Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #46
bryanb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Did you go into any of the clubs? Atlantic City Dance Hall? Jellyrolls? In fairness, that is where all the action is after about 9pm. Jellyrolls is one of our favourite night spots at WDW. You are right, in that there is no real convenient transport back to other resorts (one of the many reasons we like to stay in the Epcot resort area) but it is easy enough to get a taxi from either Boardwalk Inn or Yacht/Beach Club - we have done that on many occasions too.
I did and they were both pretty empty. Just to be fair, this was during the off season... so perhaps there just wasn't a lot going on. Downtown Disney was fairly quiet as well, except for Raglan Road. Splitsville had a few people on the patio.
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #47
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

I am going to be in Orlando for business next week. Is there a parking lot for off site guests? Is there a cover charge for the clubs? TIA.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 02:24 PM   #48
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

As far as I can tell there is a $12 cover charge at Jellyrolls and no cover charge at Atlantic Dance. Off site guests may park in the Boardwalk Inn parking lot from what I could gather. Hope this helps a bit...Please someone correct if this info is wrong....
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #49
CounselorX
Mouseketeer

What is the easiest way to get to the Boardwalk from Pop Century?
??? 2015

Me(29) and DW(30)

See our WDW vacation videos here!
CounselorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #50
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounselorX View Post
What is the easiest way to get to the Boardwalk from Pop Century?
Other than driving your own car or calling a cab, I would guess the easiest way is bus to DHS, then walk or boat to Boardwalk.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #51
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

to say that it's not like the real New jersey Boardwalk so it's not worth seeing makes me roll my eyes . Having lived in Europe and the Middle East for many years, the world showcase at Epcot is not exactly like the real thing either but my family and I still love it there. It's Disney. Personally my DH and I are big Boardwalk Empire fans and we have never been to Boardwalk but we are looking forward to walking through it on this upcoming trip. It looks cool.

While we're at it the Matterhorn is nothing like it's European counterpart and neither are any of the castles so let's avoid those too

ME DH DS
Disneyland- hundreds of times
Disneyland Hotel 6/05,12/05
Disney Fairytale Wedding@Disneyland 6/05
WDW 2/04, 6/05, 5/12, 10/14, 10/15
Port Orleans Riverside 2/04 & 6/05
All Star Movies Resort 5/12
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Port Orleans French Quarter 9/30/15
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Disney Fantasy 10/18/14 & 10/10/15
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #52
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
to say that it's not like the real New jersey Boardwalk so it's not worth seeing makes me roll my eyes . Having lived in Europe and the Middle East for many years, the world showcase at Epcot is not exactly like the real thing either but my family and I still love it there. It's Disney. Personally my DH and I are big Boardwalk Empire fans and we have never been to Boardwalk but we are looking forward to walking through it on this upcoming trip. It looks cool.

While we're at it the Matterhorn is nothing like it's European counterpart and neither are any of the castles so let's avoid those too
Agreed; if you are into the cult of authenticity then DisneyWorld is not for you.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #53
MuddyTires
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
Glad its not the "real" boardwalk of Jersey Shore, worst thing that could happen to Disney is to have Snookie and "The Situation" (if I got those names right) walking up and down challenging people to fights.

I don't think people give the buskers enough credit. They are really a good show (obviously you wont watch the same ones over and over). I guess its like going into the Lion King Show looking around leaving and saying there wasn't much there. If your not into buskers than the Boardwalk is likely a pass for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethschroeder View Post
Glad its not the "real" boardwalk of Jersey Shore, worst thing that could happen to Disney is to have Snookie and "The Situation" (if I got those names right) walking up and down challenging people to fights.
lol @ "if I got those names right" to try to make it sound like you aren't sure who they are.

You are apparently unfamiliar with some of the Jersey shore boardwalks other than Seaside Heights, such as in Ocean City (dry town) and Point Pleasant:

http://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_u...walk_Guide.HTM

But it is true that there is already more than enough fighting in Disney parks! See, e.g.:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvd...bus-driver_fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvlzkdxad-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX2TDZK_EKw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vuSn1-sv04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkk_FeCqGEw
MuddyTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #54
L&Lfan
DIS Veteran

Off topic, but just how was that tea cups fight settled?
L&Lfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #55
puffkin
DVC Owner- SSR & AKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
Agreed; if you are into the cult of authenticity then DisneyWorld is not for you.
Sometimes I wonder if people actually read what others write....

I know what I was saying in my previous post about comparing it to an actual Boardwalk (for example a Jersey Shore Boardwalk) is not that the Disney version be a carbon copy or anything like that. But in this area of the country, boardwalks are entertainment destinations and basically what these shore towns revolve around (and rely on) for their tourism business. So if someone is familiar with these destinations and hears about the Disney version, I just wanted to make sure that they are aware it is a totally different type of thing. Those who read my prior posts will get that....those who stopped after the first sentence probably won't

Veteran of 25+ trips to the World
puffkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #56
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post

I know what I was saying in my previous post about comparing it to an actual Boardwalk (for example a Jersey Shore Boardwalk) is not that the Disney version be a carbon copy or anything like that. But in this area of the country, boardwalks are entertainment destinations and basically what these shore towns revolve around (and rely on) for their tourism business. So if someone is familiar with these destinations and hears about the Disney version, I just wanted to make sure that they are aware it is a totally different type of thing. Those who read my prior posts will get that....those who stopped after the first sentence probably won't
No, I read every word you typed. But you are still saying that it's not like the actual places. Everyone knows what a boardwalk is. We have them here on the west coast too. Again, to expect it to be exactly like a boardwalk and be dissapointed when it isn't is not exactly how to judge disney attractions...typcially Disney creates cute mini Disney versions of actual locations.

ME DH DS
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Old 07-16-2014, 05:24 PM   #57
NYDisGuy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffkin View Post

It's not a different type of thing. Disney is not aiming to be Seaside Heights, they themed the boardwalk as if it was set in the 1920-40's. Boardwalks back then were alot different then they are now. And Disney does a good job of entertaining there from morning till night even though people may disagree. They could easily fire the performers and get rid of the clubs for more shops but it would kill the theme that they want.
NYDisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #58
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDisGuy View Post
It's not a different type of thing. Disney is not aiming to be Seaside Heights, they themed the boardwalk as if it was set in the 1920-40's. Boardwalks back then were alot different then they are now. And Disney does a good job of entertaining there from morning till night even though people may disagree. They could easily fire the performers and get rid of the clubs for more shops but it would kill the theme that they want.

Which is why as fans of Boardwalk Empire, I think my DH and I will enjoy Boardwalk

ME DH DS
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12
Old 07-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #59
EMode
DIS Veteran

We count the cockroaches, but its Disney so they are called something else. We pretty much eat when we go to the Boardwalk, its a nice place for a nightime walk and some down time.
EMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #60
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMode View Post
We count the cockroaches, but its Disney so they are called something else. We pretty much eat when we go to the Boardwalk, its a nice place for a nightime walk and some down time.
There are cockroaches at the Boardwalk?

ME DH DS
Coronado Springs 10/9/14
Disney Wonder 6/05
Disney Dream 4/12