Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Does Disney usually keep the same EMH days year after year ?

Does Disney usually keep the same EMH days year after year or do they change them around a lot ? I like to plan ahead and would like to know which days will be EMH days.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

They had pretty much the same EMH for years - depending on when the park closed. We always went to MK on Sunday evening EMHs. They just changed them for the summer - which messed up all of our plans. It is too late for us to change our plans - so you never know when they will change them. MK EMHs is now Saturday evening.

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
fluffykalie
Mouseketeer

your post made me laugh. I dont mean to be rude its just disney just changed there emh within the last month and upset many planners. They can change with somewhat short notice meaning after your ADR are booked and mabey even fast pass's. Good luck and have an awsome trip.
One of my favorite parts of the trip is the planning.
fluffykalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:18 AM   #4
Jack & Monica
Earning My Ears

Changes to EMH

I was a victim of the recent change to the EMH. I am bringing a large group (16) down at the end of this month (July). I had committed an extreme amount of time to planning to meet all individuals' wishes. I had researched best days to go to which park. Disney canceled EMH for Sunday evening at the MK and altogether EMH for AK on Mondays. This really put a serious hurting on my plans. I wrote to Disney to complain about how I did everything that they recommended -- dining reservations at least 6 months out, fast passes entered at 59 days 23 hours 59 seconds, etc. Disney pulled the rug out from me (I won't go into why it really hurt -- had to do with compromise between teens agreeing to stay with larger group for parts of the time to satisfy the moms). I sent my planning documents along with the email.
I got a very nice phone call from a senior Disney Customer Service rep. He apologized for the scheduling change. He explained that sometimes one part of the company fails to get input from another part. They will try to ensure that changes like this will not be made so abruptly. (I would guess that Disney got a lot of feedback on the change). He also asked what he could do to make this better? I told him that the phone call restored my belief in Disney as the company I grew up with. I did not want anything more than the apology. He stated that he would call the resort and see if they could have something in our rooms when we arrived.
Jack & Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #5
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Does Disney usually keep the same EMH days year after year...
Nope.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Ok thanks everyone . I wish they would keep the EMH the same. Sorry to here about it upsetting everyones plans. I would be upset too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: