Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #16
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Also, if you want to use gift cards to pay for the room, it is best not to do online check in and add a cc to your account because the cc will be charged early on your arrival morning, most likely before you check in.

Agree with the PPs that the confirmation paperwork states that full payment for the room is due upon arrival.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:53 AM   #17
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarella View Post
When I stayed at a Value, they charged my room to my credit card on file when I checked in. I didn't know this, so when I checked out and planned to use gift cards, I couldn't use them. They re-did everything for me (took it off the cc and used the gift cards) but seemed annoyed with me for not knowing that they expected me to pay for the room when I checked in. It was not a package, but room only with AP rate. I have never paid for my whole stay, upon checking in - anywhere, so next time I will ask first how they plan to bill me.
Your reservation told you balance due upon arrival, before you could confirm and book room, for room only. Packages have to be paid in full 45 days or more before arrival. Should not have been a surprise.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 AM   #18
Saimaeve
Mouseketeer

I'm confused, I've always paid upon check in. Also, why would it matter if your card was charged at check in or check out? You'd have the same amount deducted.

Say your bill was $2000 for room only on checkin, it would be $2000 if charged on checkout as well. For room only costs.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #19
lisafab
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divaofdisney View Post
Just an FYI, while the moderate limit is $1000 on our last trip when our bill got to over $700, they did charge our card. So, it really just depends on when the front desk plans to put the charges through. We had about 3 days left to go when the charge was put through. So just be prepared if you are using your charge privelege and are nearing the limit, they will put the charges through at any time.
This is worrying. We were hoping to charge to room but just for easiness not because we actually want to charge to the credit card. I have my spending money in $$$ but if I use my cc when I get home it'll have been converted to £££ which means I'd have no money to pay the bill! Will they reverse that and allow you to pay by other means?
lisafab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 AM   #20
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisafab View Post
This is worrying. We were hoping to charge to room but just for easiness not because we actually want to charge to the credit card. I have my spending money in $$$ but if I use my cc when I get home it'll have been converted to £££ which means I'd have no money to pay the bill! Will they reverse that and allow you to pay by other means?
They will, but in your case, just stop at the front desk on occasion and pay it down - assuming you haven't hit your limit (aside from the poster you quoted I have never heard of Disney charging someone before they hit that limit), they put the charges through very early AM the morning you check out. Like around 2am. So if you clear the account the night before there will be nothing to charge on your card.

We actually used gift cards last time, instead of charging to our room at all, because we had a couple hanging around from our wedding and honeymoon and we pick them up at target or the grocery store when we can. So since we had paid off our room before we got to WDW, and used gift cards for our expenses while in the parks, there wasn't anything to charge to our room last time.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #21
Toadlover
Mouseketeer

We dont do credit cads so i guess ill have to get a prepaid am/ex or the like? Or several actually to pay our room up front.?

Big family trip planned for April 4, 2015!
Toadlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #22
mb187143
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadlover View Post
We dont do credit cads so i guess ill have to get a prepaid am/ex or the like? Or several actually to pay our room up front.?
What method did you use to book it?

We have used debit cards (one of the reasons we used gift cards last time we went to WDW was that we paid with our debit MasterCard to pay the room charges but I didn't want my bank account attached to my room, so we didn't leave a card on file for charging, and used gift cards that we'd bought while planning for our trip). You can pay with gift cards, and probably cash but that's one I've personally never tried. You are never required to leave a card on file incidentals at a Disney hotel. If you don't leave one you won't be able to charge to your room at all, but that's the only thing.

mb187143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:14 AM   #23
2girlsmomma
Mouseketeer

Our last trip we had GC to use so I had our debit card on file(no CC in our house either), and I went by and paid our balance using the GC, typically at the end of each day.I was told to have the balance cleared 24 hours before check out to be safe, so we didn't charge to the room the last day.
2girlsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:34 AM   #24
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisafab View Post
You can stop by the front desk every day or two to pay down your balance.

It's unusual for the resort to charge your cc prematurely, but if it should happen they will be able to reverse the charge, but it could be time consuming and will you have foreign currency conversion fees to contend with?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: