Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbella16 View Post
We have never done online check-in (and don't plan on it) and our room has always been ready when we arrived. We take the first flight out to MCO and are at the resort by 11am the latest and I cannot remember a time where our room was not ready. I guess we've just had great luck! I never thought that online check-in had anything to do with your room being ready early though.
It just increases your chances because they assign rooms this way. What matters most is how busy the resort is the night before. Your chances are also increased if you travel during slow times and arrive on a weekday.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #17
fluffykalie
Mouseketeer

We got our room request and got to go to our room when we got there on our last trip. I planned out our drive time to get there at 3pm which was checkin time. I did online checkin.
fluffykalie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #18
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

We have checked in online once and really didn't see what the point of it was. We do usually arrive in the morning and before check out time for guest. I thought checking in online meant saving time and your packet was ready when you arrived, but when we arrived nothing was ready. We stood and waited as long as we ever had and the lady would not even talk about a room request. So... I'm not sure what the advantage for Disney or for us was! LOL! It may have been we were just overlooked or something! But... I definetly think who you get to help you upon check in can make a difference and the day you check in can make a difference , too.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #19
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

We have never checked in online. We always arrive at approximately 10:00 a.m. and our room has been ready 100% of the time.

Always nice to start the vacation off with a little pixie dust!!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:25 PM   #20
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Well, I must need a new bottle of pixie dust! LOL!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #21
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Before online check-in, I think there was MAYBE one time out of a LOT of visits where my room wasn't ready when I got there well before the stated check-in time. (Ok, there was one time when they assigned me a room, and when I got up there I used the key no problem, opened the door, and could CLEARLY see that whoever was in there the night before hadn't left yet. Quick call using the public guest services phone in the building and within a few minutes, someone came and got me on a cart to get my new card at the desk. But I don't count that as "not ready" as the person WAS supposed to be out - and my newly assigned room was ready.)

I've done online check-in twice now - once I arrived early in the morning and not only was my originally assigned room ready (they "upgraded" me to a pirate room, which I didn't want), my requested "downgraded" room to what I had booked (though I think they gave me preferred, still better than a pirate room) was also ready. When I got to POP it was well after check-in time so clearly the room was ready.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 AM   #22
Lp427
Earning My Ears

I have only gone twice, and both times my room was ready and my requests were met. Last year, we arrived on a Sat early June by noon at POR, but my packet wasn't ready, and I still had to do everything all over again. I blame it on being our first visit and having to setup pins, etc. This year, we arrived on the Tue after July 4th weekend around 10am at POP, and it was a very quick and streamlined process - less than 2 mins to pull my packet and explain where my room was located.
Lp427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:24 AM   #23
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
It just increases your chances because they assign rooms this way. What matters most is how busy the resort is the night before. Your chances are also increased if you travel during slow times and arrive on a weekday.
This is what we do. We go the 2nd week of November every year and arrive on a Wednesday morning.

tinkerbella16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #24
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Sorry, but I cannot find how to delete a post.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me

Last edited by Clamesa; 07-22-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #25
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

double post.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #26
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Did you use Magical Express? I have a theory that ME has an impact on having a room ready early since they know from that roughly when you're coming.
Yes, we use ME. About request I like upper floor in the farther building of the resort and it is always granted. I believe they don't get a lot of people asking to walk more.

DH DS Me
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 AM   #27
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

We always do online check-in and so far, have always been able to get our room upon arrival, even when it was early.

At both AKL and AoA, the CM showed us the rooms on a map which were ready and at least came close to meeting our other requests, and let us choose. I know a lot of people have worried that with online check in, you won't be able to get a different room if you don't like what was assigned, but that definitely wasn't the case for us. It didn't even seem like anything was assigned already, or if it was, it was no big deal to change it.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #28
thelobstershanty
Parrotteer

The more requests you have, the less likely it is that your room will be ready early; ESPECIALLY if the request is "close to lobby/elevators"! Do you know how common of a request that is, in relation to the low # of rooms that meet this? Come on people...this is Disney, it requires walking, might as well get used to it, from the home base on!!! LOL! JK!
WDW resort check in times are: 3pm for regular rooms and 4pm for villas--any thing before that is pixie dust, imo!

Steady Matey

thelobstershanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:03 AM   #29
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

LOL!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #30
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
Well, I must need a new bottle of pixie dust! LOL!
I do too!!!! Or else every day I have checked in using OLCI has been opposite day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: