Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
peimikes
Mouseketeer

No free dining availability?

Has anyone booked free dining lately?

I just got off the phone with a castmember. She couldn't find any availability at any value or moderate for Nov 10-19. Have they been booked for a while? Maybe I should call and try to get another castmember? I booked the flights before I called Disney I should know better. I know there are only so many rooms available with a discount. What makes me wonder if I should call back is that she she suggested looking (and looked) for a room only discount, I thought that ended in Oct?

I guess I'm going somewhere in Florida but not sure where now. I'm waiting to hear back on renting DVC or we have been thinking about going to Universal. Harry Potter is really tempting. Free dining was the dealbreaker in deciding between the two...

(DD7) (KellY) (KC)

1997 Offsite, 2006 Offsite, 2009 Pop, 2010 POFQ & 2011 POFQ, 2012 POP, 2013 SSR
peimikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
misskerri
Earning My Ears

The free dining availability has been pretty limited for awhile, but up until last week, the Cabins at Fort Wilderness were still available (it's a mod). And you're right, the current RO discount ends on October 3rd. Not sure if they're expecting further RO discounts after that; I thought I heard rumours of more coming out soonish.
misskerri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
Airship Ariadne
Mouseketeer

Moderates are usually the first to go with the FD offer as they are the best value.

I would go ahead an book a moderate and keep checking for a room discount...and call IMMEDIATELY when they come out to get it applied.
Airship Ariadne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
MeridaLove
Living my dream planning vacations for a living!

Looks like that is the case I checked the TA site and there are no Mods or Values left. The cheapest option left looks like Saratoga Spings. For your dates and 10 day parks tickets it's about $4300. It's a really popular promotion!
August 2014 - CSR - CAN'T WAIT!!!!
MeridaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
peimikes
Mouseketeer

Hmmm....thanks all for the advice. And thks MeridaLove for checking availability for me. I guess for now I'll keep my fingers crossed that there will be a Studio available to rent through points. We stayed at Saratoga last yr (rented points) and it was lovely, but not $4300 lovely .

Hopefully the rental co will get back to me tommorrow. If they don't have anything I can see us going to universal. An annual pass is cheaper than a 9 day disney ticket. The last time we were there was 96 or 97. I know it's changed a lot. Heck there was only one park then.

Are all the parks supposed to be that busy? If Disney is going to be super busy we may as well give it a miss anyway. I'm hoping not....maybe universal and front of the line is looking better and better. I have a Harry Potter fanatic on my hands here anyway. DD (she's 7 now gotta update the signature ) has been wandering around the house (in this heat) in a black robe with a wand....so she wouldn't be disappointed. I was kinda hoping for a budget friendly trip this year though.

(DD7) (KellY) (KC)

Old 07-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
UrsulaTheSeaWitch
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peimikes View Post
I'm hoping not....maybe universal and front of the line is looking better and better. I have a Harry Potter fanatic on my hands here anyway. DD (she's 7 now gotta update the signature ) has been wandering around the house (in this heat) in a black robe with a wand....so she wouldn't be disappointed. I was kinda hoping for a budget friendly trip this year though.
Are you referring to the Universal's Express Pass that lets you cut the lines? If so, the Harry Potter rides are NOT included in that. Just an FYI if you didn't know. Expect LONG waits for all the Harry Potter stuff...
UrsulaTheSeaWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

SSR is soldout Nov 10, 14, 15. All DVC studios are soldout for Nov 10 (Veteran's Day).
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #8
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, there are some weeks where *everything* is booked, not just mods/values. I checked Thanksgiving week and not one resort had FD availability.

WDW: Wilderness Lodge 2011 | Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk Inn CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 | Polynesian CL, Animal Kingdom Lodge CL 2013

DLR: Candy Cane Inn 2013 | Candy Cane Inn, Grand Californian 2014
mirage0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #9
peimikes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulaTheSeaWitch View Post
Are you referring to the Universal's Express Pass that lets you cut the lines? If so, the Harry Potter rides are NOT included in that. Just an FYI if you didn't know. Expect LONG waits for all the Harry Potter stuff...

I realized Harry Potter wasn't included. But thanks for the clarification. I meant for the rest of the rides/shows. I'm sure there are lots of other things to do.

(DD7) (KellY) (KC)

Old 07-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #10
peimikes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
SSR is soldout Nov 10, 14, 15. All DVC studios are soldout for Nov 10 (Veteran's Day).
Thanks for checking. Good to know. I don't mind doing a split stay if I had to. We are getting there so late on the 10th that it is pretty useless to us anyway. I had forgotten all about Vetern's day. You would think I would have realized, our Remembrance Day is on the 11th.

I guess we are leaning more and more towards Universal. They have availability for the nights we need. And it would be nice to do something different but at the same time I'll miss Disney. We've been 5 years in a row.

(DD7) (KellY) (KC)

Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #11
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

What about Wyndhan Bonnet Creek? We have always been on site people, but we really enjoyed our stay there last time. If not for free dining, we'd be there again.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:35 PM   #12
MeridaLove
Living my dream planning vacations for a living!

Not sure if this helps you at all, but rumour has it there's a new room-only discount coming out after Aug 8th. Not sure if it will cover your dates, but you never know!
August 2014 - CSR - CAN'T WAIT!!!!
MeridaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #13
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Since its been out since May, yes it got very limited quick! Then they sent out a wave of pins randomly and resorts that weren't included in the general public offer were offered w/ the pin code! (That is how we got FD at POFQ in June). Then they recently sent out another wave of pin codes randomly so i am pretty sure they booked up the rest fast with those! Good luck!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 PM   #14
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage0306 View Post
Oh yeah, there are some weeks where *everything* is booked, not just mods/values. I checked Thanksgiving week and not one resort had FD availability.
I believe you would have to check in by the 20th to get the promo. Maybe that is why it didn't show up.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: