my floor (which was also the CL) he walked out and was immediately beset upon by several CMs asking if he was lost.

I didn't hang around but it didn't occur to me until just then that I had probably been suckered by Oliver Twist...

Oh and for Grand Admiral my sister and I stayed in the main building but my parents stayed in an outer building at the GF (Boca Chica). I asked the concierge at check-in if my parents could have a card key to my room and they said no but that it was perfectly fine for me to let my parents come in to the lounge.
Skywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:37 PM   #35
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelobstershanty View Post
If it is available and paid for-- any guest room can be granted cl access.
Really? That is interesting. How does one go about adding it if not booking a CL specific room?
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 AM   #36
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydacey View Post
From what I've seen on various boards the food in the CL lounge is a nice bonus, but not really worth the Mission Impossible style techniques one would need to pilfer it! That being said I think some people just have a sense of entitlement. Like "I paid a lot to come to Disney, I deserve it." I'm not sure if I should warn this person, or let them try to get away with it and learn a lesson!
I'd be torn between telling them off or letting them get caught. But it probably wouldn't embarrass them getting caught, they seem to have no moral compass.
These are the same people that have no problem cutting in lines, etc. I even heard a post about some family trying to skip the bus queue by trying to pretend to be with a person in a scooter
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #37
Grand Admiral
The wand is gone. Now let's get rid of the hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
Oh and for Grand Admiral my sister and I stayed in the main building but my parents stayed in an outer building at the GF (Boca Chica). I asked the concierge at check-in if my parents could have a card key to my room and they said no but that it was perfectly fine for me to let my parents come in to the lounge.
Thank you!

I don't want to try to cheat the system, just wanted to know if guests were allowed.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:33 AM   #38
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Frenhines View Post
It's one thing eating at the QS counters at the Deluxe resorts, you are paying for the food, but, this is just cheeky.
Are you not supposed to go to a deluxe to visit and buy QS food there? I look at it as another food option, like a TS at a deluxe. Also a great way to check out a resort to see if you want to stay there next time. If we're talking the YC or BC, can't really see why you'd want to. Quite honestly, if I was going to go to a QS to check out a resort, the mod's seem to have that beat, anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #39
disneydacey
Gettin' my Disney fix since 86'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I'd be torn between telling them off or letting them get caught. But it probably wouldn't embarrass them getting caught, they seem to have no moral compass.
These are the same people that have no problem cutting in lines, etc. I even heard a post about some family trying to skip the bus queue by trying to pretend to be with a person in a scooter
Thankfully they aren't friends traveling with us, just an acquaintance that happens to be going around the same time. I would never travel with people like that. I get so embarrassed when people make a scene over stupid things. And you are correct, I have the feeling they would not be embarrassed in the least.

FWIW, we are staying at BWV so I'm perfectly happy buying my own cereal and milk and eating in the room!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #40
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Are you not supposed to go to a deluxe to visit and buy QS food there? I look at it as another food option, like a TS at a deluxe. Also a great way to check out a resort to see if you want to stay there next time. If we're talking the YC or BC, can't really see why you'd want to. Quite honestly, if I was going to go to a QS to check out a resort, the mod's seem to have that beat, anyway.
Yeah, I'm not sure what that post was all about, either. Completely ridiculous! And I totally agree with you in that the mods have the deluxe resorts totally beaten anyway.

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #41
thelobstershanty
Parrotteer

As long as it is a resort that has a CL, obviously...you just call and ask. They will tell you if it is available and what the cost is.

Steady Matey

thelobstershanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #42
chabs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Admiral View Post
Thank you!

I don't want to try to cheat the system, just wanted to know if guests were allowed.
Actually, you are allowed 4 or 5 people on your room reservation depending on which hotel you book. On our next trip, we have visitors coming to see us at the Poly. We booked 2 rooms-one with 2 people and one with 3 in each one (we like our space on vacation). When the visitors come, I just go to the front desk and add them to our reservation so that they can get room keys. Technically I had 5 "open" spaces between the 2 rooms that I could add people to our reservation because the Poly can hold up to 5 people per room. So if you only had 2 people on your reservation, you could easily add your parents for the day and they could use the pool and club lounge without worry.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #43
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelobstershanty View Post
As long as it is a resort that has a CL, obviously...you just call and ask. They will tell you if it is available and what the cost is.
Your other post made it sound like one could add CL access into any room, which I have never heard. Sounds like that's not what you meant.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #44
Tikiman
He kuikawa ka 'ikena o kela wahi ho'oku ka'a e waiho kala'e ihola ma 'o!

Do people sneak into club level lounges? Yes

Is it easy to do? Not really. It’s possible but at times they have even gone to the extent of making each person entering the building scan their bands (Polynesian last 4th of July is an example) so no one can tailgate their way in.

Can you get club level access with a room not in a club level building or floor? Yes. Some rooms at some resorts do allow you to pay for access to the club lounge with your room on another floor or building. The Polynesian use to be that way with any lagoon view you could add on access to the lounge when the lounge was in the lobby. Now they have you book a room in the secure building to access the lounge. We did have a suite on the 3rd floor of Animal Kingdom Lodge that we were able to have access to the club level floor and lounge.

Is it worth the risk? I would say no because if you get caught doing that at the very least that will be noted on your file so this will stay with you for every Disney stay you have in the future.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #45
OfTheWind
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I don't stay CL, however, I do work in an access secured building and I suppose that has made me habitually cautious about inadvertently giving some one access where they don't belong - in my work situation it is a safety issue. My approach when someone who doesn't belong on the secured floors in the building hops on the elevator w/ me is to not swipe my access card until they are off the elevator on a non secure floor, it works great because the secured floors are at the top of the building.
Yes I've heard of this before and it's a good method to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
From experience, it's not a big deal. We were staying in the Sugar Loaf Building at the GF and my parents were in the main building. We would often go to their room to watch wishes and listen to the music in the lobby. The staff knew and didn't blink an eye and in all honestly had no clue we were in SL and not the main building. We were sure to be as respectful as possible.

On another trip, we were staying in the main building and my parents were staying in an outer building at the GF and the bellman even told my parents to take advantage of our CL access!

We stayed in the atrium club last week and I would be surprised if they made an issue of having your friends watch wishes with you.

These are just my personal experiences - not condoning or condemning either way...
I thought those staying at RPC (main building) could use SugarLoaf but not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what that post was all about, either. Completely ridiculous! And I totally agree with you in that the mods have the deluxe resorts totally beaten anyway.
I'm sure the poster was saying it's one thing to come to a resort and pay to dine there, it's another thing to steal a meal from club level.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: