Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
chabs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
November 21-24 is very busy?
Just a heads up-there is a huge lacrosse tournament that weekend. Choice of values-ASSp or Pop. Choice of moderates-POR (sold out), CB, OKW (sold out) and Coronado. Choice of deluxe-WL or AKL. I know because we are going and dreading having to stay in a value hotel but "have to" to be with the team. Thinking of moving myself once we get there and check in and see if anyone actually will miss us if we move.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

We paid rack rate, there was no deal for that week.

Trust me, I really want to like it. It's just the beds and the soundproofing that scare me because I read a lot of bad reviews about it. But I insist on giving it a try.
Loved the beds....great night sleeps there. And soundproofing? The only rime I've ever had an issue with sound was at the Polynesian! Could here every word being said next door to us...two very loud families. My last stay at AoA, I had a ground level room, right across from the LM pool.....noise was never an issue, and I actually expected it to be!

As for 'bad reviews', you need to realize that the vast majority of people that review resorts do so because they had a complaint or issue. Happy people seldom do reviews.
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #18
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I actually love doing reviews, good or bad (especially good ones) on trip advisor. LOL

Your reviews make me feel better!

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #19
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I actually love doing reviews, good or bad (especially good ones) on trip advisor. LOL

Your reviews make me feel better!
I love doing good ones as well!!! I'm the guest that stops at Guest Services and gives a report about a terrific CM!! Most people stop to give a criticism! Sadly though, most people go to travel sites to say not so nice things about hotels/resorts. Man, if I believed most of what I read, I'd never go to a hotel again. According to most reviews, they all have bedbugs!!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #20
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I love doing good ones as well!!! I'm the guest that stops at Guest Services and gives a report about a terrific CM!! Most people stop to give a criticism! Sadly though, most people go to travel sites to say not so nice things about hotels/resorts. Man, if I believed most of what I read, I'd never go to a hotel again. According to most reviews, they all have bedbugs!!!!
Very true. I take reviews with a grain of salt. Our first wdw stay was at CBR. It got some awful reviews about dirty rooms, musty smells, mold, etc I was worried. But our room was great!, spotless, no smells, and our mousekeeper was wonderful.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #21
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

I think if you have concerns of being satisfied at a value resort, I suggest changing now. I know you are hoping you will be satisfied but my thinking is if you questioning being satisfied, change to a resort you feel confident you will be satisfied.
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #22
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Very true. I take reviews with a grain of salt. Our first wdw stay was at CBR. It got some awful reviews about dirty rooms, musty smells, mold, etc I was worried. But our room was great!, spotless, no smells, and our mousekeeper was wonderful.
Wow,interesting...... My first stay at CBR was great, but then my 2nd one, not so great, in fact I had a mold issue and got sick from it (cold symptons, extreme stuffiness). I had not heard that there was any other talk about this, and figured people would think I was just an unliker of the place. Now I won't stay there again. I will add, however, that my first stay was in a different village than my 2nd and was noticeably in a damper area. Even the pool had a different feel to me (quiet one). (I know sounds crazy because pools are wet).

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: