Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Volkswagenphreak
laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever

Height requirements

I realize there are height requirements for most rides, but are there any that if you're too tall on you can't ride? Hubby is 6'8 we've ran into issues before at amusement parks where he is too tall to ride rides. Hopefully this won't be an issue but does anyone know? Thanks
Volkswagenphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagenphreak View Post
I realize there are height requirements for most rides, but are there any that if you're too tall on you can't ride? Hubby is 6'8 we've ran into issues before at amusement parks where he is too tall to ride rides. Hopefully this won't be an issue but does anyone know? Thanks
Not at WDW.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #3
jco_direwolf
DIS Veteran

I would not characteristic as most I would say some rides have a height requirement. I have a friend who is 6 8 give or take he rides everything at WDW.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #4
Volkswagenphreak

Perfect thanks!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #5
hawkeyesparks
Mouseketeer

Some rides might be a tight fit for him. I'm thinking specifically about Space Mtn. I'm 6'3 and it's hard for me.
2011: Boardwalk Villas
2013: Boardwalk Villas
2014: WL
hawkeyesparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
over50visits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tell him he's too tall for Small World. He'll thank you forever
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Volkswagenphreak

Lol this will be his first time to disney, I kust torture him with its a small world at least once thats what got my thinking about his height because someone mentioned they were just over 6ft and pirates hurt there knees. I didnt even think of space mountain though. .
Old 07-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #8
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Lol this will be his first time to disney, I kust torture him with its a small world at least once thats what got my thinking about his height because someone mentioned they were just over 6ft and pirates hurt there knees. I didnt even think of space mountain though. .
There will be some tight fits for sure. But there is no max height requirement where he can't ride.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:33 AM   #9
bryanb
Mouseketeer

Theoretically, there would have to be some upper limit. It's just not published (in the same way they wouldn't ever explicitly state that people over X inch waists can't ride). The safety systems are designed in a way to accommodate the most common and widest range of heights and weights.

At Disneyland we had NBA basketball players come and visit... I think they only went on a few attractions, although some of them had to move their knees to the side to bring the lap bar down! I didn't hear of any issues, but I don't think they'd fare well on the Matterhorn!
bryanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #10
Dawn Dis
Mouseketeer

Speaking of height requirements here's a question. My 4 yr old is 39 7/8 inches tall bare feet. With shoes she's just over 40 inches. We were at a local amusement park and she didn't make the 40 inch requirement ( bogus) Anyone know how Disney world runs? Are they pretty precise or will she have a problem getting on 40 inch rides. By sept. She might be there without shoes, but i m worried they are as accurate as Knoebels.
Thanks for your response
Old 07-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #11
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Seriously? You've asked the same question on five threads, three of which were old threads that hadn't been posted to in months.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #12
Dawn Dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren
Seriously? You've asked the same question on five threads, three of which were old threads that hadn't been posted to in months.
Wow. I didn't realize this was an issue. I've also asked questions on one and have gotten no response in the past... I'm still new here and thought I could get different perspectives on different threads. Not to mention this thread is the newest and isn't really about "minimum" requirements...oh and BTW, at least those "older" threads gave me some very informative responses instead of negatively jumping down my throat.....Geesh get a grip and give a girl a break.

Last edited by Dawn Dis; 07-16-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Dawn Dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Dis View Post
Wow. I didn't realize this was an issue. I've also asked questions on one and have gotten no response in the past... I'm still new here and thought I could get different perspectives on different threads. Not to mention this thread is the newest and isn't really about "minimum" requirements...oh and BTW, at least those "older" threads gave me some very informative responses instead of negatively jumping down my throat.....Geesh get a grip and give a girl a break.
Don't worry about it, Dawn. This is the first post in which I have seen you ask this question. My husband is also 6'8" and we have done Disney many many times. There is nothing he hasn't been able to ride, either due to a height restriction or just because he was too uncomfortable. There are some rides that are a tighter fit than others, though. If you are to ride the Astro Orbiter (Magic Kingdom), you might consider each getting your own rocket as it will give him more room. Try to get front seats on Livin' With the Land (Land Pavilion in Epcot)and Grand Fiesta Tour (Mexico ride in Epcot). On Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom), there are 3 seats per car. The first seat has the least amount of leg room, the middle has moderate leg room, and the last seat has the most leg room. Try to get him as far back as possible. On Rock n Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios) and Test Track(Epcot), the front seats have more leg room than the back seats. Many cast members noticed my husband's height and automatically put us in front, but you can always request one if they don't automatically put you in one. Have an wonderful trip!

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: