Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Resort advice please?!?

We had to move our trip back to March and I know it will be busier crowds then. I was planning a split stay of BLT and AKV…but with the busier crowds should I just stay at BLT being able to walk to MK might be worth it?!?! thoughts
Old 07-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I would say it depends on how much time you're planning to spend at MK. We stayed at CR in 2013 and loved being able to walk from MK to our resort, as well as being on the monorail line was awesome for dining reservations. I never stayed at AKV so I can't comment on that one way or the other.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
thelobstershanty
Parrotteer

It all depends on your party mix, how much time you are going to spend at each park and whether you want to be "in the middle of the action" or desire a more "laid back" resort atmosphere. We need more details. LOL!

Steady Matey

thelobstershanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #4
clapton
Mouseketeer

Depends on whether you plan on going to MK often, but if it were me I would stick with BLT.Much more convenient then AKL, closer to everything and you can just hop on the monorail to Epcot. Have stayed at AKL and it was beautiful but too out of the way for us.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
princessap
DIS Veteran

It will be during spring break so more worried about crowds so thinking BLT may be more convenient but our girls really want to stay at AKV and this is last trip for a while and we already pushed it back on them so really don't want to disappoint….our first and last day will be at MK…three kids under 7 and BLT doesn't scream kid friendly to me?!? considered GFV but DH said its too old fashioned
Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #6
thelobstershanty
Parrotteer

My vote, hands down would be AKL. The transportation to MK is bus vs monorail but if it is only 2 trips to MK--that is totally doable. The difference in the laid back atmosphere, animals, resort activities, etc is amazing when comparing the 2 resorts. AKL is a very unique resort and is best appreciated when you take the time to explore and enjoy the resort. Between the many daily scheduled family activities, 2 great pools w/slides, multiple animal viewing savannahs, a water playground and 3 wonderful restaurants--a guest can have an amazing vacation and never leave AKL!

Steady Matey

thelobstershanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks…..I know for sure we will be at BLT for at least 3 nights but am debating doing four there and 3 AKV?? or 4 BLT, 2 AKV and then spending the night before departure at airport hotel as our flight leaves super early!?!?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: