Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
As others have said it usually comes down to person preference. CSR is my favorite mod largely because it's not overtly Disney. There are subtle touches here and there but it isn't done in an over-the-top fashion. I can't comment on the room issues people have reported as we've never experienced that with ours; they've always been clean and free of mold. The grounds are large but that doesn't bother me and Ranchos, the furthest section from the main building, is my favorite as it's so quiet back there.
We love CSR and agree with you Ranchos is the best section, clean and quiet. We enjoy the nice landscaping while walking, plus is only around 10 minutes each way if you walk with a child.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Clamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #32
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

I love CSR and will be returning there next spring. The resort is beautiful and easily to walk around. Each one of the sections offers something unique. I enjoyed the fitness center the last time I was there. I agree that the resort is spread out but not as big as CBR.
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #33
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
Glad to hear someone say something positive about the bus service. I have an 8 night stay coming up in Septmeber. I am really looking forward to it. I have stayed several times at SSR and once at POR, I found the large resorts to be very efficient at bus service.
The bus service at CSR is great. We stayed once a POR and believe is a lovely resort but dislike the bus service. This year we will back a POR and to be honest I'm second guessing my choice because of the buses.

April-May 2004 All star Music. My very first time in Disney. September 2004 All star Movies. Disney + Universal. Our first weeding anniversary. January 2010. CSR. Our son first time in Disney. May 2011. CSR. Mother's Day celebration at Disney. April-May2012.CSR: My birthday celebration In Disney. November 2012. POR RGR: Thanskgiving at Disney. September 2013 CSR our 10th wedding anniversary. September 2014 POR our 11 wedding anniversary.
DH DS Me
Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #34
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
The bus service at CSR is great. We stayed once a POR and believe is a lovely resort but dislike the bus service. This year we will back a POR and to be honest I'm second guessing my choice because of the buses.
Really? My experience at POR was great bus service at any part of the day. I was there for a week in early December two years ago.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #35
CluelessDisFan
DIS Veteran

Reading this thread has made me pretty excited for our first stay CSR in Dec.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #36
jnscott4
Huge Disney World Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Reading this thread has made me pretty excited for our first stay CSR in Dec.
Me too. We are staying in Mid-September and I can't wait.
jnscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #37
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertirz View Post
We are booked there for 3 nights in August. Are people expecting more or is it really a hit or miss type of resort?
No idea. And I'm picky.

The resort is simply awesome.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #38
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Are you referring to the meaningless reviews on Tripadvisor?

Because the reviews on DIS are overwhelmingly positive on CSR. It's the Deluxe resort at the Mod price.
My trick on Trip Advisor: when somebody writes a bad review, I look at the number of reviews they made. If it's less than 5, I discard it completely.

Also, when a room is THAT bad, why don't you just go to the lobby and ask to switch rooms? We've done it.

I can't believe the people who complain but are doing nothing about it.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #39
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post
Agree, the bus service is very good at CSR. We stayed at POR in Nov 2012 and though it was good service, it was shared with POFQ and seemed to have more people which lead to standing room only trips. Never had to stand at CSR except for closing or fireworks
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #40
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
We stayed there once... no way were we impressed ...we scratched this resort never to return to...

Cons:

To huge and spread out laterally...

As stated above, could be long walk to pool and food court

Not impressed with food set up in Pepper Market

Multiple bus stops

Walking across parking lots to get to bus stops

There are other resorts with closer and better amenities at the same price..
Strange...

We were in the farthest building and it took us about 6 minutes to go to the Lobby, 3 minutes to go to the principal pool and 1 minute to the bus stop. If you think this is a "long" walk, you must use your car a lot!

From what I remember, there was sidewalks and pedestrian signs (bar) on the road to ensure safety of the people going to the bus stops.

We did not enjoy our breakfast at Pepper Market but we enjoyed our lunch there (I guess it's like most QS/resort food court) ...

Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #41
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnscott4 View Post
Really? My experience at POR was great bus service at any part of the day. I was there for a week in early December two years ago.
We were over there two year ago for thanksgiving day and found out that the only way of making it to the parks earlier was skipping breakfast and waiting in the south depot stop. We were there for 10 nights and could not made a pattern of how the bus service works. I hope this September we have better luck since is slow season and the FDP was only offered with pins.

DH DS Me
Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #42
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

We really like CSR. The slide at the pool is really fun and we really enjoy the pool bar. We'll be staying there again with free dining in Sept. CSR had the best bus service the last time we were there. POR bus service was so crowded and the waits were so long, we ended up getting a taxi back to the resort, otherwise it's a really beautiful resort.
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept., 2015 AS Sports Aug.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #43
Clamesa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
My trick on Trip Advisor: when somebody writes a bad review, I look at the number of reviews they made. If it's less than 5, I discard it completely.

Also, when a room is THAT bad, why don't you just go to the lobby and ask to switch rooms? We've done it.

I can't believe the people who complain but are doing nothing about it.
I remember reading a bad review of CSR the complaint was the lack of sodas machines in every floor. one star just because of that. Since we don't drink sodas we did not care.

DH DS Me

Last edited by Clamesa; 07-22-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #44
Jarvis23
Mouseketeer

That's funny because there are pop machines on every floor by the elevator.
Jarvis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #45
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

One of the best features about CSR is that it has a lake side bar area which is nice at the end of the day to have a drink at. All the conventioneers were in the Rix bar when we were there, but the lake side bar was empty.
No other Mod I believe has that. They have a bar by the pool also, but once again it is subject to noise.

We are also a couple with no kids...and we enjoy the serenity of CSR as a whole

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: