Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #3151
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Good Morning BWI Fans!

Just wanted to let you know that my DH is going to be canceling our upcoming reservation at the BWI. Don't feel sad for us...just a change in vacation plans!

Our reservation is for a BWI Deluxe room from 7/31/14 - 8/8/14. I know there are only 10 deluxe rooms, so I just thought I'd post our cancellation here in case anyone was interested in grabbing the room. My DH will be calling at 10:00 (in about 10 minutes) to cancel the room.

Have a nice day everyone!
Very cool of you to give folks a heads up.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Controlled Chaos and the Quest for Bottomless Dole Whips
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (Mar.)
2012 BLT (Nov.), 2013 BWV, 2014 BLT
Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 PM   #3152
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
Before asking another questions... I have to say - those chairs are going to give me nightmares! :D

Anyways - I figured people here would have the best answers. This fall we are staying in mid November. My daughter is now 7, and this will be our first trip where I'm not planning on using or renting any strollers. We've never stayed at the boardwalk before. I stayed at the BC years and years ago and I know the walk to Epcot isnt bad. Exactly how far is the walk to HS for little legs? I've never done this walk before. We usually rent our own car, but we've always stayed Value or offsite before so it made sense then. Now since we're so close to so many parks, I figured renting a car probably isnt necessary and we should just utilize the Magic Express. I also dont want to completely wipe out my little one either. I know I read that there are ferries available - what would people's recommendations be? We'll be doing a ton of walking anyway - so a walk isnt the problem, I'm just thinking late night walking back etc. I should have mentioned too that I'd like to avoid buses as much as possible too (just personal preference, of all things they cause me motion sickness). Thanks
I had VERY similar questions before we stayed at BWV this past October so you're in good company. LOL.

My daughters were 9 and 6 and we only took the ferries for sheer amusement. I think we took the boat 3-4 times. It was def quicker to walk, even with my youngest DDs little legs.

Check out a post that I started before our trip to BWV in October 2013.
Distance from BWV to DHS
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #3153
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

I used to walk to Epcot and boat to DHS. I always thought it was substantially longer to DHS. A few trips ago, youngest was 8 or 9, I figured we would try it. It was not a long walk at all. Now, we just let weather decide, but I prefer the walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber
We always walk to both. I love the walk to DHS before rope drop, it's so quiet and pretty. The only time we boat, is if we happen are leaving the park and a boat happens to be arriving at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama

We walked it last month (one of our kids had just turned 7). We were at the Villas, though, so a little closer than the Inn (if that's where you're staying). We went back and forth a lot and it wasn't an issue at all for him. This was also in the heat/humidity, so in November, it should be a piece of cake.
We also walk (from the villas). It's such a peaceful walk along the canal, with the occasional jogger passing us by. It's also the one advantage of being at the wrong end of the hall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Old 07-23-2014, 11:44 PM   #3154
brettcw23
DDC #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
We also walk (from the villas). It's such a peaceful walk along the canal, with the occasional jogger passing us by. It's also the one advantage of being at the wrong end of the hall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Especially in the morning when before the chaos ensues. I enjoyed taking some pictures while we took our leisurely stroll to DHS for rope drop.
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222

Old 07-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #3155
Marypoppins14
Mouseketeer

We check into a 1 bedroom BWV (pool/garden view) two weeks from tomorrow. We have never stayed there before, and are really looking forward to it -- especially the walking access to DHS and Epcot.
My DS9 wants to sign up for JTA at DHS. How long does it take to walk from the Villas to DHS? We walk at a fairly brisk pace. Thanks so much!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 PM   #3156
UrsulaTheSeaWitch
Earning My Ears

Hello,

When you are staying at BWI, is there anyway to walk over to the Swan and Dolphins resorts, or do you have to take a bus from HS over?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 PM   #3157
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulaTheSeaWitch View Post
Hello,

When you are staying at BWI, is there anyway to walk over to the Swan and Dolphins resorts, or do you have to take a bus from HS over?

Thanks
Yes! There is a pedestrian bridge over the canal that separates the Boardwalk from the Swan & Dolphin resorts.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #3158
smidgy
dimples

when we stay at Boardwalk villas, we like to walk over tot he swan for karaoke... sometimes it is quicker to get off at the swan/dolphin boat dock and walk over to the boardwalk then to wait for the boat to unload, load, and go over.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #3159
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Another question- on laundry facilities, we are staying for a week in November. I always like to do a load or two of laundry while there to lessen the sadness of being home when we leave- . Last time we stayed at Art of Animation, and I felt like I could NEVER get a machine, they were always in use. Do any of you run into this during your stay?
Old 07-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #3160
princeprincess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP View Post
Another question- on laundry facilities, we are staying for a week in November. I always like to do a load or two of laundry while there to lessen the sadness of being home when we leave- . Last time we stayed at Art of Animation, and I felt like I could NEVER get a machine, they were always in use. Do any of you run into this during your stay?
We're at Boardwalk right now. They have 3 washing machines and 2 dryers on the villas side. We were able to get a washing machine fairly easily but had to wait a couple if hours for a dryer . That was with my dh checking every 15-20 minutes.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #3161
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

We are going back to the BWI in January!!!! Was able to get 2 club level rooms with the military rate, husband is retired military. We are going with my son and his family. It has been very hard to get the BWI club rooms with my cast discount, so I figured I would grab these. When cast rates for next year come out I will try for that rate, but am so very happy to be trying CL at my favorite home!!!! We will be there January 23-30!!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #3162
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeprincess View Post
We're at Boardwalk right now. They have 3 washing machines and 2 dryers on the villas side. We were able to get a washing machine fairly easily but had to wait a couple if hours for a dryer . That was with my dh checking every 15-20 minutes.
In the Inn (on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly) there's several washers and dryers. Seems to me there were 6 each. Never had a problem getting a machine but we tend to go during less busy times.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #3163
francie
Mouseketeer

Deluxe room/suites renovated?

hi, does anyone know if the deluxe rooms and all the suites will be included in the recent bwi renovation? if so, any pics yet? tia, francie
Old 07-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #3164
terri33inne
Mouseketeer

So excited... I just upgraded our upcoming August trip to BWI, and am loving reading this thread!

I need some advice on what to say on my room request. I have booked a standard room & view. I'd prefer not having a long walk after returning from days at the parks, and have read about the long hallways. BUT, I don't want too much noise near the elevators either, and I'd prefer not to be on the 1st floor.

Thanks!

Best way to get over the end of your last trip is to start planning your next trip!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #3165
Stini228
Mouseketeer

Hi all, we're checking into a garden suite tomorrow and have been reading this thread non stop! Love it! We booked last minute to celebrate DH's recent promotion in his WDW job, and for our anniversary. Im out of my mind excited! Anyway, I'll report back on whether or not our garden cottage has been renovated. . Also, let me know if anyone wants photos of anything or has any questions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: