Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
tink18
Mouseketeer
 
tink18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

Room Requests

Hi everyone,

I read that if you do online check in you can choose from certain options to make a room request, does any one have a photo/list of the different options to choose from whilst doing online check in? I don't know if it makes a difference but we are staying in OKW
tink18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
tink18
Mouseketeer
 
tink18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 152

bump
tink18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink18 View Post
Hi everyone,

I read that if you do online check in you can choose from certain options to make a room request, does any one have a photo/list of the different options to choose from whilst doing online check in? I don't know if it makes a difference but we are staying in OKW
For OKW, you might have first floor, upper floor, Millers Road, South Point, Old Turtle Pond and canal view.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
smiling
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 17

Requests are in the form of a check list and are resort specific. unfortunately, I can't help with room requests for OKW (hopefully someone knowledgable will jump in here).
smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
wellesleyprincess
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 1,314

I would also add that you can only select two requests (for example top floor and a building or close to transportation and top floor, but not all three)
__________________
March 1990- WDW Offsite ~ May 1994- Poly ~ May 1999- Coronado Springs ~ April 2003- Offsite (EPCOT & MGM & Universal) ~ June 2005- Yacht Club ~ March 2008- Pop Century at Easter ~ January 2010 Marathon Weekend Trip at All Star Sports (Full Marathon Finisher)~ May/June 2010 Contemporary ~ January 2011 POFQ (Goofy Challenge)~August/September 2012 WWoHP~ September/October 2012 ToT 10 Miler/ Food & Wine All Star Sports~ October 2013 Pop Century Father-Daughter Food & Wine trip
wellesleyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #6
B52
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 32

We are staying the GF in a few weeks...did the online check-in.
Were given only 2 choices, building and floor level....

Were also asked time of arrival.

I had to call to make a specific room request...
B52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #7
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.
 
TheRustyScupper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: 15-min from WDW.
Posts: 20,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by B52 View Post
. . . Were also asked time of arrival . . . I had to call to make a specific room request...

The later you check-in, the worse your chances are at getting requests granted.
. . . you might have had every request granted
. . . you might have had the room assigned
. . . but, someone checking-in earlier might be able to snatch the room from you
. . . Front Desk CM's can usually move someone into an empty room

EXAMPLE:
. . . you want a view, away from elevators, high floor
. . . if I check in before you, I could change my poor room for your better room
. . . you could end up with no view, next to an elevator, on a second floor
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
martinmont
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
The later you check-in, the worse your chances are at getting requests granted.
. . . you might have had every request granted
. . . you might have had the room assigned
. . . but, someone checking-in earlier might be able to snatch the room from you
. . . Front Desk CM's can usually move someone into an empty room

EXAMPLE:
. . . you want a view, away from elevators, high floor
. . . if I check in before you, I could change my poor room for your better room
. . . you could end up with no view, next to an elevator, on a second floor
So is it better to do online check in?
__________________


My First Ever PTR!
martinmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinmont View Post
So is it better to do online check in?
In my experience on line check in does nothing towards getting your requests. Until you are actually at the resort they can still take the room you have requested and give it to someone else.

It really doesn't seem to be check in as much as a pre check in. On line check in doesn't finalize your room assignment.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.