Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #16
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
My boys are around that age and they love, love, love the Beach/Yacht Club. When I ask my boys what they like best about staying at the Beach Club the first thing they mention is the pool. The pool is a huge attraction with it's awesome water slide and lazy river. Teens also love all the hot tubs on property (5). The second thing they love is the quick and easy access to two theme parks. It is so easy for them to spend time at one of these two close parks and then head back for some time in the pool.This is what they love about this location! Finding food they like is never an issue with all the choices that surround them when staying at an EPCOT resort.

The Beach and Yacht Clubs are located so close to many food options, whether it be onsite like Hurricane Hannah's for burgers http://allears.net/dining/menu/hurricane-hannas/all-day or Beaches and Cream for the take out ice cream window.

There is the Crews Cup Lounge where you can order off of a menu http://allears.net/dining/menu/crews-cup-lounge/all-day.

There is also the option of a 5 minute walk to the International Showcase in EPCOT where there are a ton of counter service options for the boys to choose from. They can even hop on a boat and dine at the Hollywood Studios counter service options or take a lap around the Boardwalk to eat at one of the many dining choices there.

Big River Grille:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/big-r...s/lunch-dinner

ESPN:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/espn-club/lunch-dinner

Boardwalk Bakery
Boardwalk Funnel Cakes -
Boardwalk Hot Dog Cart -
Boardwalk Pizza Window -
Boardwalk to go menu- http://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-to-go/all-day

The Beach Club has the Market Place for some quick service options
Breakfast: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach...lace/breakfast
Lunch/dinner: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach...e/lunch-dinner

....and there is the Captain's Grille in the Yacht Club that is our families favorite resort restaurant! It's a hidden gem for a table service breakfast Lunch or Dinner.
Breakfast menu: http://allears.net/dining/menu/capta...ille/breakfast

Lunch: http://allears.net/dining/menu/captains-grille/lunch
Dinner: http://allears.net/dining/menu/captains-grille/dinner

Some people don't like this resort because it doesn't have a food court with the standard Disney food Court offerings. My family loves staying at the Beach Club and having so many delicious options a hop skip and a jump away. When you think about it, no matter where you stay you have to leave your room and take a walk to get to a resort's dining options. I like having easy access to the many choices available when staying at an EPCOT area resort.

The other advantage that this resort offers is a 5 minute walk to get to Epcot and a 20 minute walk or a short boat ride to get to Hollywood Studios. Bus service to the Magic Kingdom or the Animal Kingdom is an easy option for teens and families alike from the Yacht or Beach Club.

To sum it up I would have to say that my guys really prefer to stay at the Beach Club because of all of the reasons I have listed above. I think for that for teens The Beach Club is the most fun resort.

Good luck with your planning and I hope you have a great vacation! If you have any questions about these resorts stop by this thread and read the first couple of pages where you will find a wealth of information about this fabulous resort. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3277682

~NM
I have been taking my teens to the Beach Club for 12 years, agree 100% (as always with Ninja Mom).......
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005, 2014
Dolphin - 2013
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007
WDW4us2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #17
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMerida View Post
I'm a teenager, although I'm a girl and a little younger, i just thought I'd let you know that the yacht and beach club is by far my favourite. The pool is so much fun, and I love the whole area that it is in. It's only a short walk from both Epcot and Hollywood studios which both have fireworks so even if you didn't have a view from your window, you could always pop into Epcot for the illuminations. Also, I'm sure your boys will love Hollywood Studios which is within close proximity. There are limited food options within the resort itself, but on the other side of the lagoon is the boardwalk where you're sure to find something to eat, there's the pizza window, the bakery. There are also great food options I'm Eocots world showcase which is almost right next door. For some people, transportation to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is an issue but vid heard it's got a lot better recently. No matter where you stay I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, but I really recommend the yacht and beach club because it's an excellent resort in a stunning location.
It was great to hear a teen's perspective concerning this question. Thanks for taking the time to write such a great post letting us know what you thought of this area!

~NM
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #18
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW4us2006 View Post
I have been taking my teens to the Beach Club for 12 years, agree 100% (as always with Ninja Mom).......
Ha! I just happened to be typing out my previous reply and then you popped in at the same time with this! If you ask my boys, I'm not always right... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm pretty sure I got this one correct...

~NM
Old 07-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #19
LJK925
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalMerida View Post
I'm a teenager, although I'm a girl and a little younger, i just thought I'd let you know that the yacht and beach club is by far my favourite. The pool is so much fun, and I love the whole area that it is in. It's only a short walk from both Epcot and Hollywood studios which both have fireworks so even if you didn't have a view from your window, you could always pop into Epcot for the illuminations. Also, I'm sure your boys will love Hollywood Studios which is within close proximity. There are limited food options within the resort itself, but on the other side of the lagoon is the boardwalk where you're sure to find something to eat, there's the pizza window, the bakery. There are also great food options I'm Eocots world showcase which is almost right next door. For some people, transportation to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom is an issue but vid heard it's got a lot better recently. No matter where you stay I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, but I really recommend the yacht and beach club because it's an excellent resort in a stunning location.
Thank you so very much for your insight. I was really hoping to hear a teenager's perspective and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know.
LJK925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
MagicalMerida
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJK925 View Post
Thank you so very much for your insight. I was really hoping to hear a teenager's perspective and really appreciate you taking the time to let me know.
No problem! I'm glad I could help!!

TR- AHHH!!! Not another EMH morning! A July/August told by a teen!

MagicalMerida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFansInNYC View Post
We have two teens and they love the BC/YC and love SAB. We don't mind the limited CS because our kids are old enough to walk over to the countries to grab a bite to eat within 5 minutes. They love love love doing that. They love the fish and chips at the UK, Mexican take out, or take out at Morocco. Our teens love walking around the Boardwalk. It is more of a night life. There are always some shows happening on the Boardwalk - magicians, jugglers, etc. Also the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk.

What a great aunt!!

Just watched your video, it was awesome!!!

Lalabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #22
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
Just watched your video, it was awesome!!!
Thanks so much. We are planning our next one. Not sure what song yet. Anytime we are missing Disney we watch our video - and feel home.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

We have 2 boys, age 14 and 17. We spent 2 weeks at Beach Club last year in late August. My boys did not get into the pool once the entire time.

My wife and I loved it, but my boys said that there were too many small children and parents in the water to have any fun. The pool was very crowded.
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #24
DemoBri1
Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

I think the BC would probably be the better choice rather than YC. YC is a bit more of a quieter resort whereas the BC is a bit more "lively". You also have the Boardwalk area that your teens will enjoy especially during the evening hours. SAB is hands-down the best water feature on property. I think one of the previous posters suggested the Poly volcano pool as a better alternative, but I felt that pool area was a bit cramped and certainly didn't offer as much swimming area as SAB does.

If you can't get in at either BC or YC the BWI is a good alternative as well. Also, don't forget you are within walking distance of Epcot and in certain cases DHS (although I prefer to boat it there).

DemoBri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:10 PM   #25
clapton
Mouseketeer

I think the kids will love either the BC or the BWI. As a pp said the YC is a little more on the quiet side. That area is great for teens with the boardwalk and lots to do. Love the atmosphere especially at night. Don't forget the Swan & Dolphin are just a 5-10 min walk away with great restaurants as well.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: