Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #2521
SPOERLX3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandis77 View Post
Thank you. It's just hard to imagine what the booking process is like right now. I am sure it will be fine.
I have found some great youtube video tutorials that walk you through the Fastpass plus that helped alot!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #2522
Cluelyss
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to select your FP+ return times from those available when you are originally booking? I've figured out how to change my time slot once it's booked, but on the initial selection (both online and in the app) I don't see an option to select a desired time. Once I pick my attractions, the system just gives me random windows for each. Am I missing something? TIA, 30 days from being able to schedule, and still trying to figure it out! (Will definitely check out the tutorials - thx for the tip!)

Me / DH / DD / DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #2523
kmjc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluelyss View Post
I believe that the ADR system and FP+ system are completely separate, so you should have no problem if the times of a FP overlaps your ADR. You just cannot have 2 FP+ selections or 2 ADRs overlap each other.
I am not too sure if this is correct. I just returned from MK. (Visited on 7/11/14) When I made my initial 3 FP reservations, I could not overlap my FP times with ADRs. However, after you use your first 3 FP, you can then book more at the kiosks. When I booked more FP in the park at the kiosks,I was not locked out of the times that overlapped my dinner ADR.

I had a VERY GOOD experience with FP+. I was able to do all of the attractions that I wanted including 7DMT, A&E, and many more in one day at MK. We were in the park for 13 hours and managed 7 FP+. We probably could have done 8-9 if we had wanted to. I did not have a stand-by wait of more than 20 minutes. I used Touring plans dot com to plan our visit and was amazed at how accurate the timeline was that I followed. We were never off more than 15 minutes of the touring plan schedule.

FYI the kiosks at jungle cruise were short. There were crowds lined up at the kiosks near the bathrooms in the middle of adventure land/frontier land. I don't think that the majority of MK visitors had any clue how to maximize their visit with FP+. All of the FP+ lines that we experienced were very short. Having a basic understanding gives you an enormous advantage in the parks.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #2524
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

I was able to overlap on my initial FP+. My breakfast overlaps safari about 20 minutes.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
Old 07-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #2525
mandis77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOERLX3 View Post
I have found some great youtube video tutorials that walk you through the Fastpass plus that helped alot!
Awesome thank you! I will for sure check those out.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #2526
nkosiek
Mouseketeer

I saw Josh on his site was able to change his times on his phone via the app. Does anyone know if you can change the entire experience to another park via the app? Say I obtain a FP+ via the kiosk for POTC before heading out of MK for an afternoon break but decide to go to HS later. Can I change POTC to say Star Tours via the app or would I have to wait until I hit that park?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #2527
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkosiek View Post
I saw Josh on his site was able to change his times on his phone via the app. Does anyone know if you can change the entire experience to another park via the app? Say I obtain a FP+ via the kiosk for POTC before heading out of MK for an afternoon break but decide to go to HS later. Can I change POTC to say Star Tours via the app or would I have to wait until I hit that park?
I think I would have heard of this technique by now (and many times over) if it actually worked, so I don't think so.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #2528
phabric
DIS Veteran

We will be using FP in October for the first time.

We have dining reservations.

When you do FP, does Disney take into consideration your dining times when they give you FP times.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #2529
twinklesstars
Mouseketeer

I have a friend that is going to Disney in September. Her 60 day window opens later this week. Her family is staying at CB. She has a brother that is staying off site. Is it possible to link his ticket and book everything at the 60 day mark, or do they have to wait until the 30 day time frame? Or, would it be better to reserve their FP+ reservations now and try to add the 5th person at the 30 day time frame and just work him into what they have?
Old 07-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #2530
Cluelyss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklesstars View Post
I have a friend that is going to Disney in September. Her 60 day window opens later this week. Her family is staying at CB. She has a brother that is staying off site. Is it possible to link his ticket and book everything at the 60 day mark, or do they have to wait until the 30 day time frame? Or, would it be better to reserve their FP+ reservations now and try to add the 5th person at the 30 day time frame and just work him into what they have?
I have never tried to personally do this, but from what I've learned just playing with the system, it knows if you are an on site guest or not (hence, allowing you to schedule at the 60-day mark). Even if your friend links her brother's ticket to their account, I would assume the window wouldn't open for him until 30 days out. I would recommend making all of their reservations at 60 days and then trying to schedule his FP+ reservations at compatible times. Even if the return windows are not exactly the same, as long as they overlap at some point, they could all ride together.

Me / DH / DD / DS
Old 07-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #2531
nogreenworld
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluelyss View Post
I have never tried to personally do this, but from what I've learned just playing with the system, it knows if you are an on site guest or not (hence, allowing you to schedule at the 60-day mark). Even if your friend links her brother's ticket to their account, I would assume the window wouldn't open for him until 30 days out. I would recommend making all of their reservations at 60 days and then trying to schedule his FP+ reservations at compatible times. Even if the return windows are not exactly the same, as long as they overlap at some point, they could all ride together.
CM online chat confirms this theory.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #2532
preemiemama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogreenworld View Post
CM online chat confirms this theory.
You should be able to copy someone's FPs to him once his window opens- the only ones you might not get would be A&E and 7DMT. Copying from one person to another will keep the same time slots, even if there were one or two experiences that were different. Much easier than just trying to match up times!

From my experience with making them for a group and changing within a month before the trip, those were our only issues. Within a week, the times for TSMM may change, but it was still available...
Old 07-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #2533
jwboucher
Mouseketeer

I did my fast passes yesterday. It seems like a huge inconvenience having to plan around not only ADRs but fast passes too.

2015-Pop Century,
2014-Pop Century, 2013-Pop Century, 2012-Pop Century, 2011-Pop Century,2010-Coronado Springs, 2009-Pop Century, 2008-Pop Century, 2007-Saratoga Springs, 2006-Carribbean Beach Resort, 2005-Off Property Nick Hotel, 2004-Off Property Tropical Palms, 2003-Off Property Tropical Palms

Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #2534
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabric View Post
When you do FP, does Disney take into consideration your dining times when they give you FP times.
When I did this earlier this week, I sometimes saw a "warning" about overlap with a meal time on my fast pass options, but it seems you can still book those options.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #2535
ragel1023
Earning My Ears

FP help

I'm am logged in now trying to my my FP+ reservations. I am going September 15-21. When I go to the website and click make FastPass reservations, it shows the calendar. When I try to click on Sept 15, it won't let me. July 15-August 15 are in blue and I can click on any of those days. Everything August 16th on is gray and it will not allow me to click on it. Does that mean it just isn't working yet tonight? If that is the case, I just wondered why it would let me click on any dates. Like if I wanted, I could make a FP reservation for August 15th, but not Sept 15. Is this normal? Trying to decide if I should wake up and try again in an hour or I have some other problem going on that needs to be fixed before getting Fastpasses. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
fastpass+, information, list, priority, strategy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: