Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #2116
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
i have a question for everyone who has stayed at AoA!!! What is your favorite food in the court?!? Everything looks amazing, wondering what I MUST have?!?
DH and DS loved the pasta bar. My fave was definitely the tandoori chicken. Second was the chicken burger (thought I'd love the surf and surf, but turned out to like the chicken more).

I can't figure out how to quote multiple posts, but yes, there are grab and go pastries, etc. that you could easily take and keep in your room.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #2117
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by myminnieme View Post
Hi y'all! For some reason I feel like I recall reading you could get (half gallons?) milk at the resort. Maybe in the gifty-type store? Is this true? And are there other snacky type items that can be purchased and maybe stored in the room for breakfast? Thank ye kindly!
Yes, you can buy 1/2 gallons of milk in the "grab and go" area of Landscape of Flavors. I think it was $2.99 when we were there last year.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #2118
LaurEm378
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I'm staying at AoA for 2 nights next month and I have questions! I apologize if this has been covered but I'm still working my way through this long, informative thread .

1) I booked a Family Suite and it says the theme will be chosen at check-in (I couldn't book a particular theme under AP discount). I'd like a Nemo room best, but this doesn't matter to me as much as proximity to the lobby
and the Big Blue Pool. Should I just request "Close to main building"? Has anyone had luck requesting theme when you book the "mystery" category? . I keep hearing about long, long walks at AoA, but I'm not sure if that only applies to the LM rooms or if ALL the suites are closer.

2). Do the suite buildings have elevators?

3). Does anyone know if the gift shop has recently sold cases of drinking water, and gallons of distilled water?

Thanks for any info!
LaurEm378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #2119
jeanylaser
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista biggest fan

Does the Ink and Paint shop at AOA sold Disney DVD and Disney CDs?

jeanylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #2120
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
Does the Ink and Paint shop at AOA sold Disney DVD and Disney CDs?
I don't think it is a huge selection, but I do believe I saw some when we were there at the end of June.

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #2121
ejgonz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezy View Post
Yes, you can buy 1/2 gallons of milk in the "grab and go" area of Landscape of Flavors. I think it was $2.99 when we were there last year.
For those on the DDP can things like milk be purchased with a snack credit? I know this probably isn't the best use of a snack credit, but was just curious.
ejgonz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #2122
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Pasta Bar... Por/AoA

Is the Pasta bar different from the Pasta bar from Por???

really looking forward to all this DELICIOUS FOOD!

Chicago Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #2123
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurEm378 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm staying at AoA for 2 nights next month and I have questions! I apologize if this has been covered but I'm still working my way through this long, informative thread .

1) I booked a Family Suite and it says the theme will be chosen at check-in (I couldn't book a particular theme under AP discount). I'd like a Nemo room best, but this doesn't matter to me as much as proximity to the lobby
and the Big Blue Pool. Should I just request "Close to main building"? Has anyone had luck requesting theme when you book the "mystery" category? . I keep hearing about long, long walks at AoA, but I'm not sure if that only applies to the LM rooms or if ALL the suites are closer.

2). Do the suite buildings have elevators?

3). Does anyone know if the gift shop has recently sold cases of drinking water, and gallons of distilled water?

Thanks for any info!
The commentary about long walks usually involves the LM section, which is situated the furthest away from the main building. Each of the suite sections is adjacent to Animation Hall, with Nemo being the closest.

And yes, each of the buildings has elevators.

I don't know the current offerings for water. I assume they are still selling (expensive) packs of bottled water. I've never run across info about distilled water being available.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #2124
michyi
Mouseketeer

Question Should I switch...

I've posted this on several boards and just looking for lots of opinions and ideas....
Currently we are booked to stay at Beach Club in early December. This will probably be our last trip to Disney I'm really thinking about switching to AoA Nemo suite. I think the kids would like it a lot better. Everything looks amazing. My only concern is busing. We are also coming during pop warner week, but I don't think they stay at AoA. What are your ideas and opinions. Especially if you've stayed at both. Also, I will save about $700!

Polynesian: Dec. 2011
Beach Club: Dec. 2014
michyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #2125
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Is the Pasta bar different from the Pasta bar from Por???

really looking forward to all this DELICIOUS FOOD!
I've eaten the pasta at both resorts and the premise is the same.....choose your pasta, choose your protein and choose your sauce.....I'm not exactly sure if the same choices are available at both resorts, but both resorts serve delicious pasta!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #2126
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michyi View Post
I've posted this on several boards and just looking for lots of opinions and ideas....
Currently we are booked to stay at Beach Club in early December. This will probably be our last trip to Disney I'm really thinking about switching to AoA Nemo suite. I think the kids would like it a lot better. Everything looks amazing. My only concern is busing. We are also coming during pop warner week, but I don't think they stay at AoA. What are your ideas and opinions. Especially if you've stayed at both. Also, I will save about $700!
I can only speak for AofA, but bus service at AofA was excellent, plus you have the option of walking to the bus at Pop.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #2127
mommymanda
Mouseketeer

We are 36 days out from our stay at AOA Cars suite . I switched from The Beach club to the cars in order to get a free dining package. Paid a little more to get the 'free dining', but I've been planning this trip for nearly 6years. Ever since AOA opened my 'dream' was a Cars suite with free dining...I got it We only had to pay roughly $150 above what I was planning for OOP meals, and with that $150 I was able to add two more table service dinners, drinks with our meals as opposed to constant water or the warm stuff we pack, and not listening to my 10year old whine that she does not get dessert each night while her younger brothers do. For our trip it was worth it.

Now I did almost rearrange things again for two connecting rooms at POP to save $400. My darling husband told me to forget it, this was my dream and its already paid for so lets just enjoy it.

With everything done and booked all I can do now is read and read to keep my excitement from overloading. Read I have done, lol the first 30 or so pages and the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

The only questions I've not seen answered to this point are

1) Are the kids allowed to get up close to the character statues? I have two boys who would love to sit on the McQueen or such for pictures (who am I kidding, I scrapbook and will drag my kids to get photos on the cars for the albums lol). I'm not saying climbing gym, but can they get on for a photo op?

2) I have a Garden Grocer and Stroller being delivered to the resort for my stay. What about regular packages mailed? I am from Canada and am a bit of a shopaholic. I'm often stuck with crazy shipping fees and customs charges when I order items to my home. I would love to mail some of the kids back to school stuff to my resort and save all those fees. Anyone know how that works?
mommymanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #2128
peekkaboo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymanda View Post
We are 36 days out from our stay at AOA Cars suite . I switched from The Beach club to the cars in order to get a free dining package. Paid a little more to get the 'free dining', but I've been planning this trip for nearly 6years. Ever since AOA opened my 'dream' was a Cars suite with free dining...I got it We only had to pay roughly $150 above what I was planning for OOP meals, and with that $150 I was able to add two more table service dinners, drinks with our meals as opposed to constant water or the warm stuff we pack, and not listening to my 10year old whine that she does not get dessert each night while her younger brothers do. For our trip it was worth it.

Now I did almost rearrange things again for two connecting rooms at POP to save $400. My darling husband told me to forget it, this was my dream and its already paid for so lets just enjoy it.

With everything done and booked all I can do now is read and read to keep my excitement from overloading. Read I have done, lol the first 30 or so pages and the last 20 or so pages of this thread.

The only questions I've not seen answered to this point are

1) Are the kids allowed to get up close to the character statues? I have two boys who would love to sit on the McQueen or such for pictures (who am I kidding, I scrapbook and will drag my kids to get photos on the cars for the albums lol). I'm not saying climbing gym, but can they get on for a photo op?

2) I have a Garden Grocer and Stroller being delivered to the resort for my stay. What about regular packages mailed? I am from Canada and am a bit of a shopaholic. I'm often stuck with crazy shipping fees and customs charges when I order items to my home. I would love to mail some of the kids back to school stuff to my resort and save all those fees. Anyone know how that works?
We are going on our very first Disney trip (first family vacation actually) in November and staying at AoA in the Cars section. This is a surprise trip for our boys, they are gonna freak out! My oldest (hes 8) have been asking to go to Disney for 2 yrs now. We told him when hes 10 we will go. LOL he is a HUGE cars fan so I too would LOVE to know if we can sit on the cars etc to take photos. I am a photo snapping freak and also a scrapbooker. Lol
peekkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #2129
peg2001
Can drive DH away with a banana and mayo sandwich ;-)
Used to play on roofs
Shoe rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejgonz2 View Post
For those on the DDP can things like milk be purchased with a snack credit? I know this probably isn't the best use of a snack credit, but was just curious.
Yes, but it would be the individual bottles of milk, not the half-gallon, for a snack credit. One strategy would be to pick up bottles of milk/juice etc. as the drink with your counter service meals at the resort and save them in the fridge in the room for when you want them. . .using your refillable mugs to get a drink for the immediate meal.
peg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #2130
peekkaboo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
Love the tandoori chicken with naan bread and the create your own pasta option! Yum!!
Omg they have tandori chicken and naan bread at AoA??? Cant wait!
peekkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: