Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
maekeith
Earning My Ears

crowds at CSR and CBR

Good morning!

Have our flights for May 1st 2015. Can anyone give me an idea what to expect concerning crowds at these resorts at this time of year?

Thanks
Mae
maekeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
saskdw
DIS Veteran

The great thing about both these resorts is that they are spread out. So even when they're full it never seems that way. There is always a quiet place to relax. The only time you will experience crowds is if you go to the food court at a main meal time or the main pool at a prime swimming time. We always eat at off times and the food court is always empty.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The great thing about both these resorts is that they are spread out. So even when they're full it never seems that way. There is always a quiet place to relax. The only time you will experience crowds is if you go to the food court at a main meal time or the main pool at a prime swimming time. We always eat at off times and the food court is always empty.
I agree with what was written. But you forgot one more crowd experience: the bus stops before park opening.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I agree with what was written. But you forgot one more crowd experience: the bus stops before park opening.
We don't do rope drop anymore. It's rare we are at a busstop before 10am the last couple trips. So someone else will have to add that experience in. There's no issue with crowded buses at the times we ride them.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
mullysisters
Mouseketeer

Ah, to be at WDW in May!

Quote:
We don't do rope drop anymore. It's rare we are at a busstop before 10am the last couple trips. So someone else will have to add that experience in. There's no issue with crowded buses at the times we ride them.
There's a reason the bus stops are not crowded at 10:00am, all 40,000 people are already IN the parks-

No seriously, I haven't stayed at CBR, but we loved CSR and it does absorb a lot of guests. I have been during your dates (May is my fav month to visit) and it was lovely. Especially early morning and later at night. Many times the main pool was empty, yes empty, at 11:00 at night. With the Temple all lit up it was a like a dream. I could stay there and not ever go to the parks. (no, I really couldn't)
Have a great trip!

May 2014 - AoA solo trip!
Next trip 2015, spring or December? Hopefully with DSis.
mullysisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
wdwjeffc37
DisneyWorldFan

CSR is a convention resort so a lot of the people are there for conventions. They generally don't go to the parks in the morning or lounge by the pool during the day. This takes a lot of pressure off of the resort amenities. We have always had tremendous bus service, especially in May. The only time we really saw a convention crowd was in the evenings at the lounge but we don't do the lounge thing so it didn't bother us. We like the Cabanas section, building 8A for location to the pool and bus stop #4. Coronado Springs is a great resort. Have fun on your vacation.
Old 07-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We don't do rope drop anymore. It's rare we are at a busstop before 10am the last couple trips.
Thanks to Magic Bands and FP+ we don't either ... it's nice not having to rush in the morning to get FP's for the most popular attractions.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
Thanks to Magic Bands and FP+ we don't either ... it's nice not having to rush in the morning to get FP's for the most popular attractions.
I agree! Nothing better than showing up at DHS at 3pm and walking onto Toy Story!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #9
georgina
I dream of Mousey with the big black ears
I've embraced my gray hairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I was there the last week of May 2014 and took early buses to AK (opened 8 AM), MK early for an 8:30 tour, and MK for EMH at 8 AM and did not find the buses crowded even when I was at the last stop. These were all weekdays, not sure if weekends were worse. I did have crowded buses back to the resort when I left after Illuminations and the second evening parade at MK.

georgina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: