Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 PM   #46
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkangel460 View Post
I would NOT do a moderate or a deluxe that offers a free dining plan simply because, unless you have made your dining reservations, you may not get the places you want to eat. A regular dining plan is great when you know you want to sit down and each a bunch of table service (restaurant type meal), but with people able to book these 6 months before their trip, you are about a month out and the "great" places may be picked over.
I'm going the third and fourth week of August and while I did make my reservations at 180 days, I keep changing ADR times and restaurants almost daily. There are still tons of great options available even now at several popular restaurants. So I wouldn't hesitate to book one month out.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #47
momjo
Earning My Ears

A thousand thank you's - trip is booked!

I decided to go with CSR. I appreciate everyone's advice so much and hope no one minds if I didn't take their advice but it seemed like the best choice for us. AOA was tempting, but my dh would probably go berserk with the brightness and disney fun (he can be a stick in the mud!)

And I am Canadian so did get the dining plan - or DP (so many acronyms used here - I admit I had to look a few up! I'm learning....slowly! I guess it starts aug 17th for us for some reason. I booked our flights with air miles so yippee saved big money there! Now I just have to return many favours to my dh for his agreeing to this lol.

I am confused on a lot of things still so knowing that there are so many helpful experts here is a relief. Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!
momjo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #48
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you are leaning towards CRS. It is a great resort, as all moderates are very nice resorts. I suggest booking at least a preferred room as this resort is huge and a preferred room gets you in close proximity to the main stuff. Better yet, if they have availability, I highly recommend a business class room which gets you into building 9B which is directly in-between the main building and the pool, as well as steps away from your own bus stop. You also get a breakfast included in your business class building lounge. You'll have sodas available via this lounge much of the day. It's added convenience at a little bit of a price increase.

I just want your first visit to be the best it can be. Consider touring the parks at rope drop, and then cooling off in your resort pool during the (very) hot August afternoon, and then back to parks in the evening. I'm a New Yorker, and I can tell you the August Florida heat is shocking for Northerners. But we usually visit in late August for the lowest prices. With this type of schedule (afternoon resort breaks) you'll make use of the pool and business class lounge offering.

The following is your CSR map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #49
momjo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
It sounds like you are leaning towards CRS. It is a great resort, as all moderates are very nice resorts. I suggest booking at least a preferred room as this resort is huge and a preferred room gets you in close proximity to the main stuff. Better yet, if they have availability, I highly recommend a business class room which gets you into building 9B which is directly in-between the main building and the pool, as well as steps away from your own bus stop. You also get a breakfast included in your business class building lounge. You'll have sodas available via this lounge much of the day. It's added convenience at a little bit of a price increase.

I just want your first visit to be the best it can be. Consider touring the parks at rope drop, and then cooling off in your resort pool during the (very) hot August afternoon, and then back to parks in the evening. I'm a New Yorker, and I can tell you the August Florida heat is shocking for Northerners. But we usually visit in late August for the lowest prices. With this type of schedule (afternoon resort breaks) you'll make use of the pool and business class lounge offering.

The following is your CSR map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
Thanks for the info on the rooms. I booked a regular room, but maybe the added expense of the business room is worth it, particularly with the breakfast. I also like the idea of afternoon resort breaks. We usually sleep in, I have to admit, so getting everyone moving in the morning might be a challenge that is worth it. What time does everything open?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #50
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on deciding on your first family WDW trip. I noticed you have your plane tickets. Did you book the room/free dining package also? If you have already booked, I'll guess the WDW cast member suggested you to make your dinner/meal reservations. I think, if you put those reservation through within the next couple of weeks, you should be able to get some good meal reservations. There are some that sell out early, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can get.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #51
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjo View Post
Thanks for the info on the rooms. I booked a regular room, but maybe the added expense of the business room is worth it, particularly with the breakfast. I also like the idea of afternoon resort breaks. We usually sleep in, I have to admit, so getting everyone moving in the morning might be a challenge that is worth it. What time does everything open?
Most parks will open at 9:00AM. The following is a great resource for exact times: http://www.wdwmagic.com/calendar.htm

By getting there at 9:00am, you'll have shorter lines, and cooler all be it still hot temperature. Parks start packing up after 11:00am and by noon its very packed.

If sleeping in is your thing you could still avoid the heat by touring the parks in the evening when it's nicely lit up and cooler.

Building D4 (casitas) is a nice standard room building as you are close to a bus stop, standard rooms have a nice view of a green courtyard (mostly), you have a quiet pool, laundry room, as well as a spa and fitness center in this building. Your walk to the food court is around 10 minutes (shorter if you walk very fast) and add a few more minutes to get to the main pool.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:47 PM   #52
momjo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
Congratulations on deciding on your first family WDW trip. I noticed you have your plane tickets. Did you book the room/free dining package also? If you have already booked, I'll guess the WDW cast member suggested you to make your dinner/meal reservations. I think, if you put those reservation through within the next couple of weeks, you should be able to get some good meal reservations. There are some that sell out early, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you can get.
Oh I didn't speak to anyone, I just booked it online. So I had no idea about the reservations until this thread! Dumb me just thought we could waltz in wherever and eat. I should get going on that then! Good thing I like planning. THANK YOU so much!
Old 07-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #53
sndral
DIS Veteran

Here's the neighborhood on Dis for all things dinning
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14

And you should be making your FP+ selections now as well via MDE - see
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143281
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3171914
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #54
KimmiP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
CSR is actually great to stay at during conventions because they are cooped up all day, meaning the buses are less full! Food locations can get busy in the early morning and the bar area is noisier at night, but I think you would love it there (especially your husband).

CSR isn't so in-your-face Disney which is what I liked about it. The kids would love the pool...it has one of the best slides. Your husband would like the more relaxing feel of the resort if he likes quiet. It's a good atmosphere to go back to after a day in the parks.

Art of Animation would be amazing for your kids, but your husband might go nuts...it's bright, loud, and has LOTS of kids (obviously). Its theming is awesome but not relaxing like CSR. Even I would love to stay there and I don't have kids!...but I wouldn't enjoy a week there I don't think.

I wouldn't splurge for a Deluxe resort if you're wanting to stay in a certain budget. Since you aren't planning a lot of down time at your resort I don't think it's worth spending $1,000+ extra in your case just for the room.
This...

I was thinking while reading this thread all the suggestions for AoA were great but to be honest for someone who is slightly Disney-hostile, staying there would be overload. You'll never get him back after that lol. I adore Disney and have stayed at most of the resorts but will not stay there because it is just...too much (even my Disney obsessed 17yo daughter thinks so).

CSR is the best of both world, it isn't in your face theming but it is a beautiful relaxing resort which is probably exactly what he needs after a day in the parks. Oh and the suggestion about the preferred room? Get one. Nothing will irrate someone more than having to hike all the way for a soda or beer.

Good luck!

Been to the world too many times to count
KimmiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #55
Trip planner
Mouseketeer

Last minute ADR

I have planned two last minute trips and I actually scored some great last minute reservations. On our last trip, some I booked about one month out and I found better times the day before. A lot of people must drop reservations last minute. Keep checking!
Trip planner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #56
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momjo View Post
Oh I didn't speak to anyone, I just booked it online. So I had no idea about the reservations until this thread! Dumb me just thought we could waltz in wherever and eat. I should get going on that then! Good thing I like planning. THANK YOU so much!
It looks to me like you're doing a great job planning. And it shows that you enjoy the planning segment of your WDW trip. The Unofficial Guide To Walk Disney World by Bob Sehlinger is an outstanding book for those that like to plan and my favorite WDW information book.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #57
momjo
Earning My Ears

Wow

Thanks for making the planning fun. It's good to hear from you KimmiP that you thought I made the right choice - and I am going to go for the preferred room upgrade now. jperrot1 thx for the tip on the book - time to get reading!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #58
NaughtyQueen
Mouseketeer

CBR is a beautiful resort. You will not be disappointed there.

WDW Trips:
UPCOMING!!! Dec 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge (my 42nd Birthday trip) | Apr 2012 Polynesian (for work) | Dec 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort (my 38th Birthday trip) | Sep 2003 Caribbean Beach Resort and All Stars Movies | Nov 2000 Port Orleans (first visit)

DL Trips:
Feb 2008 Howard Johnson Hotel | Sep 2007 (day trip) | Oct 2002 (day trip) | Jun 1997 Park Place Inn | 1977-85 Disneyland Hotel (several trips with my Grandparents)
NaughtyQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #59
NaughtyQueen
Mouseketeer

Should have read the whole thread. Looks like you already made your decision.

WDW Trips:
UPCOMING!!! Dec 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge (my 42nd Birthday trip) | Apr 2012 Polynesian (for work) | Dec 2010 Caribbean Beach Resort (my 38th Birthday trip) | Sep 2003 Caribbean Beach Resort and All Stars Movies | Nov 2000 Port Orleans (first visit)

DL Trips:
Feb 2008 Howard Johnson Hotel | Sep 2007 (day trip) | Oct 2002 (day trip) | Jun 1997 Park Place Inn | 1977-85 Disneyland Hotel (several trips with my Grandparents)
NaughtyQueen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: